Phantom 4 RTK dongle
3209 3 2020-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SUYDESA
lvl.2

Mexico

Hi, my name is Marco, I am sending this message from Mexico.

Out of the city.

I bought the Phantom 4 RTK, I tried to fly it far from the city, but I could not link the DJI D-RTK 2 antenna with the remote control, it asked me to log in, I had no way to connect the remote control to Internet.

In the city.

Perform the same procedure in my office (in the city), I linked the remote control to the office WIFI, I linked the DJI D-RTK 2 antenna with the remote control and then the drone, everything was successful.

I have read and searched on internet and now I know that to use my Phantom 4 RTK and the DJI D-RTK 2 antenna out of the cityor in areas around my city, I will need a “Dongle”, I saw it in the manual, also on the DJI official YouTube page and some people in the US using it.

My questions:

1.-In Mexico, do you know what type of Dongle should I buy?

2.-What Item specifics should it have?

3.-Which companies in Mexico handle the Dongle for Phantom 4 RTK?

4.-What is the process for this Dongle to work correctly with my DJI D-RTK 2 antenna? (I think more official information about this point is needed, manuals).

I have read all the official DJI documentation about the Phantom 4 RTK, I feel like more is missing about how to work with the Phantom 4 RTK and DJI D-RTK 2 antenna out of the cityor in areas around, without WIFI Connection.

Also missing official DJI information about these themes for Phantom 4 RTK

* Remotely connect to a custom RTK network with a 4G accessory using an NTRIP account. (RTCM3.2).

* Remotely connect via Wi-Fi to a custom RTK network with an NTRIP account. Not available in Europe. (RTCM3.0 / RTCM3.1 / RTCM3.2).

2020-3-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SUYDESA, sorry for the inconvenience caused without network out of the city. For NA version, using a 4G Dongle with SIM card is recommended but a wifi signal can also be used. You could enable the personal Hotspot in your phone and then connect the RC to the Hotspot.
For the 4G Dongle, we will verify with our engineers and come back to you soon.
2020-3-17
Use props
SUYDESA
lvl.2

Mexico

Thanks, I'll try to do that
2020-3-18
Use props
Ohon Rehman
lvl.1

Bangladesh

I want to do it <3