Mavic 2 Smart Controller Difficulties
1605 3 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have just bought the Mavic 2 Smart Controller for my Mavic 2 Zoom. I have set it up linking etc. but when I try to set the GO4 Share my iphone scans the code, and I get the 'Join' prompt, but everytime it fails. It tells me to manually connect to the Smart Controller Wifi, but gives no clue how to do so. I also cannot find it in the user manual provided with the controller. I wonder can anyone help me with how I connect manually?
Secondly, I have watched a few YouTube videos on the controller, and in some they say I need to set up a local wifi hotspot with my phone but give very little details on how to do it with an iphone. They seem all to be using android phones. Is this local wifi hotspot for the GO4Share or needed when you are outside to fly the drone? Does anyone know how to do it for an iphone?

Lastly, I tried to use bluetooth between the controller and the phone, but again the iphone could not detect the bluetooth of the controller.  I noticed the controller did not flash blue usually associated with 'pairing'. Again in the Youtube the presenter used an android phone.

Is there any Iphone users out there that can help me. I have an Iphone X.

Many Thanks

2020-3-20
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

Hi Freshflyer,

Can 't help you with the iPhone. But on your SC in the settings, you can make a connection to a Wifi, your home wifi.
No, you don't need any wifi, nor bluetooth connection to fly your drone.
Do the needed setup at home, connecting to your home wifi. Once you got connected, do the "join".  Acually, you could set up your iphone to share it's internet as a hotspot.
I'm an Android guy, so you better google it out or maybe  someone else in the forum can help you with that. I use my WiFi at home or a portable 4G router to do the connection to WiFi, when I need it for some purpose.
When flying the drone, I don't use any connection to WiFi or bluetooth.

2020-3-20
Use props
FreshFlyer
lvl.2
United Kingdom

JohnDG Posted at 3-20 23:06
Hi Freshflyer,

Can 't help you with the iPhone. But on your SC in the settings, you can make a connection to a Wifi, your home wifi.

Thanks,
My main concern was the controller needed to slave off the mobile phone connection when out as several YouTube videos talk about this hotspot and once said it was shame  that the controller did not have a sim card port. Maybe he wanted to use the controller as a mobile phone.

I have googled my question but only these YouTubes and standard instructions comes up. Maybe someone who has an iPhone can help or anyone in DJI Support?
2020-3-21
Use props
JohnDG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1097270 ft
Malaysia

FreshFlyer Posted at 3-21 07:24
Thanks,
My main concern was the controller needed to slave off the mobile phone connection when out as several YouTube videos talk about this hotspot and once said it was shame  that the controller did not have a sim card port. Maybe he wanted to use the controller as a mobile phone.

Hi freshflyer,

some people like to 'life' stream their flight on youtube. Therefor you need an internet connection, of course. For those, it would have been an option to have a sim in then SC. But for other reasons, you don't actual need a WiFi connection,

They can make use of the shared connection on their smartphone or make use of a MiFi (Mobile WiFi access point).

I rather have no connection when flying. Don't like updates just before getting the drone in the air. I always check the day before a flight at home if the DJI Go4 or the drone and controller need update.
2020-3-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules