Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
DJI Fly 1.0.8 on app store?
123Next >
14751 100 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nine_locks
lvl.1
Canada

I got an update for DJI Fly @ version 1.0.8. Anyone else get this and does it affect the mini at all?

No new firmware when I connected the mini to the app and controler.
2020-3-23
Use props
nine_locks
lvl.1
Canada

2020-3-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Description of upgrade:

What's new
- Optimizes warning prompts for when the aircraft is flying in strong winds.
- Fixes crashes issues and improves app stability.

Those who are brave take the test and tell us.
2020-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Usually a good sign FW is coming, fingers crossed .
2020-3-23
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am still seeing versos 1.0.6 on the US Apple app store.
2020-3-23
Use props
nine_locks
lvl.1
Canada

BobWinNV Posted at 3-23 12:36
I am still seeing versos 1.0.6 on the US Apple app store.

Hang tight, I am located in Canada. I'm sure servers are refreshing soon.
2020-3-23
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

now the question is who  is brave enough to test it out

so no new functionality yet it appears?
2020-3-23
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Seems like an Android-only release, maybe fixing bugs in the Android version.
2020-3-23
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Ice_2k Posted at 3-23 13:08
Seems like an Android-only release, maybe fixing bugs in the Android version.

Link somewhere...?
2020-3-23
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

I saw the update and my software was updated. I have a Motorola Z3 (Android). I however have not flown as 1) it is too windy, and 2) am in Class D airspace with no Laanc available. After this crisis is over and weather subsides, i'll fly. But for not, it is a no go on my end. Can't wait to hear from any other brave souls!
2020-3-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Wow, timing!

My App crashed  for the first time today!    I will wait a day or five to hear how you guys fare!

DOH!!!   Just checked the App on phone.. It updated itself!  I wonder if that caused the crash?
2020-3-23
Use props
deathsquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nothing on app store. You mean Play Store I am guessing...
2020-3-23
Use props
Guorium
lvl.4
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Like other comments. This is probably just fixing the android version.
2020-3-23
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
lvl.4
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Jollyroger Hobbies Posted at 3-23 13:17
I saw the update and my software was updated. I have a Motorola Z3 (Android). I however have not flown as 1) it is too windy, and 2) am in Class D airspace with no Laanc available. After this crisis is over and weather subsides, i'll fly. But for not, it is a no go on my end. Can't wait to hear from any other brave souls!

Did you update batteries as well?
2020-3-23
Use props
Corger
lvl.4
United States

Tell us more.

Did DJI add a dark background to make status info (battery, GPS) legible?
2020-3-23
Use props
Niknik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

Corger Posted at 3-23 16:25
Tell us more.

Did DJI add a dark background to make status info (battery, GPS) legible?

A new app has not only what it says new but it has more that will appear for the new big firmware with much more goodies. So that means we count days for it
2020-3-23
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Italy, S9+, Android 10, still no joy.
2020-3-23
Use props
Akirasho
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

is constant update of # satellites on screen new?
2020-3-23
Use props
Jollyroger Hobbies
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17392 ft
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-23 15:01
Did you update batteries as well?

my batteries were updated a month or so ago but did not know there was new battery firmware as of now
2020-3-23
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

My MM#1 uses a Samsung phone and that did not auto update. I just updated it manually. Works ok in my living room;-) I haven't looked for much else yet.

MM#2 uses a Samsung tab that is not approved and will not update, of course. It will stay at 6 until I can find the apk for it
2020-3-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

can you put here a valid link for this update ?
2020-3-23
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?
- Fixes crashing issues and improves app stability.

2020-3-23
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
First Officer
Flight distance : 3440476 ft
Spain

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-23 23:43
Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you.
What’s New

Thanks we ll wait
2020-3-23
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

As a precaution I turned off the automatic update ...
2020-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Appreciate your patience and support.
2020-3-24
Use props
fans15d4fe1d
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

Nebuchadnezzar Posted at 3-23 23:06
can you put here a valid link for this update ?

this post has been deleted
2020-3-24
Use props
djiuser_SrZhV9cW22Jb
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1348537 ft
  • >>>
Turkey

https://apkpure.com/dji-fly/dji.go.v5
Mavic Mini v1.0.8 apk
Screenshot_20200324-132225_Chrome.jpg
2020-3-24
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

Hi all, DJI FLY V1.0.8 (iOS and Android version) for Mavic Mini has been released in stages, please wait patiently if it is still not availble for you at the moment.

What's New?

Hi Mindy!

Any word on FW releases? it has been since December of last year since we had a FW update to the mini.
2020-3-24
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

What's New?

First post, been reading this forum for over 2 months unwilling to participate in the attacks from users who will remain unnamed (you all know who you are), don't wonder why more people dont post on this forum with such rudeness and ignorance abound.
I am nothing short of appaled at the lack of customer service by DJI, notably the same posts over and over, be patient, thanks for your support, ask other DJI pilots, this issue has been escalated, etc...
The people who do post seem to always get attacked which is not incentive for others to join in a discussion, but after 2 months of watching this disaster of a forum I can't go on without posting this.

DJI is nothing short of negligent with their lack of acknowledgement to the glaring mavic mini issues (falling out of the sky, etc...) as there are more posts about that than anything.
Now finally when a supposed upgrade is available, it is put out in stages? What stages are those, the people closest to water, the ones living in high altitude zones, it surely isnt by Country as the alleged update is not available neither on Apple App Store nor Google Play store (in Canada) for my devices which both show 1.0.6.
AT THE VERY LEAST, DJI should have this up on their own website immediately! How many more drones have to be lost? I know how many customers are being lost, this will be my last purchase (which I regret from the start) by DJI who I have no idea why has so many fanboys of a clearly defective product.
I for one have been reluctant to fly my drone since the start, especially after seeing all the minis falling out of the sky and into the water.
It is also a bit of false advertising by DJI saying dont fly this drone near water, YET in the advertising it shows the drone almost at wave level supposedly doing some sort of photography/video of SURFERS IN THE OCEAN  using the same drone, but when a user flies over water, the answer is OH NO dont go near water?!
Absurdity has reached a whole new level in this forum
2020-3-24
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

Cannot even make a new thread, amazing!

MacGyver007 Posted at 3-24 19:30
First post, been reading this forum for over 2 months unwilling to participate in the attacks from users who will remain unnamed (you all know who you are), don't wonder why more people dont post on this forum with such rudeness and ignorance abound.
I am nothing short of appaled at the lack of customer service by DJI, notably the same posts over and over, be patient, thanks for your support, ask other DJI pilots, this issue has been escalated, etc...
The people who do post seem to always get attacked which is not incentive for others to join in a discussion, but after 2 months of watching this disaster of a forum I can't go on without posting this.

Now I see why people are not writing more, because new users are not allowed to create new threads, how convenient of a way to sweep the dust under the rug so to speak and this also stops customers from voicing problems with DJI products
I have another concern as to why when I log out of the forum, I am still showing online? I did not register to have my online status broadcast on the internet, this is a violation of privacy.
To ice the cake, the forum software doesn't even work properly, I have my name changed from DJIuser42634236262 to Macgyver, yet when I try to use this name it is already taken?!
Using Firefox one cannot even choose an avatar to move forward, does anything DJI do work properly?
2020-3-24
Use props
MacGyver007
lvl.1
Colombia

First post, been reading this forum for over 2 months unwilling to participate in the attacks from users who will remain unnamed (you all know who you are), don't wonder why more people dont post on this forum with such rudeness and ignorance abound.
The people who do post seem to always get attacked which is not incentive for others to join in a discussion, but after 2 months of watching this disaster of a forum I can't go on without posting this.

This is blatant false advertising, fly as you are.....really???? Thats not what the manual advises but the advertising shows its fine, and then this:

Incredibly negligent fraudulent advertising here, did they cut the video when the updraft blew the mini into the ocean from the cliff wind current?
2020-3-24
Use props
deelay
lvl.2
Flight distance : 97979 ft
Germany

DJI is nothing short of negligent with their lack of acknowledgement to the glaring mavic mini issues (falling out of the sky, etc...) as there are more posts about that than anything.
Now finally when a supposed upgrade is available, it is put out in stages?

I dont' see anyone claiming here that this update solves the "glaring mavic mini issues". Just normal App maintenance work from what I see in the changelog. So for me no problem in rolling this out in stages (which is perfectly normal for App/software development)
2020-3-24
Use props
werdschowern
lvl.2
Flight distance : 20427 ft
Germany

I think that all apps in Google Play Store are released clockwise. This is a google provision to prevent that all mobile phones with the app are updating simultaneous and overload the Google servers. Microsoft does the same by Windows updates.
2020-3-24
Use props
TDZHDTV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I hope the new app will be combined with a significant FW update to resolve software based issues discussed (still a significant hardware issue of props hitting AC body).  Has the white data fields in the app been addressed in the fly app?
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

In the listed changes dji does not talk about variations to the app screen.
I only hope that the stability of the drone has improved, after losing the first drone I am not at all calm and I fear for the second.
2020-3-25
Use props
Satstream
lvl.4
Flight distance : 392024 ft
Germany

BobWinNV Posted at 3-23 12:36
I am still seeing versos 1.0.6 on the US Apple app store.

In Germany too!
2020-3-25
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Renato61 Posted at 3-25 00:47
In the listed changes dji does not talk about variations to the app screen.
I only hope that the stability of the drone has improved, after losing the first drone I am not at all calm and I fear for the second.

How shall a mobile app effect the stability of the drone?
This is handle by hardware-firmware, which hopefully comes after the app-update...
2020-3-25
Use props
sbonev
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

well it appears they are testing first with some users before releasing it publicly, it is already 25th and the update supposedly rolled out on 23rd, how are you staging it DJI - via regular post or what?! you could at least bother to put it on your own site....
2020-3-25
Use props
Renato61
lvl.4
Italy

UweE Posted at 3-25 01:20
How shall a mobile app effect the stability of the drone?
This is handle by hardware-firmware, which hopefully comes after the app-update...

I don't know, this is the description in Google Play.
2020-3-25
Use props
Ice_2k
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Renato61 Posted at 3-25 01:30
I don't know, this is the description in Google Play.

No, it doesn't. It says it addresses crashes, it's talking about app crashes, not drone crashes.
2020-3-25
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules