Wireless Active tracking / without a phone mounted
1471 3 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobri002
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Hi, guys,

In order to use the Active track feature on my Ronin-S, I have to mount a phone upon my camera. This method has a few disadvantages.  First, the setup weights more and is more inconvenient for use. Except that it adds additional load to the gimbal. But the main issue that I have is that the field of view of my phone is different from the field of view of my camera and then Active track does not work as excepted.

So I was wondering if there is a workaround for this issue.

Personally I use Sony A7III. Sony provides an app called PlayMemories which connects wirelessly to the camera and catches the image that is currently shown on the camera's screen. So is there an option to integrate DJI App with PlayMemories? For example, maybe there is a hack to redirect the output of PlayMemories screen capture to the phone's camera - this way there is no need to modify DJI app at all. Or maybe there is a way to modify DJI app so it connects to my Sony camera and  livestream the footage to the phone without the need of PlayMemories.

The best thing of this all is that you can have the phone in your pocket and Active track still working perfectly. Even if there is a need of a cable between the camera camera and the phone, the option to have your phone separated from the gimbal is something that I really need.

What do you think, guys? Do you consider that such a feature is something that you would like to have and use?
2020-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Dobri002, thanks for your feedback and suggestion, we will transfer it to our engineers for attention.
2020-3-24
Use props
Dobri002
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Thanks! It would be superb if your engineers and developers could implement this functionality.
2020-3-28
Use props
i.Mad
New

France

I am  looking for the same thing.
I think it could be done easely If your camera is considered as phone s camera.
But this is not possible if your phone is not rooted !
2020-12-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules