Cannot read the SD card
8389 8 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dapopper
lvl.1

Canada

I cannot read the SD card.  When SD card is inserted into computer’s card reader, it is not readable.  When drone is connected via USB-C to my computer, it shows the SD card, but shows empty folders.  When connected via the app and remote control to the drone, the SD card cannot be detected.

Can anyone provide suggestions on how to read the video files?

2020-3-24
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

please format your SD card , insert properly
2020-3-24
Use props
dapopper
lvl.1

Canada

I know I can reformat the disk.. I am hoping I can recover the files.  
2020-3-24
Use props
dapopper
lvl.1

Canada

dapopper Posted at 3-24 06:11
I know I can reformat the disk.. I am hoping I can recover the files.

Here are more details

I’ve been using the DJI Mavic Air for a while successfully.  On approximately February 23, I took a few videos and a photo.  I connected a USB-C cable to the drone and a Mac and I was able to upload the files to the Mac.

Then I took the drone to Hawaii and took several videos.  I was able to see these videos via the “DJI GO 4.0” app on the iPhone (which was connected to the Remote Control, which was communicating with the drone).  Using the app, I tried to upload the videos from the drone to the iPhone, but it gave an error, stating that it can only upload JPEG or H.264.  I got this error regardless if I recorded in .MOV or .MP4 format.

After I got home from Hawaii, on March 12, I took the Sandisk 64GB SD card out of the drone and put it into a Satechi adapter (which has a SD card reader).  This Satechi adapter is connected to a Mac.  I got a similar error to the one posted here:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-166080-1-1.html  (“The disk you inserted was not readable by this computer.”).  I clicked on “Eject”.  (Note:  I did not update the firmware.  I did not format the card.)

I put the SD card into a Sandisk adapter (I bought another Sandisk SD card, 256GB, which came with this adapter).   put the Sandisk adapter into the Satechi adapter, but I still got the same error.  I clicked on “Eject”.

I connected a USB-C cable to the drone (which has the SD inserted) and to the Mac.  It detected the external device (drone) as “NO NAME” and showed the following, but no video files.  Most of the folders are empty

I then attached my iPhone to the remote control and connected to the drone (with SD card inserted).  When I try to view the videos on the app, it said “No SD Card Inserted".  I don’t know why it cannot detect the SD card.

Any ideas or suggestions on how to read or recover the files?
2020-3-24
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

dapopper Posted at 3-24 06:17
Here are more details

I’ve been using the DJI Mavic Air for a while successfully.  On approximately February 23, I took a few videos and a photo.  I connected a USB-C cable to the drone and a Mac and I was able to upload the files to the Mac.

I would try Recuva. I have used them before and they offer a money back guarantee if your files can't be recovered. Start there and give that a try.
2020-3-24
Use props
Samuel100
New

Slovakia

I'm having the same exact problem. I was able to read the SD card the very first time but now my computer only recognizes that a reader has been plugged in but says "no disk is inserted." I am unable to reformat on a computer & but have formatted through the P3S app. Also I have tried 4 computers total 2 PC & 2 Mac with no luck. I have also tried 2 different cards. I am able to connect the P3S to my computer for the transfer. Are you able to download the high res videos and pictures to your phone?
2020-4-22
Use props
dapopper
lvl.1

Canada

Samuel100 Posted at 4-22 04:31
I'm having the same exact problem. I was able to read the SD card the very first time but now my computer only recognizes that a reader has been plugged in but says "no disk is inserted." I am unable to reformat on a computer & but have formatted through the P3S app. Also I have tried 4 computers total 2 PC & 2 Mac with no luck. I have also tried 2 different cards. I am able to connect the P3S to my computer for the transfer. Are you able to download the high res videos and pictures to your phone?

I ended up reformatting. Did not recover files.
2020-4-22
Use props
Nash
lvl.1
Malaysia

I was in the same situation. Was able to get the card readable again by going to command line (command prompt) and running "chkdsk /F G:". Replace "G:" with whatever drive your card is in. Hope this helps somebody, YMMV.
2021-1-20
Use props
djiuser_CxVp1icslRp1
lvl.1

Australia

Leave the Micro SD card in your drone and plug in the USB cable from the drone to your computer.
2023-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules