Action Cam Firmware update
1103 3 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

I tried to update my Osmo Action Cam but it fails consistently at 50% download.  I am using an iPhone 7 with the latest version of Mimo (V1.2.17(60552)) which connects to the action cam (firmware version .01.03.00.10 (6460)) I get the yellow background message stating a new firmware version is available and when I select this the next screen on my iPhone 7 shows the new version number (V01.07.00.20      36.5 MB) stating "Install Firmware"   not "Download and install" so I click the Blue Bar "Install" and the process starts but reaches no farther than 50%.  I have tried this nearly 10 times and it always stops at 50%!  After 20 or 30 seconds  a message flashes on the iPhone screen  "Upgrade Failed."
I then downloaded the zip file of the upgrade from the DJI site, unpacked it and copied it to the root directory of an SD card (which was formatted in the Action Cam and had several video files on it and plenty of space (more than 90 GB of the 119 GB capacity).  This was inserted into the Action Cam which was then switched on but no update occurred and no message about updating appeared.  The camera continued to function normally otherwise.  I repeated the process with an older SD card, also used earlier in the Action Cam, with more than 11 GB free space, and this also failed to upgrade/update the firmware.
Can anyone offer any help?  I also am puzzled by the the fact that the iPhone 7 has to connect to the Action Cam, which it does successfully but then has to download the new firmware from the internet to which it is no longer connected (as far as I know it can only be connected to one device ata time but maybe this is not true or the app cleverly switches back to the internet to download before installing).  Anyway all my attempts to update my Action Cam have so far failed and I would like to find out why and resolve the problem.
2020-3-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Chris, the new firmware v01.08.00.10 was just released. Please try to download this version from our official website, unpack the zip file and move the bin file to the root category of the SD card to update. Please ensure that the battery has enough power before the update.  
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2020-3-25
Use props
Chris36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4941 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 3-25 03:19
Hi Chris, the new firmware v01.08.00.10 was just released. Please try to download this version from our official website, unpack the zip file and move the bin file to the root category of the SD card to update. Please ensure that the battery has enough power before the update.  
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.

Thank you, Thor, for your prompt response.  About 30 minutes after I submitted my query, I switched my Action Cam on again and to my surprise (and delight!)  the update started and completed successfully.  Is it possible there is a significant delay when switching on and the camera recognising the presence of an update binary file?  I recall from earlier that updating usually commences immediately after switch on so perhaps I did not wait long enough if this is not so.  I'm fairly sure, though, that the camera was on for several 10's of seconds if not a minute or more without the update starting.  In any case, that does not explain why the update persistently failed using the App with the iPhone 7.
This morning when I was checking the Action Cam with the App again, I noted yet another update was indicated so I clicked to select and indeed the update first downloaded then installed without any problem!  I am puzzled as to why I had the earlier problems as I did repeat the process both carefully and many times without success and I am convinced I did not make any mistakes in doing so!  Since all seems to be working OK now I guess I have to write the mystery off as "just one of those computer related oddities" and consider the matter closed  now.  
Thank you again and kind regards,
Chris.
2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Chris36 Posted at 3-25 07:11
Thank you, Thor, for your prompt response.  About 30 minutes after I submitted my query, I switched my Action Cam on again and to my surprise (and delight!)  the update started and completed successfully.  Is it possible there is a significant delay when switching on and the camera recognising the presence of an update binary file?  I recall from earlier that updating usually commences immediately after switch on so perhaps I did not wait long enough if this is not so.  I'm fairly sure, though, that the camera was on for several 10's of seconds if not a minute or more without the update starting.  In any case, that does not explain why the update persistently failed using the App with the iPhone 7.
This morning when I was checking the Action Cam with the App again, I noted yet another update was indicated so I clicked to select and indeed the update first downloaded then installed without any problem!  I am puzzled as to why I had the earlier problems as I did repeat the process both carefully and many times without success and I am convinced I did not make any mistakes in doing so!  Since all seems to be working OK now I guess I have to write the mystery off as "just one of those computer related oddities" and consider the matter closed  now.  
Thank you again and kind regards,

The reason for the failure update on DJI Mimo app may need to be confirmed. Good to hear that the issue has now been resolved. Please keep us updated if the issue reappears next time, the update log is needed for checking the reason.
Enjoy shooting, and take care.
2020-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules