1937 8 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RaFFiKi_3DD_BR
lvl.3
Flight distance : 358917 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Please excuse my English, natively my language is Spanish and Portuguese, I am using the google translator. I hope they are understanding.

Hello, I have some questions regarding the batteries of my Phantom 3 that I could not answer with the user manual of smart batteries and I hope some moderator can help me.

I understand that the batteries originally have a maximum capacity of 4480 mAh, but in the battery information in my DJI GO application it indicates that the maximum capacity is 4154 mAh with 52 cycles, without error message and slightly unbalanced cells, varying between 4.20 V at 4.25V, delivering a voltage of 17.0V with the aircraft parked at 30 ° temperature.

Screenshot_1.png

So I would like you to clarify the following questions in a hurry, since I do not know any other way to obtain this information that does not appear in the official manuals.

1.- Why does the maximum capacity decrease and how can I recover it?
2.- Until its maximum capacity is its use considered safe?
3.- Why are the cells unbalanced and how to balance them?
4.- What is the safe imbalance range?
5.- What is the minimum safe voltage in flight?
6.- Is the popular battery re-cycling process official? If so, what is the procedure indicated by DJI?
7.- What should I expect after doing this process?

I reiterate my apologies if it is an exacerbation of doubts but I reiterate that I do not find another instance to answer them except this or face-to-face communication with some DJI technician which in itself is difficult and even more considering the current situation of the planet in relation to the Coronavirus .

Please ignore the image related to the IMU, I must be very blind because I do not find the option to remove it by editing the post. If any mod can remove it or someone tell me how to remove it, I will be grateful.

091317lqam1191mjhajzx6.png
2020-3-24
Use props
FixerBoy_BR_CL
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

For a change, the forum is not a contribution to users.
2020-3-27
Use props
AlansDronePics
Second Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Want to know the facts about your battery?
The battery is a bag of chemicals and their combined interaction is not so precisely predictable as a simple rotating mechanism.

LiPo research. Extracts from https://mpoweruk.com/lithium_failures.htm#lifetime

Cells deteriorate over time, even if properly used or not used at all.

A stored battery under ideal conditions self-discharges at about 5% of residual charge. It is quite possible for a long storage (3-6 months) to take the voltage low enough that the control circuitry in the battery shuts of attempts to recharge.

Every charge / discharge cycle shortens the battery life. If under lab conditions a number of cycles is indicated, there is nothing that can be done by a user to increase it. The battery is considered at end of life if it can only produce 80% of its 'as new' capacity, when fully charged.

All balanced, multi-cell batteries develop weaker cells during their life. Sudden battery failure, often temporary, occurs w
2020-3-28
Use props
FixerBoy_BR_CL
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

AlansDronePics Posted at 3-28 23:50
Want to know the facts about your battery?
The battery is a bag of chemicals and their combined interaction is not so precisely predictable as a simple rotating mechanism.

Hi AlansDronePics, thanks for replying.
I appreciate your intention and I will consider your information, which is the same one that I obtained making my own searches.
It happens that, to put you in context, I am a legal reseller of DJI products imported into my country through legal channels.
One of the items that I have refused to sell for years are batteries, because as you mention, disuse causes havoc in chemistry.
DJI has very detailed YOUR WARRANTY, but it does not respond well in situations in which the batteries sold are considered new but their manufacture corresponds, for example to 2017, in the sale the storage time of the battery before its sale is completely ignored.
This causes that a good part of the "new" batteries present problems with little or no use, generating stress in each sale because sometimes the batteries return to warranty up to 3 times in a row.
So, given the lack of documentation in this regard, the least I can show in my "defense" or in order to improve my interaction with the client-user, is to have OFFICIAL FIRST SOURCE information.
I consider an answer from some of the DJI-Moderators of the forum as FIRST SOURCE at least referential, because I do not know but as a client I do not accept that they show me a reference of a web X without source, but an official response from the manufacturer's forum I It would give more security against the warranty procedure and would take responsibility from the seller.

I reiterate my thanks for your contribution, and I hope some mod can confirm what you say and take a few minutes to answer my questions.
2020-3-29
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

Can any Mod contribute to this request?
2020-4-9
Use props
juliabeyers
lvl.1

Ukraine

Dorset_Horn Posted at 4-9 01:29
Can any Mod contribute to this request?

I think you need check this thread https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=830131 it's russian forum, but there more infomation
2020-4-11
Use props
Dorset_Horn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93379 ft
United Kingdom

I hope google translator is up to translating from Russian to Portuguese!
2020-4-16
Use props
ArrepiA
New

Brazil

Hello, how are you? Image calibration failed. Did you manage to solve this problem? Mine is like this. I do not know what else to do. I'm from Brazil, using Google Translate. Perhaps something is not translated correctly for you. Thanks
2020-4-20
Use props
FixerBoy_BR_CL
lvl.3
  • >>>
Brazil

2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules