New Osmo Action Firmware Released (25/03/2020)
1234Next >
44849 126 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

kan_i2003yahoo.com Posted at 3-26 07:18
The same thing when I use it for YouTube. Someone said you have to have 1k subscribers to be able to live stream? Facebook works fine.

you only need 1K or higher to stream if you are on a Mobile hotspot,  you  can stream with  1 subscriber on a Home router.  Check livestream guidelines at youtube, DJI does not tell you this as they are not 100% doing things correctly here.
2020-3-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI team: all day I been working on  the Youtube.  My Conclusion is:

it's Incomplete. the program For livestream is Unstable.  did anyone at DJI confirm the  testing to pass it along, or did it slip through the hands and was not to be released?????  Anyone else besides me feel that way. Livestream
2020-3-26
Use props
Danveal
Second Officer
  • >>>
Italy

Hi,

I also tried live streaming.

On youtube it generates the preview but the live streaming does not work. On facebook it works but I was unable to find a way to transmit on a page that I manage instead of on my personal profile.

2020-3-26
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Danveal Posted at 3-26 12:14
Hi,

I also tried live streaming.

On  facebook i was able to share to my groups .  simply hit share.
2020-3-26
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On Android phone works, but doesn't on iOS.
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

deleted the video
2020-3-27
Use props
JohnnyNoNo57
New
United States

Not sure where to even look for my live stream on Youtube... can't seem to find anything even though both the phone and the camera say that live streaming is in progress. Facebook is a total bust... just keeps telling me there is a login error and to try again later. I have no issue anywhere else with Facebook... mobile or mac
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

deleted the video
2020-3-27
Use props
JohnnyNoNo57
New
United States

JohnnyNoNo57 Posted at 3-27 04:59
Not sure where to even look for my live stream on Youtube... can't seem to find anything even though both the phone and the camera say that live streaming is in progress. Facebook is a total bust... just keeps telling me there is a login error and to try again later. I have no issue anywhere else with Facebook... mobile or mac

Restarted everything... this time It wouldn't even find the camera lol... then when it did it disconnected numerous times. The software/camera connections have been hit or miss trash from the day I bought it... so I am not surprised at all... everything about it's entire operation has been sketchy... maybe I just got a lemon who knows. For the amount of times I actually use it it's not even worth having to be honest.
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

deleted the video
2020-3-27
Use props
matrix_z71
lvl.1

Canada

Batloaf Posted at 3-25 03:27
Just noticed my DJI MIMO app version is 1.2.17  not 1.2.20, but there's no update available from Google play Store.

search for the new app online, it will take you to the update at google play store...i just did this and updated the app, now the live streaming option is available...
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

deleted the video
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Al-right the FUn and games begin:

if you're not watching you will not know the stream  is running and I am totally disconnectd from the App   so what gives.

2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696

taken  photo screen shots that may help you out getting to stream  for youtube ,  If followed you will be streaming.
2020-3-27
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this.
2020-3-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

2020-3-28
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fishycomics Posted at 3-28 09:52
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3FIMeIxGj0

I can get it to connect to my home WiFi, but can’t get it to connect to my Mobil WiFi. Kind of stupid if that’s the only way to stream live.

It’s an action cam, meaning no one will stream from home. They are going to want to stream when they are out and about. Really dumb @DJI
2020-3-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 3-28 10:33
I can get it to connect to my home WiFi, but can’t get it to connect to my Mobil WiFi. Kind of stupid if that’s the only way to stream live.

It’s an action cam, meaning no one will stream from home. They are going to want to stream when they are out and about. Really dumb @DJI

You may Hotspot stream.   turn off wireless wifi on the smartphone the hotspot picks up when enabled at your end
2020-3-28
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Hmmm...interesting! It doesn’t pick up. It ask for SSID and password. Error every time ...
2020-3-28
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 3-28 12:14
Hmmm...interesting! It doesn’t pick up. It ask for SSID and password. Error every time ...

a lot of Missing information, something you do not want to go into  the Big Boss and say I failed.    Maybe some one from DJI Team can  show us, I turn BLUE  before that happens
2020-3-28
Use props
KIngklas
New
Flight distance : 36325 ft
Germany

Hi on my Huawei Mate 20 Pro i got every time a error when i connect to my Wifi. No Streaming is possible
2020-3-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

At what step did it failed there is a guide I made kind says you failed at where?
2020-3-29
Use props
digitaly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft

United Kingdom

Fastpackcronicle Posted at 3-25 03:27
Updated, but can't stream. Wirless not connected error.

Same problem here
2020-3-29
Use props
OscarCK
lvl.1
Finland

Streaming to Youtube seems to work fine, the 720p is a bummer, installed the firmware by downloading the file to the SD card.
2020-3-29
Use props
digitaly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5128 ft

United Kingdom

I found that it won't connect to wifi with virgo in it this is my ssid , Talk Less, Work more
I have tryed to report the bug but everytime I upload evidence it says network error. How do you report a bug of the bug report site  ?
2020-3-29
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

digitaly Posted at 3-29 08:43
I found that it won't connect to wifi with virgo in it this is my ssid , Talk Less, Work more
I have tryed to report the bug but everytime I upload evidence it says network error. How do you report a bug of the bug report site  ?  [view_image]
Make sure its correctly entered the password as well your SSID. if it is2.4ghz or 5G.  you may check in with the    for example Lyksys login router.  see if its all named right.

Step 13
Enter in your SSID,  and Password, example SSID 1234,   pasw12345

2020-3-29
Use props
KIngklas
New
Germany

Same Problem Like digitaly
Screenshot_20200329_211049.jpg
2020-3-29
Use props
KIngklas
New
Germany

Same Problem Like digitaly
Screenshot_20200329_211049.jpg
2020-3-29
Use props
Toedles
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7676339 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Mizzu Posted at 3-26 06:34
Well, now I just have to wait 6 more months until the next Firmware Update (if there will be any at all), maybe you finally adress the problems with RockSteady in manual video settings then...
Nothing has changed, the footage is still jittery and not usable.
I don't get it, really. And I'm simply disappointed that this got messed up and still not fixed.

Agreed, very arrogant company DJI
2020-3-29
Use props
DJGM
lvl.1
Flight distance : 341129 ft
United States

Will the 3.5 audio adaptor function while streaming?  This is so crucial right now. Also, please make a firmware update that includes : osmo pocket-  wireless connection, also stream capability with 3.5 audio capability.  That would be extremely rad.  
2020-3-30
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2020-3-30
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJGM Posted at 3-30 07:10
Will the 3.5 audio adaptor function while streaming?  This is so crucial right now. Also, please make a firmware update that includes : osmo pocket-  wireless connection, also stream capability with 3.5 audio capability.  That would be extremely rad.

Yes.  CYNOVA works if watched you see that I mute my clips that way.
2020-3-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Sauliuslag Posted at 3-30 08:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36U7rx5YIaQ

thanks for sharing.
2020-3-31
Use props
BIGDZ
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

From what I gathered And tested, you have to use a second device to tether and use as a hot spot. You can't use your phones wifi data connection. I don't know why. I think this is stupid for DJI to do. Not to mention  it's streaming 720p. Come on DJI, why give an update when it doesn't even work correctly.
2020-3-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I rather not sound like that broken record and will simply say thanks for the hotspot live stream works.    IOS may differ.
2020-3-31
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

As we now must be careful after this Update when Livestreaming to reset back out 4K  resolution while this just cost me a 4K moment.
2020-3-31
Use props
Mizzu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

stephjant Posted at 3-30 07:37
One aspect of the new firmware is supposed to optimise stabilisation while moving fast and recording. Of course this is a vague description of the actual change that has been made. However I’ve just been on my mountain bike over rough terrain with my Osmo Action mounted and frankly RockSteady is still not good enough - and still not as good as it was when the Osmo Action  first came out last year. What’s the old saying – if it ain’t broken don’t fix it?  I don’t know why but every time DJI releases a firmware update RockSteady gets worse and worse. Talk about shooting your camera’s USP in the foot!!!!

Jep. I agree. I'm really starting to think to give up the Osmo Action and move to GoPro, eventhough I really dislike the GoPros unstable, sh*tty Software. But at least their features work as intended.
2020-3-31
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

JohnnyNoNo57 Posted at 3-27 05:28
Restarted everything... this time It wouldn't even find the camera lol... then when it did it disconnected numerous times. The software/camera connections have been hit or miss trash from the day I bought it... so I am not surprised at all... everything about it's entire operation has been sketchy... maybe I just got a lemon who knows. For the amount of times I actually use it it's not even worth having to be honest.

100% with you here. I've always had connection issues with it and hadn't used it for ages, but saw the update was out so thought I'd give it a try. Took numerous times to get an update to the Action itself, having to switch between a direct connection and my home wi-fi.

I can only connect Mimo directly to the camera wi-fi, which then negates any kind of internet connection for live streaming, as mentioned elsewhere. Wasted an hour on it this morning and gave up. Back in the cupboard the Action goes. Maybe it is time for a GoPro.
2020-4-1
Use props
Midlife Draftee
lvl.1
United States

Here are my results on an Android Phone:
  • I get an authentication error when trying to connect to Facebook.
  • Got Youtube to start a livestream but the camera never connected.
  • Tried RTMP URL for Youtube and it worked. using this URL format:  RTMPaddress/streamkey
  • RTMP didn't work on Facebook though.

Also, saw someone above mention they have a Mimo version higher than 1.2.20? Looks like we are in limbo on livestream
2020-4-3
Use props
Jurgiebaby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52106 ft

United Kingdom

Hi guys I have just installed the new Firmware and when I go to Live-stream to Facebook the error I receive is "There is an error logging you into this application, please try again later"  so doe's anyone have an answer to that? I am on a Samsung Android phone (Note 9)  and i have enabled teh Hotspot for data sharing as I was going to try this on a short cycle ride, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Error.jpg
2020-4-6
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules