Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Spark battery won't charge.
3896 14 3-21 09:17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Serv27
lvl.1
United States

The battery for my DJI spark will not charge. When I press the buttons there are no lights. If I attach the battery to the Spark and charge via USB after pressing the button I get 6 flashes from the first light followed by 4 flashes from lights one and two respectively but still no power and no flashes after the Spark is removed from the charger.

3-21 09:17
Use props
lashmett75aol.com
New

United States

I have 2 batteries doing the same thing..

Anyone with knowledge on how to remidy the issues would be greatly appreciated.
3-21 17:51
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for the issue, the battery may need to be replaced. When did you purchase the drone/battery? If it is under the warranty period, you may contact our support for further assistance. You can contact us at http://www.dji.com/support       
3-22 19:00
Use props
Serv27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-22 19:00
Sorry for the issue, the battery may need to be replaced. When did you purchase the drone/battery? If it is under the warranty period, you may contact our support for further assistance. You can contact us at http://www.dji.com/support

THE BATTERIES ARE ALMOST 2 YEARS OLD BUT WERE NEVER USED IN FLIGHT AND ONLY TURNED THE UNIT ON ONCE.
3-23 12:57
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Serv27 Posted at 3-23 12:57
THE BATTERIES ARE ALMOST 2 YEARS OLD BUT WERE NEVER USED IN FLIGHT AND ONLY TURNED THE UNIT ON ONCE.

I am very sorry about the case. Could you please provide the serial number of the batteries for a further check? At the same time, please try to keep the battery charging for about 2 hours.
Besides, to maintain battery health, we suggest storing the battery at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. We have battery care guides here for your reference, too.
https://store.dji.com/guides/bat ... 0flqPmAznOxLk0_LX5Q
3-24 19:03
Use props
NRRTRAINS 85
Second Officer

United States

here is the SPARK BATTERY DISPLAY . i hope it helps you .
3-25 16:12
Use props
Serv27
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 3-24 19:03
I am very sorry about the case. Could you please provide the serial number of the batteries for a further check? At the same time, please try to keep the battery charging for about 2 hours.
Besides, to maintain battery health, we suggest storing the battery at 40~65% power if you are going to have a long time not using it. Totally discharge and charge the battery at least once every 3 months. We have battery care guides here for your reference, too.
https://store.dji.com/guides/bat ... 0flqPmAznOxLk0_LX5Q

0C0AE78B3202FJ & 0C0AECPB3301X6
F1BB743E-2FBE-4A1A-A44E-6E47136C8F4E.jpeg
4-1 12:09
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Serv27 Posted at 4-1 12:09
0C0AE78B3202FJ & 0C0AECPB3301X6

Thank you for getting back, the batteries are beyond the warranty period indeed, you may replace the batteries. Sorry again for the situation. To maintain battery health, please kindly refer to my reply on 6#.
4-2 00:35
Use props
djiuser_GQywkXonliaT
New

Australia

I have the same problem. All of a sudden neither of my two batteries will charge via USB. When I plug it in, nothing happens, no lights.. Have tried with different cables and have tried leaving it overnight, but still nothing happens? It can't be the battery cause it's both of them having the same issue?
6-26 17:45
Use props
Av8or1ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4478 ft

I am having the same issue with 2 batteries. This is absolutely unacceptable. I created a ticket with support and got the same run around of telling me to buy a new battery due to their faulty design and hardware. I plan on selling my drone as soon as I can and never buying anything DJI again. What a waste of everyone's time.

Here is the link to my video: https://youtu.be/kiSdAC9wyHs
7-28 09:33
Use props
Av8or1ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 4478 ft

DJI doesn't care about their customers. Attached is my support thread asking for remediation and being told that they won't help.

7-31 12:35
Use props
Blushift1
lvl.1
United States

I don't know if this will help anyone, but here is my experience today with 5 batteries that have been dormant for 10 months.  I have a DJI three battery charging hub.  I went to charge the first three, of my five, and only the first battery started showing signs of charging.  The other two had no lights when connected to the charger.  When i pressed their buttons, one light would flash for a short while, but still not able to charge.  I then placed one of these batteries into the Spark and turned on the Spark with the normal double press.  The Spark started up and I let it cycle through for a normal startup.  I then turned off the Spark with the normal double button press and removed the battery.  It now is charging, as normal, in the battery charging hub.  The others that seemed dead are charging as well.
8-13 10:57
Use props
TheThing
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same exact issue. It's unfortunate since I've only used my $500 drone one time for a short flight and have only just gotten to a location where I have adequate room to play with it. Not willing to pay 10-20% of the cost of the drone just for a new battery. It's a nice looking paperweight at least. It goes without saying I will never be buying from DJI again.
8-26 16:16
Use props
Shadowblues
lvl.1

Germany

Same issue here. I opened the battery and checked the internal power of the 3 single cells. They were low, but acceptable. So I charged and decharged them a few times. The cells are working fine and they have nearly the same capacity. But the battery does not work. If I put it in the drone and attach it to the charger, I have two different light signals: Battery 1: left two leds flashing 4 times, then break, then repeat. Battery 2: left three leds flashing 3 times, then break, then repeat.

What I really do not understand is, that DJI is not giving out the meaning of those led codes.

I already bought two new batteries but as long as DJI is behaving that way, this was my last drone from DJI. No chance to get any more money from me.

What I will do next is to print an adapter which fits to the internal contacts of the battery and let an external charger rebalance the batteries.
8-26 22:20
Use props
Wolferl
Captain
Flight distance : 22615 ft
Germany

Av8or1ab Posted at 7-28 09:33
I am having the same issue with 2 batteries. This is absolutely unacceptable. I created a ticket with support and got the same run around of telling me to buy a new battery due to their faulty design and hardware. I plan on selling my drone as soon as I can and never buying anything DJI again. What a waste of everyone's time.

Here is the link to my video:

Hi Av8orlab,

Having seen your YT video, it could be the power supply you used. It needs to supply at least 2 amps (better 3 amps) to be accepted. Your PS seems to be right at the border, it shuts down as soon as the full current is needed.
Can you try another power supply?

Cheers,
Wolferl
8-27 05:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules