Inspire 2 / Zenmuse X7 – Gimbal won't pan/tilt, no gimbal control
2265 5 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SPECTRUMWAVE
lvl.1
Germany

Hi everyone!
My Inspire 2 won't let me control the gimbal pan and tilt anymore. Everything worked fine and suddenly the ability to control the cameras movement got lost.

I've tried so many things, such as downgrading the firmware to several versions of the Inspire and the two cendence remotes, that i have...
I've also re-installed the latest firmware a few times and have reset different settings in the menu. I've restored the aircraft to its default via DJI Assistant 2 ... and it still doesn't work.

When starting automatic gimbal calibration, it starts the calibration program and gets stuck at 20 % – every time! The camera is then tilting up to the max. I have to restart the aircraft such as the DJI GO 4 App then, to be able to exit the stuck gimbal calibration program.

By the way, everything else works! Camera settings and focus can be controlled, only the gimbal contol doesn't work – even via the touchscreen gimbal control function, it won't move!

The gimbal motors seem to work fine also because the gimbal aligns itself to its standart position like it should (gimbal dance).

I am running on firmware version v01.01.0050 (cendence remote) and V01.02.0200 (aircraft) right now // not on the latest one due to some downgrade-testing... But like i said, latest versions are not helping out here...

[size=14.666666984558105px]SETUP: Inspire 2 with Zenmuse X7, 2 x Cendence Remote, 2 x CrystalSky Monitor // ProRes and Cinema DNG activated
[size=14.666666984558105px]

If someone has an idea – please let me know. I go nuts with that problem, the Inspire is unusable with that.

Will even pay a reward for the solution! THANK YOU!

THIS IS SO ANNOYING! – DJI, WHATS GOING ON HERE?

2020-3-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi SPECTRUMWAVE, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, may we verify you are referring to the Slave RC or you only connect one RC?
If it is Slave RC that cannot control the gimbal, please make sure you have requested Gimbal Control from the Master RC.
If you are referring to the Master RC, please try to reset the RC to see if it helps:
After powering on the RC, keep pressing C1+C2+Shutter Button, at the same time, power off the RC. Then power on again.
2020-3-29
Use props
SPECTRUMWAVE
lvl.1
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-29 23:15
Hi SPECTRUMWAVE, sorry for the troubles with the gimbal, may we verify you are referring to the Slave RC or you only connect one RC?
If it is Slave RC that cannot control the gimbal, please make sure you have requested Gimbal Control from the Master RC.
If you are referring to the Master RC, please try to reset the RC to see if it helps:

Hi DJI Mindy,

thanks for your reply. The problem persists regardless of which controller has gimbal control. It persists in single operator mode as well as in dual operator mode. The gimbal just won't move.

Anyway, i've sent the inspire 2 with the zenmuse x7 to the DJI REPAIR DEPT now... i hope they can figure out, what the problem is.
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

SPECTRUMWAVE Posted at 3-30 02:33
Hi DJI Mindy,

thanks for your reply. The problem persists regardless of which controller has gimbal control. It persists in single operator mode as well as in dual operator mode. The gimbal just won't move.

The repair center will surely help figure it out, if you need any further assistance, please feel free to let us know.
2020-3-31
Use props
fans1ddfa363
lvl.2

Brazil

Hi, I have the exact same issue, did you ever found a solution for this?
2021-7-27
Use props
SPECTRUMWAVE
lvl.1
Germany

fans1ddfa363 Posted at 7-27 10:45
Hi, I have the exact same issue, did you ever found a solution for this?

Hi, unfortunately not ... guess you will have to send it to the dpi repair dept as well, they fixed it and sent it back to me, don't ask me how

I've told them, that its unacceptable to have a problem like this after a bit longer than a year so they repaired it for free.

Just email them, someone will then take care of your case.

All best for you!
2021-7-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules