Stuffed Batteries
1693 6 2020-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

Hi, I have the fly more combo which came with 3 batteries.

suddenly early this year (january to be more exaclty) I was going to fly my mavic air and when I started preparing the drone I have realized that one of the batteries wasn't fit in the drone properly.
IMG_1754-1.jpg

Then I notice the battery a little stuffed and decide to not use and seach about it, even though it turn on all the 4 green lights, I don't know if it got worst by the time even didn't charging or using but the led still go green after 3 months.

afterwards, today (03/18) I was using my drone, the battery fit perfectly and I used this battery around 15 minutes in the park in this afternoon, when I finished my flight due 30% alarm to RTH and I pulled off the battery, I found it started to stuff as you can see in the picture. now I`m afraid to use even though it still show the leds but I didn't try to charge.

Now after all this problems I just have one battery left.

https://youtu.be/GLMee2T7OJM

the video is about the first battery showing how stuffed it is.

*note* the video is not listed only people with this link is able to see the video.
IMG_1753-1.jpg
IMG_1752-2.jpg
2020-3-18
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha pvzzin,

Unfortunately, those batteries are now a liability and should not be used.  My experience with bulging batteries has been with Phantoms, not good.  In my case, the bulging came from keeping the batteries fully charged so I could fly all the time.  I have since learned that your batteries should be topped off before a flight or the night before.  Store batteries with a 40-60% charge.

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry for the issue. Please don't continue using these batteries.
May I know when did you purchase the drone? If the batteries are under the warranty period, please kindly contact our support via email support@dji.com for further assistance.
And to ensure the battery maintenance, we suggest that you store it at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you. Below's the link about the intelligent battery, just for your information. Thank you for your attention.
https://store.dji.com/guides/bat ... 0flqPmAznOxLk0_LX5Q

2020-3-19
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You also need to fully discharge and then charge the batteries every 3 months regardless. It's in the DJI manuals. This calibrates the battery with its Watt hour storage %
2020-3-19
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 3-19 02:15
I am sorry for the issue. Please don't continue using these batteries.
May I know when did you purchase the drone? If the batteries are under the warranty period, please kindly contact our support via email  for further assistance.
And to ensure the battery maintenance, we suggest that you store it at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. Thank you. Below's the link about the intelligent battery, just for your information. Thank you for your attention.

Mar 23, 2018

Actually I had another issue before and you guys asked to call a U.S number which I couldn't reach.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-165389-1-1.html

I always use the batteries to 30% and automatically it return to home after that I don't recharge the battery unless I will soon.

So I think my problem isn't how I keep the batteries but maybe the hot weather in my city with makes 32 degrees Celsius = 90F or more the hole year.

The city is called Fortaleza - Brazil
2020-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

pvzzin Posted at 3-19 08:19
Mar 23, 2018

Actually I had another issue before and you guys asked to call a U.S number which I couldn't reach.

The ideal storage temperature for battery is 22 to 28°C. Sorry about this, you may dispose of the battery properly.
2020-3-20
Use props
pvzzin
lvl.2
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 3-20 02:14
The ideal storage temperature for battery is 22 to 28°C. Sorry about this, you may dispose of the battery properly.

nothing to do here so? the storage was under 28ºc.

I tested on my apartment, the battery goes between 32-38ºc In the ground. not in the air, only turning the drone on and starting the propellers.
2020-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules