DJI Fly - Flight Data Center data wrong
6596 24 2020-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
isuee94
lvl.2
Flight distance : 93107 ft
United States

Something seems off with the Flight Dara Center in the DJI Fly app. My total distance and time are not correct. I have single flights that are longer than the total distance show. See photo.   

I’m also noticing some strange things with Air Data. I have Hd Sync on my iPhone. I sync up the data and go to air data.com, but in some cases not all of the data is there. Example - I have a flight that was several minutes but on air data it’s only shown as 12 seconds.

BD8551F1-270B-46BC-9D69-9C59C3B902FC.png
2020-3-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Weird, hopefully someone would be able to help you out.
2020-3-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, may we confirm that do you use the IOS mobile device or Android mobile device, please?
For the IOS device, the issue will be improved in next version of the DJI FLY APP, kindly please waiting the update. Thanks.
2020-3-18
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-18 00:29
Hi there, may we confirm that do you use the IOS mobile device or Android mobile device, please?
For the IOS device, the issue will be improved in next version of the DJI FLY APP, kindly please waiting the update. Thanks.

it's visible from the screenshot that it's an iPhone (bottom white swipe-up line)
2020-3-18
Use props
isuee94
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-18 00:29

Yes, it’s an iPhone so this appears to be a known issue. Thank you for your response.
2020-3-18
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

My flights records are also not updating...
It happened before, I guess DJI Servers are getting full of data, and covid-19 is not helping.
2020-3-18
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am wondering how is he getting a thumbnail preview of every single flight ? I never recall having seen that in my Fly app, perhaps it works just when reviewing historical data while the AC is connected with RC/MD ?
2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

isuee94 Posted at 3-18 03:16
Yes, it’s an iPhone so this appears to be a known issue. Thank you for your response.

You're welcome. We appreciate your kind understanding.
2020-3-19
Use props
Aiteip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594016 ft
Poland

I still have the same problem.
I use Iphone.
2020-6-4
Use props
isuee94
lvl.2
United States

Aiteip Posted at 6-4 05:06
I still have the same problem.
I use Iphone.

Same. It still is not resolved after reversal updates. I’ve had to turn off syncing of flights and it at least shows accurate information.  Disappointing.
2020-6-4
Use props
JodyR
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36437 ft
United States

How do you change this data to imperial from metric? I dont see a setting in my "Profile" on the app...
2020-6-4
Use props
jwp721
lvl.3
Flight distance : 332822 ft
United States

JodyR Posted at 6-4 05:27
How do you change this data to imperial from metric? I dont see a setting in my "Profile" on the app...

Next time you are connected to your Mini before you take off look at some of the settings.  It’s buried in there and when found  it is easy to change. But you have to be connected first.  
2020-6-4
Use props
isuee94
lvl.2
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-19 03:48
You're welcome. We appreciate your kind understanding.

Is this issue going to be fixed?  I am still not able to sync my flight logs.  If I turn off syncing, I get correct flight log data.  If it is turned on, the data is wrong.
2020-6-22
Use props
3Recon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4175541 ft
United States

m80116 Posted at 3-18 08:01
I am wondering how is he getting a thumbnail preview of every single flight ? I never recall having seen that in my Fly app, perhaps it works just when reviewing historical data while the AC is connected with RC/MD ?

that may be a iOS thing. I just know you and I both are Samsung G 9+. Maybe some other Androiders can pipe in on this.
2020-6-22
Use props
korngold
lvl.1
Flight distance : 144587 ft
United States

Mine is off, too. I use two different phones, and this feature works fine in DJI Go 4, which I was using for the previous Mavic Air. Now, using Air 2 & the Mini, I have flights that have not sync'd up between devices.

Plus, it doesn't seem to be pulling in data on here, either.

DJI Fly shows:
39 miles/9.95h/73 flights

And DJI GO 4 (my other drones) shows:
41.2 miles/7.27h/60 flights

So, my total flight distance SHOULD be: 423,456 ft. or 80.2 mi.

And my flight time on here is 144587 ft or 27.38 mi.

2020-6-28
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

Something similar, I now have my Flight distance logged on my posts seems accurate, but my Flight Data center does not agree even after converting Meters to Feet.  (Android Galaxy S10E)
Forum - Flight distance : 19951 ft = 6.08 Km
Flight Data Center 5.01 Km Total Distance = 16437 ft
If I remember correctly the distance and Time in Flight Data Center have remained the same for a few days.

When I open Flight Data Center - at the top it shows ! 2 flight records not uploaded...........upload.
Clicked upload...... upload successful! but nothing changes?
I have uploaded three times, closed DJI Fly, and tried again unsuccessfully.
I have Auto-Sync Flight Records - ON also.
I noticed the 3 flights from the 28th are not in my album?
Any Ideas?
Thank you!
One Week of Flying!
I turned off auto sync, logged out and logged back in now the Flight Info is correct!
Now I still don't see 3 flights in album?... continued
2020-6-30
Use props
Aiteip
lvl.1
Flight distance : 594016 ft
Poland

videoeditman Posted at 6-30 12:04
Something similar, I now have my Flight distance logged on my posts seems accurate, but my Flight Data center does not agree even after converting Meters to Feet.  (Android Galaxy S10E)

I tried, but it didn't help.
2020-12-18
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

videoeditman Posted at 6-30 12:04
Something similar, I now have my Flight distance logged on my posts seems accurate, but my Flight Data center does not agree even after converting Meters to Feet.  (Android Galaxy S10E)

I have experienced the same problems that you stated videoeditman.
If you have the wi-fi connected during flight, the Flight Data Center will upload the flight data immediately. But, when you connect the mobile phone to wi-fi only after the flight, it takes some time to upload and you have to press the button 'upload' several times.
However, if you press 'upload' in the app and connect throw your browser to Airdata, this site will recognize the flight much faster than the DJI Flight Data Center.
I hope this can help!
2020-12-18
Use props
djiuser_5iPCFp8Qbsqp
New

Lithuania

Same on android
2021-2-22
Use props
w00dy67
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

Has this been resolved as I have the same issue? If auto-sync is on the number of flights is correct but the time and distance are wrong. If I turn off auto-sync the information is correct. I’m new here but I’m kinda guessing I want auto-sync on?
2021-3-4
Use props
fans111c322a
lvl.1

United States

The Fly app is absolutely infuriating.  With Go4 I had all my flight info easily syncing and showing the flight records segregated by drone, my Mavic Pro, Air and Mavic 2 Pro...got the FPV and using fly the application shows gross fight info that doesn’t even look right.  Worst still, I can’t segregate the aggregate information for JUST the FPV.  Can’t get it to display imperial.  I don’t understand this, I started doing searches and it appears it’s been like these well over a year, what gives DJI? This is pretty basic stuff.  Why even have this god awful application and be completely unresponsive to your customers input?  These things aren’t cheap and no one is asking for anything unreasonable.
2021-3-29
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
Flight distance : 785049 ft
United States

Well I appear to have the exact problem on IOS 14.6 with DJI Fly 1.4.3.  It is a bit annoying because I need to turn off sync to see an accurate representation of the totals.  
2021-6-3
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
United States

Another interesting tidbit is that my profile on this site shows 41,312 ft which is off by the same amount as the app.  My actual distance should be closer to 77,000 ft.
2021-6-3
Use props
Frank Alonso
Second Officer
United States

w00dy67 Posted at 3-4 13:35
Has this been resolved as I have the same issue? If auto-sync is on the number of flights is correct but the time and distance are wrong. If I turn off auto-sync the information is correct. I’m new here but I’m kinda guessing I want auto-sync on?

Just got the latest DJI Fly app and it is still not fixed.  
2021-6-21
Use props
djiuser_Zo6upaMHUtwq
New
Flight distance : 19390 ft
United States

I am still having the same issue.  I also use an iphone and I just started flying.  When I first open the app it seems to display correct information and then quickly reduces the totals.  You can see in the photos it drops from 17.5 miles to 3.67 miles.

edit: If I turn off auto-sync flight data, it will accurately represent the data total.
2021-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules