Compass Errors Phantom 4
974 2 2020-3-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd34ff8cb
lvl.1
United States

Hi Everyone, I’m having compass error which I never had before. I have the Phantom 4. While in flight it looses compass and I’m flying in an open field and it starts flying all over. Then it says magnets or something near which there aren’t any. I reset the compass and IMU and it still does the same thing.  Is there a way to fix this I haven’t flown in a couple weeks which there was never an issue and now this. Does anyone know how to fix this error so I can fly without almost crashing.
2020-3-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, the compass error prompt means that the aircraft is far away from its direction. This issue happens when the aircraft is flying in a place where the magnetic interference is strong, the compass may not work normally; When the aircraft status indicators blink yellow and red alternatively, there is an error with the compass.
You are recommended to update the firmware for the drone to the latest, choose open area where there is no magnetic interference, calibrate the IMU and the compass, then try the flight again. If the issue still persists, please kindly contact our support at the link below to open a case and send the drone in for a diagnosis.
http://www.dji.com/support
Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know. Thanks.
2020-3-24
Use props
fansd34ff8cb
lvl.1
United States

Hi Natalia,
I was up all night reading ways to fix this. There is no magnetic field or anything near where I’m flying as I’m flying in the field behind my house as I’ve always done. I did reset the compass with no fix. Then it got late so I came in I later reset the IMU then the compass again and the gimbal. I took it out today and there are no issues as of my first flight. I’m not sure really what happened but it seems to be fixed so far. I didn’t have a full battery for the test but plan to try again later in the day once charged. Thanks again!
2020-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules