Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Camera issues, glitching, lines, black, erratic. Any ideas?
827 13 2020-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 419665 ft
  • >>>
United States

After 2 flights, my p4pro is working fine, then 3rd job fight it started having issues with the camera. glitching, lines, black screen on photos, erratic. Any ideas? I have photos and video to show examples. My firmware of my p4pro v1 and my controller with integrated screen is up to date. Any assistance is appreciated.
2020-3-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2020-3-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

2020-3-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Here is a link to a video showing issue.
2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Droneseyeviewinc. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to reset the camera settings of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted on the said issue for as to be able to assist you further. Thank you.
2020-3-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 3-17 07:54
Hello and good day Droneseyeviewinc. I am sorry for the trouble and thank you for reaching out. Can you please try to reset the camera settings of your DJI Phantom 4 Pro to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted on the said issue for as to be able to assist you further. Thank you.

I didi that and refreshed the firmware. Recalibrated the gimbal, formated the memory card (it does this with or without the card). Any other ideas before I send it in?
2020-3-17
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

Droneseyeviewinc Posted at 3-17 10:23
I didi that and refreshed the firmware. Recalibrated the gimbal, formated the memory card (it does this with or without the card). Any other ideas before I send it in?

Yes, it is a camera hardware fault, about the only thing you can do is re-seat the ribbon cable joining the camera to the main body, perhaps even replacing that cable.
2020-3-17
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 3-17 13:14
Yes, it is a camera hardware fault, about the only thing you can do is re-seat the ribbon cable joining the camera to the main body, perhaps even replacing that cable.

you confirmed my suspicions. Seems to be a big job reseating it. prob will send it in. thank you
2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Droneseyeviewinc Posted at 3-17 10:23

You may need to send in the drone for service as the issue persists. Please start an online repair request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone so we can help.
2020-3-19
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Droneseyeviewinc Posted at 3-18 11:50
you confirmed my suspicions. Seems to be a big job reseating it. prob will send it in. thank you

I did partially as you suggested. Opened it up, reseated main cable from camera to drone on each side as well as reseat ribbon cables in the camera area as well and no change. I will send it in just in case it a board/solder issue.
2020-3-19
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-19 04:25
You may need to send in the drone for service as the issue persists. Please start an online repair request at https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav and send in the drone so we can help.

I will do that now. What is a ballpark turnaround time that I should get it back once you receive it?
2020-3-19
Use props
Droneseyeviewinc
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I have sent it in.
2020-3-19
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

Ribbons get damaged easily. My P4 was doing that and a ribbon change corrected it.
2020-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

The estimated turnaround time is 5 to 7 business days except shipping. If help needed during service, feel free to contact me at any time.
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules