Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RC connection and incessant beeping
719 8 2020-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Totenkoff12
lvl.1

Canada

Hi folks,

I am beyond new to drones and also this forum so forgive me if I am making any rookie errors.

I am a Mavic Mini. First drone. The unit worked without issue over this past weekend after I had bought it and again first thing Monday morning. But when I went to use it yesterday afternoon the RC would not connect to the drone. The red box in the top left of my iphone stated that : RC device not connected to mobile device. I put the unit away for a few hours as I had work to do. When I went to try again the RC started beeping contiuously after I turned it on. The LED light on the drone itslef varies from flashing green, green to red, flashing yellow/light green etc. I cannot check firmware as the phone is not connected to the drone.

Whats going on?!

TIA for any help/advice that can be given
2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Blinking red, green and yellow alternatively indicates the drone is performing self-diagnonistic test, it may be normal after a seconds.
When the RC is out of battery, or being idle for over 5 minutes, or needs to be calibrated, the RC will beep, please troubleshoot.
The firmware of the aircraft and RC can also be checked and updated via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads
Please make sure the firmware has been up to date, then re-install the APP (ensure to backup all the data in the APP such as the fligth records and footage) to see whether the RC can connect to the mobile device. If there is no luck, any chance to have a try with another mobile phone?
2020-3-17
Use props
Totenkoff12
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-17 18:43
Blinking red, green and yellow alternatively indicates the drone is performing self-diagnonistic test, it may be normal after a seconds.
When the RC is out of battery, or being idle for over 5 minutes, or needs to be calibrated, the RC will beep, please troubleshoot.
The firmware of the aircraft and RC can also be checked and updated via DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic: https://www.dji.com/mavic-mini/downloads

Okay thanks for the advice but unfortunately for a variety of reasons nothing you suggested is working. I downloaded Assistant 2 and when I try to connect the drone to my laptop when the assistant is open, literally nothing happens with the exception of a menu to download to the files from the drone. No menu appears to select the device or anything of the sort. I also tried a different phone and the same situation. The RC and the mobile devices will not connect. I have uninstalled the app and all that. All very frustrating as I really have no clue what has happened. Could there be an issue with the hard connection wire between the units?
2020-3-18
Use props
Totenkoff12
lvl.1

Canada

Totenkoff12 Posted at 3-18 03:39
Okay thanks for the advice but unfortunately for a variety of reasons nothing you suggested is working. I downloaded Assistant 2 and when I try to connect the drone to my laptop when the assistant is open, literally nothing happens with the exception of a menu to download to the files from the drone. No menu appears to select the device or anything of the sort. I also tried a different phone and the same situation. The RC and the mobile devices will not connect. I have uninstalled the app and all that. All very frustrating as I really have no clue what has happened. Could there be an issue with the hard connection wire between the units?

So I reinstalled the Assistant 2 and updated the firmware. But no change. As soon as I power up the remote it beeps non stop and will not connect to the mobile device.
2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Totenkoff12 Posted at 3-18 03:39

Hi there, so sorry for the inconveience caused. For better analysis the issue, you are recommended to record a video to show us the problems, we'd like to help you check it.
2020-3-19
Use props
Totenkoff12
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-19 03:44
Hi there, so sorry for the inconveience caused. For better analysis the issue, you are recommended to record a video to show us the problems, we'd like to help you check it.

Okay I will do so today. The beeping has now stopped but there is still no connection between the RC and the mobile device.
2020-3-19
Use props
Clint Reinfried

United States

I have the same thing going on. Been flying mine for a few months. I also flew it this evening. Tried to fly it for a second time and no connection from RC to phone. It is dark now so I'm going to try and uninstall the app after work tomorrow, then install and see if I get connection. Never had any problems up until now. No crashes or connection issues
2020-3-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Totenkoff12 Posted at 3-19 07:11
Okay I will do so today. The beeping has now stopped but there is still no connection between the RC and the mobile device.

Any chance to have a try with another mobile phone or cable for troubleshooting?
2020-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Clint Reinfried Posted at 3-19 18:48
I have the same thing going on. Been flying mine for a few months. I also flew it this evening. Tried to fly it for a second time and no connection from RC to phone. It is dark now so I'm going to try and uninstall the app after work tomorrow, then install and see if I get connection. Never had any problems up until now. No crashes or connection issues

Sorry to know you have the same problem, please let us know if the issue persists. If yes, what is the model of your phone and could you please try with another phone or change the cable?
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules