Remote controlled beeping continuously
1065 8 2020-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
paolo.palmero
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19321 ft
United States

One day I switched on my DJI Spark and remote and the control started beeping (and never stopped whenever on). The remote controller's wifi is visible from the mobile and I can successfully connect with the phone. Moreover, I can see the video feed from the Spark on the mobile. I can also make the drone take off and land using the controls on the screen of the phone. I don’t get any error on screen through the app although I am not sure whether there is a specific place where I can find an error log.
I also tried to connect the remote to my laptop running Assistant 2 but it does not get recognised.

I have tried calibrating the remote controller and while I can calibrate the sticks, the calibration process stops at the gimball wheel. I can run the first task, turning the wheel left but not turning it right.

Does anyone have any idea?

DSC03238.JPG
2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you may try to long-press (about 9 seconds) the three dashes on the first page of the DJI GO 4 app after connecting to the controller and see if the firmware can be refreshed in this way.
Besides, please try to restart the controller and calibrate the controller again. If the controller keeps beeping and it can't be calibrated, you may send in the controller for diagnosis and service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-3-19
Use props
paolo.palmero
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-19 04:22
Hi there, you may try to long-press (about 9 seconds) the three dashes on the first page of the DJI GO 4 app after connecting to the controller and see if the firmware can be refreshed in this way.
Besides, please try to restart the controller and calibrate the controller again. If the controller keeps beeping and it can't be calibrated, you may send in the controller for diagnosis and service. https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav

is it going to be cheaper to throw it away? How do i find out how expensive it would be?
2020-3-19
Use props
paolo.palmero
lvl.1
United States

this site is so not helpful
2020-3-19
Use props
LouisP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41952 ft
United States

When mine did that, it was fixed by doing a stick calibration....   I see that you tried that and could not complete.. maybe there is something wrong with the gimbal wheel.. spraying some contact cleaner or alcohol in it might do something... if not, you might need to send it in to DJI for repair.

Yes... this group has slowed down a whole lot.. when Spark was a new product this forum was very active with people sharing advice. But, now that Spark is pretty much at its end of life, there are not many still here.
2020-3-19
Use props
paolo.palmero
lvl.1
United States

LouisP Posted at 3-19 10:44
When mine did that, it was fixed by doing a stick calibration....   I see that you tried that and could not complete.. maybe there is something wrong with the gimbal wheel.. spraying some contact cleaner or alcohol in it might do something... if not, you might need to send it in to DJI for repair.

Yes... this group has slowed down a whole lot.. when Spark was a new product this forum was very active with people sharing advice. But, now that Spark is pretty much at its end of life, there are not many still here.

I tried compressed air
2020-3-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

paolo.palmero Posted at 3-19 04:59
is it going to be cheaper to throw it away? How do i find out how expensive it would be?

For the repair cost, the local team would proceed with a damage assessment when they receive your controller and send you the quotation. But you can refer to the accessories price inquiry chart at https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/PriceQuery
2020-3-19
Use props
fansf7bd5d38
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2156 ft
  • >>>
United States

This happens to me when using my iPhone 11 Pro Max and the DJI app. I get the beeping as soon as I send a drone into hovering. So I said - "a drone" - this beeping is happening on the DJi app on my Spark and Mavic Air. I don't know what to do, but I plan on reaching out to tech support on Monday next week. Today is 4/25/2020.
2020-4-25
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

This :
I can also make the drone take off and land using the controls on the screen of the phone.

Sound to me, that you just see the sparks wifi.
And the remote is already (almost) dead!
2020-4-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules