No "Record" Icon to push to record, so can't record!
2298 10 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bobmc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1946 ft
United States

I have a Phantom 3 Standard.  Flown successfully 25+ flights.

Went to fly and my Device Controller screen NOW does not give me to ability to record.  On either of the 2 controllers I use. I have a clear view of what the camera sees and can rotate camera up & down from my devices, but cannot start the recording.

On my Samsung Galaxy 8: The "record" buttons are in background, but shadowed in background and not operable to select.  You can push the shadowed buttons all day but nothing happens.

On my Apple iPad Mini 2: I get a full picture of the Camera View like above and can control camera rotating, BUT there is NO ICON showing for recording, or still pictures.  Nothing!

I was on phone with your Customer Service for 2 hours and at the end of that time I am not sure they ever understood the problem.  I sent numerous screen shots to the Customer Svc Rep to illustrate.  But they had no idea what to do.  Suggested I reinstall the DJI Go To App, which I did on Samsung.  No Change.

Problem #2: I cannot reinstall the App on my iPad Mini as I cannot backup my flight data to the Cloud.  It runs the full course of Backing up, and then says “failed”  at end every time.  The Customer Service Rep had no idea why, and no suggestions to fix.
So i cannot reinstall App on iPad mini or i lose all my flight data.

The Drone flies fine.  But I can’t record.  VERY FRUSTRATED!
Any ideas?  
i'm willing to take it to a tech to repair if needed, but no one seems to know a qualify tech.  I'm in Atlanta
Thanks in adavnce for any help

Samsung S8 Screen view

Samsung S8 Screen view

iPad Mini 2 Screen view

iPad Mini 2 Screen view
2020-3-20
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you tried using a new or different SD Card. Sometimes a bad SD card can give the system the impression that there is nothing installed to save pictures or video to.
2020-3-20
Use props
Bobmc
lvl.1
United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 3-20 12:47
Have you tried using a new or different SD Card. Sometimes a bad SD card can give the system the impression that there is nothing installed to save pictures or video to.

Yes i have.  tried Numerous cards.  No difference.

Have reformatted them via computer.  Not sure how to do that when installed in Drone camera, but i presume same effect via computer
2020-3-20
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bobmc Posted at 3-20 15:53
Yes i have.  tried Numerous cards.  No difference.

Have reformatted them via computer.  Not sure how to do that when installed in Drone camera, but i presume same effect via computer

The next step would be revert the firmware back to the original and see if that fixes the issue.
2020-3-20
Use props
Bobmc
lvl.1
United States

OK thanks.  How do i do that?  DJI has taken down all but last 2 Firmwares for that model
2020-3-20
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1454078 ft
  • >>>
Australia

long shot but have you checked to see if the remote control options (Camera Settings Dial, Playback Button or Shutter Button) work?
2020-3-21
Use props
Bobmc
lvl.1
United States

excuse my ignorance, but when you say Remote control settings, you mean the DJI remote Controller, or my tablet/phone?
2020-3-22
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry Bobmc. Yep on the remote control unit itself. Also wondering if Litchi would show the icons.
2020-3-22
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 3-20 18:15
The next step would be revert the firmware back to the original and see if that fixes the issue.

When you format the card in your computer is it being formatted with the exFAT file system and not NTFS?
2020-3-22
Use props
Bobmc
lvl.1
United States

fansb, thanks yes they are all reformated with exFAT.  Thank you

SkyWambat, frankly i have been too cheap to p[ay the $24 app for for Litchi to find out in case it is something else wrong.
2020-3-23
Use props
sky wombat
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Bobmc Posted at 3-23 09:27
fansb, thanks yes they are all reformated with exFAT.  Thank you

SkyWambat, frankly i have been too cheap to p[ay the $24 app for for Litchi to find out in case it is something else wrong.

yep and on a long shot Litchi might work. Still not a bad programme to have in the bag so to speak.
Surprised others haven't chipped in yet but am sure you'll get a response 'soon'.
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules