Ronin-S and Sony A7R4 Focus Pulling
2619 4 2020-3-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bjdthomas
New

United States

Has anyone had any luck getting the focus pulling to work with the Sony A7R4? The official release notes for Firmware 2.0.0.90 from DJI state: "Added video recording, autofocus, and focus pull support for Sony A7R4 cameras with supported E-mount lenses using a Multi-Camera Control Cable (MCC-C). To use autofocus on the A7R4, press halfway down on the camera control button of the gimbal". I have seen videos online where using the Sony A7R3, under "USB Connection" there used to be a mode called "PC Remote" that needed to be selected... which has been removed on the A7R4. Currently if I connect the MCC-C to the A7R4 and Ronin, the "USB Mode - Connecting..." window pops up on the back screen, and then changes to "Check the connected device.". I have also tried all 3 available options for the USB Connection type in the camera settings with similar results(Auto, Mass Storage, and MTP). For reference my Ronin-S Firmware version is 2.2.1.10, App Version is 1.2.8(131), and camera firmware is 1.10. Thank you in advance for any help!
2020-3-21
Use props
bjdthomas
New

United States

So I have solved my own issue... however not as a result of it being clearly documented anywhere. IF anyone else happens to run into the same problem, here is my solution... Previously, from what I can tell at least, on the Sony A7R3 you needed to navigate to the menu "Setup4", and change the "USB Connection" type to "PC Remote". This menu has been moved to a different location on the Sony A7R4. If you navigate to the menu "Network1", and select "PC Remote Function",  then turn "On", everything seems to work as described in the documentation from DJI.
2020-3-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi bjdthomas, sorry for the late response, glad to know the issue has been figured out by yourself and thanks for sharing, have a good time with Ronin-S. If there is any other problem, please feel free to let us know.
2020-3-22
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

oh my gosh you are a lifesaver I was about ready to throw my Sony a7r for out the window. I had done updates and everything. You da man, it girl whatever you go by.thanks
2020-4-6
Use props
Cayton828
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2358383 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well I thought that I had fixed it but obviously I was wrong. Any other suggestions you might have on how to get it to work. Any other settings that I would need to change
2020-4-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules