How to use Osmo Action as a second webcam for Zoom Video Conference?
36495 18 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azcatx73
New

United States

I have a MacBook Air and a Windows PC laptops. Due to the COVID19, I have to begin using Zoom Softward for work purpose. Because of my work requirement, a dock camera is needed besides the build-in camera that my laptop has. Is there a possibility to use Osmo Action camera as a second camera during a Zoom video conference? I do not need the audio input because my laptop already has a built-in mic for the audio input purpose. Thank you y'all.
2020-3-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. The Osmo Action unable to be used as a second webcam for Zoom Video Conference at present, we'll forward your request to the related team to consider it. Thanks.
2020-3-23
Use props
djiuser_rzHGi9JAG4HM
New

United Kingdom

THIS and OSMO MOBILE 3 PLEASE
2020-3-26
Use props
Imlooloo
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-23 22:26
Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. The Osmo Action unable to be used as a second webcam for Zoom Video Conference at present, we'll forward your request to the related team to consider it. Thanks.

Mavic Air support would be appreciated.
2020-4-21
Use props
Hetz Ben-Hamo
lvl.2
Israel

Imlooloo Posted at 4-21 08:07
Mavic Air support would be appreciated.

Yes, it is possible

But - you'll need some Linux knowledge for that and also - it's a bit complex procedure, but it works, here is a proof:

Here are the main points:
  • You'll need a linux machine (VM with 1-2 cores and 4GB RAM should be enough) with Docker or Podman installed. You can also do it directly on windows, see the URL below for instructions.
  • Install nginx-rtmp from the following URL. it should be simple with 1 single command: https://hub.docker.com/r/tiangolo/nginx-rtmp/
  • Install on your Windows OBS Studio and install OBS VirtualCAM (Download and install it from here: https://obsproject.com/forum/resources/obs-virtualcam.539/ )
  • On the OBS screen, add the media that you want to be played back (it's optional)
  • Launch DJI Mimo, connect to the DJI OSMO (you'll need the 1.0.8 firmware at least), and select live stream
  • Select RTMP, type the address as: rtmp//your-ip/live (example: rtmp://192.168.0.10/live), don't forget to select 720P and 4Mbit and start the stream. If everything works, then you should hear the camera beeps and your screen on the phone should show that it's streaming.  You can exit (by clicking "home" button) the app on the phone
  • Go to the OBS, and in the Sources click the "+" key, click "Media Source", give it a name and press OK.
  • unclick the "Local file" and in the "Input" line you should type the RTMP line just like before: rtmp://192.168.0.10/live for example, and then press OK
  • If everything worked, you should see your video from the camera: watch out - there is some lag!
  • Click again on "Sources", click "Video capture Device", give it a name, press OK, select your webcam and set everything you want, then press OK

Arrange the OBS screen as you want to. There are tons of tutorials about it on the Internet.

Now comes the important part: on the OBS, click on Tools and select VirtualCam, then select "Target Camera" "OBS-Camera" (don't select the others unless you installed 4 of them when installing the plugin), and click "start". Close the window with the X on the upper right (don't click Stop)

Open your video calling app (Zoom, WebEx, whatever) and go to the video settings of that app. Switch the cam on the app to "OBS-Camera" and you should see the OBS output.

Congratulations ;)

Notes:
  • It doesn't work on Skype (at least on Windows). Why? donno...
  • You might see the output mirrored. In the OBS, click on Tools, VirtualCam, and click "Horizontal Flip".

Good luck ;)

Up left - my cat, down right - me ;)

Up left - my cat, down right - me ;)
2020-4-21
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

Hetz Ben-Hamo Posted at 4-21 10:44
Yes, it is possible

But - you'll need some Linux knowledge for that and also - it's a bit complex procedure, but it works, here is a proof:

sorry just realized you were talking about windows, my apologies.
2020-5-15
Use props
The French
New
France

That's a nice solution ! I found a way to reduce the lag to less than 1 second.

The lag is introduced by the OBS client, there is almost no lag on rtmp.

So, instead of adding a RTMP media source to OBS (last 4 steps), here is what you can do:
  • Download ffmpeg (we will need ffplay that is inside) and install/unzip it
  • On Windows, once unzipped, you will then need to go into the folder, then into /bin
  • in a terminal/command-line prompt, write: ffplay -fflags nobuffer rtmp://127.0.0.1/live -loglevel verbose
  • a window will open and you will see your RTMP stream with the lowest possible latency
  • Now, in OBS, add a regular "Window capture" source and select the ffplay window

I would also point out that if you want to make the whole procedure easier on windows, you can directly download "NGINX 1.7.12.1 Lizard" which has already nginx-rtmp inside (this way you can skip the second step of the Hetz Ben-Hamo's solution).
2020-6-17
Use props
djiuser_PPw1huLoXdZr
lvl.1

United States

Any updates on this yet?
2020-6-28
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sorry to let you know that we have not got any information about it at present. If there is any update in the future, we'll let you know. Thanks for your attention.
2020-6-29
Use props
faida158
New
Flight distance : 92146 ft
Italy

Hetz Ben-Hamo Posted at 4-21 10:44
Yes, it is possible

Hello! I'm trying to stream from my Osmo Action, but it seems I can't.
I'm on Windows, do I need to install Nginx RTMP as well? Would you please explain what to do, please?
Another thing: when you say to set IP address in DJI Mimo app, is it the PC ip?
Thank you

Update: i was able to make it work!!!
2020-11-5
Use props
Paul1608
New

Belgium

would be so helpful for Teams-conferences to show and sell products...
2020-11-9
Use props
Morganiseit
New
Australia

I'd really like that too - often people want to be involved in live events, not just see a recording. Just adding my vote for a future feature
2020-11-10
Use props
haggaitzouk
New
Israel

When OSMO-3 will be supported with zoom meeting ?
2020-11-16
Use props
Oleg_cam
New

Russia

Hello! Please make drivers to use Osmo Action as webcam on PC!
2020-11-21
Use props
djiuser_D3pUyDxtNsWM
New

United States

Hi DJI Natali,
I have proposal for you,
while I am using Zoom or MS Teams, I propose to using "share screen" menu,
Need your help to have an option to hide all menu Icon if am sharing screen "DJI camera" application Eg (see red highlight):
1. Hide battery level indicator both both Smartphone and Gimbal.
2. Hide DJI Camera setting menu
3. Hide smart phone Camera Setting menu

I only  use "share screen" from zoom or ms teams menu only in DJI camera menu application, hope screen clear from everything. I though this is very simple. thanks to help.

2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_D3pUyDxtNsWM Posted at 11-22 20:19
Hi DJI Natali,
I have proposal for you,
while I am using Zoom or MS Teams, I propose to using "share screen" menu,

Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward it to the related team.
2020-11-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Oleg_cam Posted at 11-21 12:23
Hello! Please make drivers to use Osmo Action as webcam on PC!

Your suggestion will be forwarded to the related team, thanks.
2020-11-22
Use props
djiuser_D3pUyDxtNsWM
New

United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-22 23:30
Thank you for your suggestion, I will forward it to the related team.

Hi DJI Natalia,
i will have virtual tour on this Wed, 25 Nov 2020, thanks for your support, it will "compatible" to all smartphone. thanks.
2020-11-22
Use props
munchster
lvl.1
Romania

Hi everyone, just got my DJI Osmo Action and I do have to say that even if it's a quite awesome action cam it should have the basic functionality of it being used as a webcam.

DJI Natalia, you guys can add another +1 from me to this feature request. Thanks!
2021-4-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules