987 8 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_X1Wjc5LgEjlJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 358583 ft
Italy

Hello,

today after charging my 2 batteries by 100 % I would flight with my Dji Mavic Pro 2.
But allready by the start my Smart Controller has told me that there was a battery error - the battery would not conected correctly with the drone...and there would be only anouth battery for the return flight?!

Then I have chanced the battery with the second one, which has worked without problems!

Can anyone help me please?

Kind rigards
Alex

2020-3-24
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have tried discharging the suspected bad battery fully and then charging it back up? If the second battery worked fine then your bird is ok but maybe have a faulty battery.
2020-3-24
Use props
Djiapenn
lvl.1
Italy

HurleyBird Productions Posted at 3-24 09:42
Have tried discharging the suspected bad battery fully and then charging it back up? If the second battery worked fine then your bird is ok but maybe have a faulty battery.

Thank you for your fast answer.
Okay I will try to discharge the faulty battery. Have you a tangible proposal how I can do that as fast as possible?
2020-3-24
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Djiapenn Posted at 3-24 11:32
Thank you for your fast answer.
Okay I will try to discharge the faulty battery. Have you a tangible proposal how I can do that as fast as possible?

You can start the drone in your backyard and let it idle on the ground till the battery runs dead.
2020-3-24
Use props
Marty Markoe
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Two things to try:
1. Battery error can be caused by not being seated in place properly.
2. Consider cleaning the battery contacts.
2020-3-25
Use props
Djiapenn
lvl.1
Italy

Thank you for your help.
But nothing has been worked!

The error hasn't be cancelt by all your approaches...

I have carched this battery only 20 - 25 times...in addtition the battery is less than one year olt!
Is there any possibility to get the garanty from DJI???
2020-3-29
Use props
Djiapenn
lvl.1
Italy

Djiapenn Posted at 3-29 04:33
Thank you for your help.
But nothing has been worked!

In addition one thing is shure: It has somithing to do with the new update for the drone...because the new update is checking the connection with the battery...

And there is now the problem! But the battery delivers enough energy to the drone without problems...
2020-3-29
Use props
Jimmy hoffa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1824291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Discharging the battery really isnt good for lipo batterys dji had u do that back in p3 days because of the introduction of the smart boards inside p3 batterys...basically it would calibrate the board so voltage and percentage were more in line because of deviation over time....i also do not see how this would help the op in any way....he has the typical battery error. Op if u tap on battery in app look at voltages...u probably have one or two cells that are deviating to much. When this happens u will get an error which is a good thing because if this happened in flight and say u were around 18% pretty low on battery life and the 4 cells looked as such ; "3.58     3.58    3.57    3.40 ....well u can bet cell number 4 is going to bring u crashing down. So you have 2 things probably going on u either have a bad connection/dirty contacts so u do not have a good connection....(pretty rare imo)....problem 2 and most likely is cell deviation. Check app/batt volts and let us know what u find.
2020-3-29
Use props
Djiapenn
lvl.1
Italy

Jimmy hoffa Posted at 3-29 22:52
Discharging the battery really isnt good for lipo batterys dji had u do that back in p3 days because of the introduction of the smart boards inside p3 batterys...basically it would calibrate the board so voltage and percentage were more in line because of deviation over time....i also do not see how this would help the op in any way....he has the typical battery error. Op if u tap on battery in app look at voltages...u probably have one or two cells that are deviating to much. When this happens u will get an error which is a good thing because if this happened in flight and say u were around 18% pretty low on battery life and the 4 cells looked as such ; "3.58     3.58    3.57    3.40 ....well u can bet cell number 4 is going to bring u crashing down. So you have 2 things probably going on u either have a bad connection/dirty contacts so u do not have a good connection....(pretty rare imo)....problem 2 and most likely is cell deviation. Check app/batt volts and let us know what u find.

In the app I can't find the voltage of the four cells. I can't see anything...no voltage no temperature of the battery...(see image)

I cecked also the contacts. They are clean. In addition they are in the same conditions like the contacts of the healty battery.

So what can I do? Is the battery over? Is there any replacement by DJI?
2020-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules