Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
generion
lvl.1
Flight distance : 308753 ft
Turkey

Hi
My problem is about Mavic Mini.

Core card got wet and broke . I had to change the motherboard 3 days ago.

The drone then continued to fly successfully

But in pre-flight alerts, I get the message "Gimbal IMU data error (40021)"

I dowgrade and  upgrade the fw software a few times. All time i did all the calibrations .
I made the  IMI,compas and Gimbal calibrations

I keep getting a warning. No problem in flight , Warning only

Do you have a solution suggestion

Thank you

2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal like dirt or sand that may cause this issue. After doing this step and the issue still persists, since you have done all the necessary troubleshooting and the issue still persists. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket for us to diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Please note since there is a DIY repair done on the said drone this will void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you.
2020-3-17
Use props
generion
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal like dirt or sand that may cause this issue. After doing this step and the issue still persists, since you have done all the necessary troubleshooting and the issue still persists. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket for us to diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Please note since there is a DIY repair done on the said drone this will void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you.

I cleaned the gimbal. I have no request for warranty. I created a ticket. I'm just looking for a solution
2020-3-17
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 25380883 ft
  • >>>
United States

generion Posted at 3-17 22:23
I cleaned the gimbal. I have no request for warranty. I created a ticket. I'm just looking for a solution

i have same problem. my drone crashed and i replace, gimbal and camera, compass + flat ribbon and now i have same error like you. Gimbal IMU Data error (Code: 40021).

i think there is a connection problem between flat ribbon and mainboard or IMU connection.
2020-3-26
Use props
generion
lvl.1
Turkey

miniDrone360 Posted at 3-26 16:11
i have same problem. my drone crashed and i replace, gimbal and camera, compass + flat ribbon and now i have same error like you. Gimbal IMU Data error (Code: 40021).

i think there is a connection problem between flat ribbon and mainboard or IMU connection.

Actually, I know the source of the problem. I can't find a solution. When a gimbal and motherboard change. The match between them disappears. The gimbal sensor ID does not match the IMU. How to pair the Gimbal again with the IMU. I'm looking for this
2020-3-27
Use props
generion
lvl.1
Turkey

DJI Paladin Posted at 3-17 08:47
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please check if there is any obstruction on the gimbal like dirt or sand that may cause this issue. After doing this step and the issue still persists, since you have done all the necessary troubleshooting and the issue still persists. I would recommend for your to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket for us to diagnose the cause of the issue and a proper resolution will be provided. Please note since there is a DIY repair done on the said drone this will void the warranty of the said drone. Thank you.

Actually, I know the source of the problem. I can't find a solution. When a gimbal and motherboard change. The match between them disappears. The gimbal sensor ID does not match the IMU. How to pair the Gimbal again with the IMU. I'm looking for this
2020-3-27
Use props
generion
lvl.1
Turkey

generion Posted at 3-27 03:29

They could be re-paired with a special software at DJI authorized services.
2020-3-27
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

generion Posted at 3-27 03:28

it seems not actually related to pairing Gimbal and IMU or any other parts, because after replacing Gimbal, i just have that error but Gimbal trying to be level the horizon but maybe stuck on wrong initial values or something else...
2020-3-29
Use props
edyno
lvl.3
Flight distance : 61677 ft
Slovakia

I'm afraid Generion is right.
I have the same error after changing the board (40021).
I leveled Gimbal with calibration. But the error continues to appear. However, the camera works ok. Probably the camera ID is being written to the IMU or vice versa. I'm looking for a solution too.
2020-3-30
Use props
generion
lvl.1
Turkey

edyno Posted at 3-30 04:26
I'm afraid Generion is right.
I have the same error after changing the board (40021).
I leveled Gimbal with calibration. But the error continues to appear. However, the camera works ok. Probably the camera ID is being written to the IMU or vice versa. I'm looking for a solution too.

I learned that it can be done with special software in authorized dji services
2020-3-31
Use props
edyno
lvl.3
Slovakia

generion Posted at 3-31 00:27
I learned that it can be done with special software in authorized dji services

I communicated with the DJI service center. They did not mention the need for special pairing. I quote: "If the calibration didn't help solve the issue, then the product will have to be sent in to be repaired by us." Apparently, I did not receive completely accurate information.

Could DJI give me exact information? Thank you.
2020-3-31
Use props
miniDrone360
lvl.4
  • >>>
Germany

edyno Posted at 3-31 08:07
I communicated with the DJI service center. They did not mention the need for special pairing. I quote: "If the calibration didn't help solve the issue, then the product will have to be sent in to be repaired by us." Apparently, I did not receive completely accurate information.

Could DJI give me exact information? Thank you.

There ia a software for DJI Service Centers named 'RepairTool' for any DJI products and it just running with specified VPN with Certificate that can Pair modules by its IDs into drone's Mainboard...
2020-4-3
Use props
edyno
lvl.3
Slovakia

miniDrone360 Posted at 4-3 04:00
There ia a software for DJI Service Centers named 'RepairTool' for any DJI products and it just running with specified VPN with Certificate that can Pair modules by its IDs into drone's Mainboard...

Thank you for your response. Sounds reasonable. In other forums I have already read something about this program.
2020-4-6
Use props
MiniAviator
lvl.1
United States

So is that it?  You have to have a program to fix this problem?  So does that mean I'm dead in the water because I will have to send it in to DJI anyway after doing the gimble and flat ribbon replacement on my own?  Or does anyone have access to the above mentioned program?
2020-6-2
Use props
MiniAviator
lvl.1
United States

Well the first time since the crash, I took my Mini for a PMCF and it flies great!  However, because of the problem with the gimbal camera, it tilts to the left which distorts the picture and makes it a little difficult to navigate out of sight.  I called the authorized service in Miami and they told me the reason for that error is that when you replace the ribbon or the gimble, you have to replace them with a new ribbon and gimble that are sold attached together or you lose compatibility.  So he told me in order to fix the problem it would cost $380 including labor to replace the gimble cam with compatible ribbon.  How did you guys resolve the problem?
2020-6-3
Use props
MiniAviator
lvl.1
United States

Did you ever fix the problem?  I found out the problem is that when you replace the gimble, it has to have the ribbon that goes with that gimbal.  You cannot order to separate parts because they are not compatible.  In my case, I had to order the gimbal because the power cord was frayed.  The ribbon had torn in one place as well so I shopped around ebay and ordered to separate parts, not together which ended up being a huge mistake.
2020-6-3
Use props
Olaf.Win
New
Flight distance : 391401 ft
Germany

Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. After a crash, I replaced the gimbal/camera system by one from another Mavic Mini from Ebay. I also had to replace the ribbon cable that connects the mainboard, gimbal, GPS board (?) and another sensor (compass?). I ran the two commands JointCoarse and LinearHall with these python-based tools (o-gs/dji-firmware-tools).
Now, the drone flies and records normally, the gimbal is working, but one IMU gimbal error message remains, obviously without giving me any further trouble.
If anyone knows how to remove the error message, I would be grateful.
Best regards,
Olaf
2020-6-12
Use props
addxm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 270118 ft
United Kingdom

Olaf.Win Posted at 6-12 11:53
Hello,
I am having the exact same issue. After a crash, I replaced the gimbal/camera system by one from another Mavic Mini from Ebay. I also had to replace the ribbon cable that connects the mainboard, gimbal, GPS board (?) and another sensor (compass?). I ran the two commands JointCoarse and LinearHall with these python-based tools (o-gs/dji-firmware-tools).
Now, the drone flies and records normally, the gimbal is working, but one IMU gimbal error message remains, obviously without giving me any further trouble.

Hi Olaf, Could you give me a quick intro on how and where to do those same commands with the tool? I unzipped. I only have "incompatible gimbal data" from a new camera to fix. I used adb to root my phone and use ffmpeg often, and diskpart etc, so should be able to do this; with a quick push maybe please?
Message me here if you prefer. Sorry I am asking for help and can not help you.
Thanks. Addam.
edit: fixed the error message by taking camera from old gimbal and swapping them out. Still would like some info on using tool if poss.
2020-6-18
Use props
Sanyi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2495272 ft
Hungary

So guys, i have a soliton in detail.:
Olaf.Win user posted this, to use python, and some commands.

Tools to download :
1. https://www.python.org/downloads/
2. https://pypi.org/project/pyserial/#files
3. https://github.com/o-gs/dji-firmware-...

GUIDE :
1. Download all tools
2. Install python
3. extract pyserial and dji tools to C:/DJI/
4. Open "command promp" as administrator
5. Install pyserial using pyton script

python setup.py install

6. Turn ON Mavic Mini
7. Gimbal Calibration

python comm_og_service_tool.py comX WM160 GimbalCalib JointCoarse

python comm_og_service_tool.py comX SPARK GimbalCalib LinearHall

( edit comX with your DJI spark com detected on device manager and you can use the MMINI instead of WM160 )

8. Turn off the drone

original posts: https://bit.ly/2QstPw9 and

This helped me. And yes, the warning message is staying, but you can use the drone. Originally it was for the Spark, but with this method you can use with the Mini and the Mavic 2 series (code: WM240)
2020-7-5
Use props
Mdeblasi1991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 9183 ft
United States

Sanyi Posted at 7-5 08:50
So guys, i have a soliton in detail.:
Olaf.Win user posted this, to use python, and some commands.

Could you update this guide? I'm kinda confused still.
2020-8-5
Use props
architfly123
lvl.2
India

HI,

I am also facing same problem. This is very irritating. I have changed the gimabal and get IMU DATA error is coming.
2020-8-19
Use props
yucel_ozyazgan
lvl.1

Turkey

gimbal board id must be introduced to the core-board by a program introduced by DJI.  
2020-11-6
Use props
Gustavo_Kttr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1553596 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

I have the same problem on the Mavic Air 2. Never had a fall or any damage, since again the warning appears. Before updates updates it disappeared when restarting, now permanently constant.

Tenho o mesmo problema no Mavic Air 2. Nunca teve queda ou qualquer dano, desde novo o aviso aparece. Antes das últimas atualizações ele sumia ao reiniciar, agora permanece constantemente.

2020-11-17
Use props
fans4de80dbc
New

Portugal

Olaf.Win Posted at 6-12 11:53
Hello,

Hello.
I had the same problem, ran the commands and everything was ok, except for those error messages.
I decided to restart the drone a second time !!
When you restart the drone, these error messages will no longer appear.

Very simple!!
2020-12-27
Use props
MiniAviator
lvl.1
United States

I gave up and luckily found a shop in NJ that stated in another forum that they have the means to fix the problem and erase error 40021.  I took a chance.  They emailed me a FEDEX label and I sent them the drone.  Within 7 days it was returned to me for a total of $99.  It works just like new.
2021-1-4
Use props
fans606a70c6
New

United States

MiniAviator Posted at 1-4 06:16
I gave up and luckily found a shop in NJ that stated in another forum that they have the means to fix the problem and erase error 40021.  I took a chance.  They emailed me a FEDEX label and I sent them the drone.  Within 7 days it was returned to me for a total of $99.  It works just like new.

I know this is a long shot, and I’m not sure how old this thread is.
But you wouldn’t happen to have the info of that shop in NJ that repaired yours?
I’m having this same issue, and have gotten fed up with trying to run the program to fix it myself.
2021-2-20
Use props
tonymobile
lvl.3
Flight distance : 831699 ft
  • >>>
Italy

fans606a70c6 Posted at 2-20 18:13
I know this is a long shot, and I’m not sure how old this thread is.
But you wouldn’t happen to have the info of that shop in NJ that repaired yours?
I’m having this same issue, and have gotten fed up with trying to run the program to fix it myself.

Guys, don't waste time, DJI has internal dictatorial rules (not surprisingly they are Chinese), you have to come to their compromises, you understand right?

He feels very powerful for the results achieved in so few years, they have engineers and programmers who leave nothing to chance, everything is studied at the table, there are thousands of people who study for months on projects and would not leave any flaws in their software! DJI makes as much money from repairs as it does from product sales, it's just always a matter of business!

The answers from the assistants (always very kind) on this forum are standard answers (like a copy and paste), you will never have a solution on a more or less invasive technical problem.

However, I can 100% confirm that when replacing electronic spare parts involving a serial number, ID etc, you will always have this problem.

At the moment there is only one exception for the Mavic Mini 1 which is the only product where you can work around the problem in an alternative way, removing all errors (4001, 40021, etc)!

I give an example:
when the serial number of the CAM / Gimbal has changed because maybe you have replaced it with a new gimbal Assy, that ID will no longer be associated with the serial number of the Flight Controller when the aircraft is activated, so believe me, you can do all possible searches, you will never find a solution, unless you are in possession of a special DJI service software that allows the reset and initialization of these parameters.
Who owns this software ??? Guess what!

So don't always ask for the same thing, there are hundreds of posts related to this type of problem, the only thing you can do when replacing the gimbal on the Mavic Min1, Mini 2, Air 2, Mavic 2 is gimbal calibration by Python interpreter described in post # 21 by Sanyi but be aware that it will not remove any codes.

Let's not be laughed at by DJI just yet.
That's enough!

Tony - DRONE LAB - Italy

2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_Oy59sT89Nf9U
lvl.1
Flight distance : 188671 ft
Saudi Arabia

Gimbal IMU data error.  Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 40021)
2021-5-19
Use props
djiuser_xpdnzv5y8AcG
lvl.1

India

I think if the original camera of the broken gimbal is in tact, just fixing that camera with a new gimbal case (the plastic and rubber housing)should resolve the issue. Any comments ?
2021-5-24
Use props
Miguel Leitao
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1977067 ft
Portugal

djiuser_xpdnzv5y8AcG Posted at 5-24 08:43
I think if the original camera of the broken gimbal is in tact, just fixing that camera with a new gimbal case (the plastic and rubber housing)should resolve the issue. Any comments ?

Yes no problem with that if the hardware is the same.
2021-5-24
Use props
fansffd0b889
New
Flight distance : 16339 ft
Canada

This is the error I am getting in my brand new Air2S

Code - 40021 Gimbal IMU Data Error. Contact DJI Support.

Kindly advise. I have updated all the needed firmware and set up the drone. I flew it a couple of times too.

Then this pops up when I tried to fly it the next day.
2021-5-26
Use props
djiuser_XJhPLO3BKoPm
New
Italy

I am new in mini 2. During my setup I am getting error"Incompatible Gimble Data"..I am not able to fly my drone..Any solution ..
2021-7-16
Use props
djiuser_xpdnzv5y8AcG
lvl.1

India

Okay !!! DJI Mini 2 Gimbal Calibration error after Drone Crash is fixed...

IMU Calibration Error (error 40011)
Incompatible IMU Data (Error : 40021)
Camera not Calibrated (Error : 100117)

Drone Crash Repair = Part 1 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFecB9I6GFg&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=9
Drone Crash Repair - Part 2 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWJVSu3PIHM&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=8
Drone Crash Error - Part 3 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5qyRwP8Upc&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=7
Drone Crash Error - Part 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YNAn8FELq0&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=5
Drone Crash Error - Part 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8-IuVaXb0o&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=4
Drone Crash Error - Part 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsxr5wk8pS8&list=UULSGiyIPnmIe8GaOaFSsPKA&index=2

These videos are little lengthy cos I experimented, trouble shot and resolved the issues ON CAMERA

Do check out the Drone Footages I have in there post repairing my Drone. It flew and recorded video just like a new one. Hoe many of you benefit from the above videos and you are able to repair your DJI Mini 2 yourself.. All the Best !!!
2021-9-14
Use props
Paulo Aielo
New

Brazil

Olá, sou do Brasil, cidde de São Paulo.
Estou com o mesmo problema no Mavic Air 2. Refiz o procedimentos várias vezes mas não voltou a funcionar.

2021-9-20
Use props
Paulo Aielo
New

Brazil

A imagem fica péssima, porém os comandos de dirigibilidade funcionam.
2021-9-20
Use props
djiuser_RF5IuM0dUv3z
New

Spain

Olaf.Win Posted at 2020-6-12 11:53
Hello,
Hi Olaf or somebody was able to configure the gimbal after a replacement ok a Mavic Mini.
I have tried to execute both commands but I get this error message:
Unrecognized response. Please find below an screenshot of the full message I' getting.
Does anyone know why this message is shown? I think I replaced accordingly the WM160 and STARK values for MMINI (on both sides).
Thanks in advance
Javier
2021-10-18
Use props
djiuser_dIXV5mFAQfc5
New

Kenya

Hello
Bn using my Dji mavic air 2s for the 5th time now lately it has bn showing Error code 40021 and 40011
Gimble doesnt respond with a black screen
Please help
Thanks in advance
Dennis

2021-12-28
Use props
Sandy Phillips
New
United States

MiniAviator Posted at 2020-6-2 12:50
So is that it?  You have to have a program to fix this problem?  So does that mean I'm dead in the water because I will have to send it in to DJI anyway after doing the gimble and flat ribbon replacement on my own?  Or does anyone have access to the above mentioned program?

I have the exact issue. Were you able to repair your drone?
2022-5-10
Use props
djiuser_dzB123m63vZq
New
Brazil

When i turn on The drone, that is the black image i get.
Even when trying to film or taking a photo.
The image on The RC is all black. Image Just dont show up. Cant see anything. Allready update firmware a d did all the calibrations.
What is going on? Why my mini 3 pro is not bringing any image? There is no obstacle, nothing in the camera lens.

Bl
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_PJRD0UGvvbgV
New

United States

djiuser_dzB123m63vZq Posted at 8-19 01:48
When i turn on The drone, that is the black image i get.
Even when trying to film or taking a photo.
The image on The RC is all black. Image Just dont show up. Cant see anything. Allready update firmware a d did all the calibrations.

Same here. I've disassembled the gimbal with the hope that a nice tight reassembly and firmware downgrade will give me a fresh view. After starting disassembly I saw some people experienced black feed from camera after latest update and that a fresh install of fly app made it go away. Maybe that's all I needed I had crashed mine pretty hard into a wall and it was a double tap to a black screen. Felt like such a moron. Hard to scratch up any help.
2022-12-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules