New Osmo Action Firmware Released (25/03/2020)
1234Next >
44810 126 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jurgiebaby
lvl.1
Flight distance : 52106 ft

United Kingdom

Hi guys I have just installed the new Firmware and when I go to Live-stream to Facebook the error I receive is "There is an error logging you into this application, please try again later"  so doe's anyone have an answer to that? I am on a Samsung Android phone (Note 9)  and i have enabled teh Hotspot for data sharing as I was going to try this on a short cycle ride, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance
Error.jpg
2020-4-6
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

if not reading the threads or posts made then the answer is restart all.
2020-4-6
Use props
ShankZ
lvl.1
Germany

Guys,

I now have read a lot about the Livestream features. But the most interesting part is the Rocksteady performance. Can anyone tell me if Rocksteady now is fixed and I can update my Action or should I still avoid updating my cam?

Thanks in advance!
2020-4-7
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Only you can  make that decision, update  at your own risk. good luck.
2020-4-9
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

3 days ago a 1,2,4 was it mimo app released, no mention of the bugs-n-issues fixed.
2020-4-10
Use props
tomarild
lvl.1

Norway

Same problem here! Can´t connect to mobile hotspot. Jiiizes!
2020-4-10
Use props
whatever...
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
Spain

WHEN YOU GOING TO ADD:Automatic
2020-4-16
Use props
whatever...
lvl.2
Flight distance : 180994 ft
Spain

When is DJI going to add automatic shutter adjustment to the time-lapse modes, instead of ramping up the ISO when the light changes!?!? So friggin useless without it!
2020-4-16
Use props
Escudodelobo
New

Costa Rica

Batloaf Posted at 3-25 03:18
Update completed successfully.  Can't find Livestream feature though!

Yo actualicé con éxito, pero tampoco encuentro la opción streaming
2020-4-18
Use props
osmofan123
New
Italy

sorry guys but I have an absurd problem!
I bought the osmo action 2 days ago, I did the firmware update and everything is ok.
Then yesterday I realized that the hyperlaps is missing ... check and I see that the firmware version is right, but in truth all the functions are missing, it's as if it had done a downgrade ...
Now the cam thinks it has the latest firmware, the app too and I can't reinstall it ...
I tried with other smartphones and I also tried via SD, nothing to do ...!
Help!
2020-4-20
Use props
CemAygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

osmofan123 Posted at 4-20 10:58
I bought the osmo action 2 days ago, I did the firmware update and everything is ok.
Then yesterday I realized that the hyperlaps is missing ... check and I see that the firmware version is right, but in truth all the functions are missing, it's as if it had done a downgrade ...

Unfortunately this sometimes happens. You need to reflash the firmware, but there is no public tool for doing that. The DJI moderators here generally contact the people that need a re-flash via private message and help them through.

I don't know what they actually send, as I have never done that personally...
2020-4-20
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Updated mine by SD card. Thanks!
2020-4-21
Use props
JKJenn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42280 ft
  • >>>
United States

A few things that worked and didn't work for me:

1. I had to uninstall my FB app in order to get the stream to work.
2.  Your mobile hotspot SSID cannot have spaces in the name
3. I am able to stream from one of my YouTube accounts but not the other. The account I can stream from has 136 subscribers. The account I cannot stream from has 62 subscribers (feel free to subscribe to YouTube.com/jenngroverphotography to boost my numbers.)

Has anyone been able to stream to a Facebook page (versus personal account)?
2020-4-21
Use props
natelarson57gmail.com
New

United States

I currently am on firmware 1.05. My priority is rocksteady stabilization. I don’t care about the screen lag. It seems that this was the high point for rocksteady and then it’s started getting worse once they started trying to fix the screen lag with additional firmware updates. Did the 1.08 update get the stabilization back to what it was with 1.05? I will happily keep my older firmware just curious how rocksteady is with 1.08 compared to 1.05/earlier versions. Thanks
2020-4-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

IMHO:

If Fw 1.05 works for  you stick with it.  DJI is into improving, if so the  Consumer here has told  over again and again what needs to be  taken care of, they  simply want all the bugs and issues gone, and a feature and function sent out in a timely manner.

Maybe they can  work on one item at a time, Will they?
2020-4-25
Use props
fansdf1e5353
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Sauliuslag Posted at 3-25 09:25
I can't to connect for streaming. Got message wifi disconected.  iPhone XS

Me too, same phone. Any luck?
2020-4-27
Use props
TBarron
lvl.1

United Kingdom

This is so frustrating. I can connect to my hotspot after eventually working out I had to change the name of my hotspot on my phone, but when I try to livestream I just keep getting the error telling me that the settings cannot be saved. If anyone solves this I would really appreciate it :-(
2020-4-27
Use props
Sauliuslag
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansdf1e5353 Posted at 4-27 06:37
Me too, same phone. Any luck?

forget until next update. DJI ignoring all users.
2020-4-28
Use props
egorghetto
lvl.1

Brazil

Hey guys!

I went to update my Osmo Action via the app on the smartphone and in the middle of the update the phone crashed and turned off, causing the installation to stop in the middle. After that, osmo does not work correctly, every time I turn on it, he show a black screen with the following message: "unauthorized device with no serial number" and restarts on its own, doing this in an eternal loop. I believe I have had a problem with the firmware, but I can't access osmo menu or do any action to do make anything, I have also tried to re-install the firmware via SD card but it does not recognize it before the error message.

video of problem: https://youtu.be/CUamNkguMZs
2020-4-30
Use props
Skynet5
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20253 ft
United Kingdom

TBarron Posted at 4-27 07:41
This is so frustrating. I can connect to my hotspot after eventually working out I had to change the name of my hotspot on my phone, but when I try to livestream I just keep getting the error telling me that the settings cannot be saved. If anyone solves this I would really appreciate it :-(

I have the same error. Facebook works though.

I wonder, doesn't YouTube stop mobile streaming unless you have 1000 subscribers?
2020-5-3
Use props
djiuser_6QxGR5lAjIwV
New

Japan

Mizzu Posted at 3-31 21:59
Jep. I agree. I'm really starting to think to give up the Osmo Action and move to GoPro, eventhough I really dislike the GoPros unstable, sh*tty Software. But at least their features work as intended.

I have a Mavic Air, Osmo Pocket and Osmo Action, but am considering ditching the Action for a Go Pro as the new Rocksteady is horrendous.

When walking (normally) my footage now looks like I am on a boat. It just rocks from side to side and on a full screen on my computer it made me feel sick. I am also in the same boat as you...I'm  thinking of just secretly getting a Go Pro without telling the wife. I can't use any footage at all.
2020-5-5
Use props
djiuser_wQ2s291N0o5i
lvl.4
Thailand

I like Osmo Action. But I can’t understand why there is no way to take pictures while holding the button with the frame rate per second I need. While my finger presses the button, serial shooting does not stop. Please add this feature and Osmo Action
2020-5-7
Use props
Pugilares
lvl.2

Poland

osmofan123 Posted at 4-20 10:58

Same here. Did you find the solution yet please?
2020-5-13
Use props
Pugilares
lvl.2

Poland

kan_i2003yahoo.com Posted at 3-26 07:18
The same thing when I use it for YouTube. Someone said you have to have 1k subscribers to be able to live stream? Facebook works fine.

Ok, problem solved here :-)
Settings -> Quick Switch -> Hyperlapse
2020-5-14
Use props
Reis1199
New
Flight distance : 141542 ft
United States

UPdate a new firmware, the last not function!! DJI... PLEASE!!
2020-5-20
Use props
BobWinNV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I guess that display mode will come in handy if I ever want to put the OM3 up for sale at a yard sale.
2020-5-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Dual recording  with an ambrella chip is POSSIBLE  but DJI stops us.
2020-5-22
Use props
Logos
New
Canada

I updated to the latest firmware and also latest mimo app...

However, the live streaming function still not working. In the about, all is update to date!!

Anyone please help ?
2020-5-22
Use props
7-Dmitry
lvl.1
Czechia

1) 2 days ago I bought Osmo Action. Made activation (very hard process with wifi bugs). There was no Russian language.
2) 2 days ago I updated firmware to latest version. Found: Russian language, hyperlapse, and "RockSteady" (on/off) in video resolution setup.
3) Yestaday. I turned on camera and it ask me about language (It's mean - camera droped all settings or something happend). It did't ask activation.

What happens now:
a) I can't found Russian language (only: English,  Chineese/Korean?/Japan?, German, France)
b) I can't found Hyperlapse function.
c) Camera rename  stabilisation function "RockSteady" to "EIS" (on/off).
d) I set Dewrap to ON. Go to settings and save it as "C1" profile. Turn off. Turn on. It start with C1 profile, but Dewrap is OFF. It lost this option every time.

What I tried:  I made factory reset.  Format SD. Copy firmware file "OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.08.00.10.bin" to SD and restart camera. After turn on camera made file "OSMO_ACTION_FW_RESULT_AB.txt" on SD with text:
-------------
[00292741]
========== 2020.05.23 18:41:17 remo-con disconnect======
[00292748]Packet: OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.08.00.10.bin [00292751]
[00002141]
========== 2020.05.23 18:41:27 remo-con disconnect======
[00002144]Packet: OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.08.00.10.bin [00002147]
-------------
but ignore new firmware.

My current firmware is 01.08.00.10 (6009). Other user said, him firmware is  01.08.00.10 (6460). My - 6009. Him - 6460. What is your version?

What I can to try?

I wrote to DJI support. No answer.
2020-5-23
Use props
djiuser_HOupOyPYWXTm
New

United Arab Emirates

Good day. I recently bought dji osmo action 2 weeks ago. I have new 128gb u3 class 10 card that is formatted to dji osmo action camera to prevent issues.

First issue: I notice that after 3x uses without recording only connected to my phone to setup the camera to my liking and update the firmware it feels warm to touch.

Second issue: after 3x of setting up the camera i was finally able to record some video. My settings are as follows. 2.7k at 60fps with dewarp and rocksteady on. The rest are all automatic. So the problem i experience sometimes when i freshly open the camera the hit record it will record 2-4secs then it will freeze up and camera will restart and the footage is not recorded because it restarted. Voice not activated. I've encountered this problem even if the camera is already shot 2 videos. So meaning even if the camera is not freshly powered on this problem occurs. i don't know where to send the unit since i bought it from amazon.ae (UAE).And the return already expire
2020-5-24
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

GoPro just ran away with the show, maybe DJI Will steal it back

QR writng start/stop timer, Motion detection, and higher file size chaptering... DJI anything to say?????
2020-5-29
Use props
djiuser_XnscPpbRiBxG
New
Australia

Jurgiebaby Posted at 4-6 07:02
Hi guys I have just installed the new Firmware and when I go to Live-stream to Facebook the error I receive is "There is an error logging you into this application, please try again later"  so doe's anyone have an answer to that? I am on a Samsung Android phone (Note 9)  and i have enabled teh Hotspot for data sharing as I was going to try this on a short cycle ride, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

I got my oa only yesterday and upgraded to the new firmware today.  

I went through the same issue you had on screen regarding to error in login in.  Finally figured out how to fix it.  

I've tried multiple uninstall of facebook app and Mimo, reboot etc etc etc.. and that didn't work for me. So I did this..

Here's what you do, start mimo as you usually do and go up to the point of entering your info for the facebook stream.  

1. Now go to your Google App store and uninstall Facebook App, take note of the facebook app uninstall button, below the button there  is "Facebook lite" - Install the lite version.

2. Go back to Mimo - in Account "Login is blank" click login, now you be prompt for facebook acct details.  Note, now the prompt for facebook logon is slightly different.  Facebook will ask you to authorised and allow DJI Mimo etc access more than before.  Once you agreed with Facebook authorisation for Mimo, you set to go.

Note now your logon account shows up at the bottom of Mimo facebook stream.

You can now start a test stream.  This should work for 2.4g or 5g wifi.  

You can also uninstall Facebook lite and install the normal Facebook app again.  They should both work now.  

Hope that helped.

Joe

2020-6-3
Use props
fans00a496fc
New

Germany

Am I the only one who still has the problem with the lag or delay of the live view?
Thanks in advance
2020-6-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Being quiet  at DJI. they are working very hard to  get all the bugs and issues out in one shot. . that old saying is

No news is good news.

maybe they should   give us all a discount    for a new product.  as each time we check they collect points......
2020-6-8
Use props
djiuser_AvFDRvpqIbW8
New

Romania

May we wait for a software update, which resolves the video will be more wide while filming in Rocksteady mode? Or remains this crop? Thank the answer!
2020-6-9
Use props
WilliamSolis11
lvl.1
Australia

When is the next update coming
2020-6-12
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

where on the Box and label it says DJI has to offer Firmware updates?  love to hear?  where.   DJI gave us one or two, if nothing else comes out then the camera is DONE!
2020-6-12
Use props
djiuser_L7YXpq0Rll4g
New

France

installation de la version 09 du 17 juin toujours en échec arrivée à 50 %...
2020-6-20
Use props
fans70c52e59
New
Brazil

Hi there. My osmo action is jammimg everytime i try To take a picture. I tried To connect to the app so i could try to update the firmware and see if it worked but the wireless is not conecting. I also cannot change the settings between 2.4ghz and 5.8ghz. When i try To change this, the camera jams and i have to remove the battery cause all the buttons stop Working. My camera is new, o have it for a yeAr and a week now and ive always taken good care of it. Never fell or anything. Im from Brazil and i bought it in usa in a trip.
2020-7-5
Use props
fans70c52e59
New
Brazil

Is it possible To update the FW without wireless conection?
2020-7-5
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules