Battery Charger + HDMI Micro Connector
1742 20 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_lWgoNc1gPCtp
lvl.1

United States

Any thoughts on what the Micro HDMI connection under the battery charger is for?  

Is it an alternative for charging or just a way to update the firmware in the batteries? I am not finding much information on this plug-in on that charger for the Mavic 2 Pro.
2020-3-25
Use props
Mavic57pro2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The only socket on my Mavic 2  charger is a standard USB socket. There are no other sockets. There is the plug on the side that is for charging the remote controller.
2020-3-25
Use props
djiuser_lWgoNc1gPCtp
lvl.1

United States

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 3-25 11:48
The only socket on my Mavic 2  charger is a standard USB socket. There are no other sockets. There is the plug on the side that is for charging the remote controller.

This is what I find on my charger. This is the Micro HDMI port I am asking about.
2020-3-26
Use props
djiuser_lWgoNc1gPCtp
lvl.1

United States

djiuser_lWgoNc1gPCtp Posted at 3-26 09:34
[view_image]
This is what I find on my charger. This is the Micro HDMI port I am asking about.

I wonder if I could use this port and take a USB Power Pack, use the USB to Micro HDMI cable to connect the Battery Pack and the charger to charge batteries from a battery pack versus the AC or DC chargers provided in the Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More Packs.

I have yet to try it as I do not know the intended use of this port, if the wattage or amps from the power pack is compatible with the charger, etc. I do not have those answers and at $140+ per battery, I am not too keen in just trying it to see if it works without understanding its intended use.
2020-3-26
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djiuser_lW,

The image showing the Micro HDMI port seems to be in a product that does not come with the Mavic 2 Pro.  Can you provide a slightly larger photo so we can see the whole product and where the HDMI port is located?  Mahalo!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-27
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 3-27 02:23
Aloha djiuser_lW,

The image showing the Micro HDMI port seems to be in a product that does not come with the Mavic 2 Pro.  Can you provide a slightly larger photo so we can see the whole product and where the HDMI port is located?  Mahalo!

2020-3-27
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

I skinned my batteries - but those are DJi Mavic 2 Pro batteries on the charger turned sideways. This is the charger that came with my drone which I just purchased in the last two weeks.
2020-3-27
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

FrankNSteinPC Posted at 3-27 04:24
[view_image]

I skinned my batteries - but those are DJi Mavic 2 Pro batteries on the charger turned sideways. This is the charger that came with my drone which I just purchased in the last two weeks.

2020-3-27
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

The 4 charger comes in the FlyMore Combo

I also have the same 4 port charger and have the mini HDMI under the rubber cover on the bottom.

No idea what it's for

Randy
2020-3-27
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_lWgoNc1gPCtp Posted at 3-26 09:38
I wonder if I could use this port and take a USB Power Pack, use the USB to Micro HDMI cable to connect the Battery Pack and the charger to charge batteries from a battery pack versus the AC or DC chargers provided in the Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More Packs.

I have yet to try it as I do not know the intended use of this port, if the wattage or amps from the power pack is compatible with the charger, etc. I do not have those answers and at $140+ per battery, I am not too keen in just trying it to see if it works without understanding its intended use.

Aloha djiuser_lW,

Good observation!  I have the Mavic Air version and it also has the Micro HDMI port.  No idea what it is for.  This is a job for a Super Moderator!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-3-27
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 3-27 16:17
Aloha djiuser_lW,

Good observation!  I have the Mavic Air version and it also has the Micro HDMI port.  No idea what it is for.  This is a job for a Super Moderator!

I am guessing by this time a moderator isn't coming in to answer this question. Just saying...
2020-5-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrankNSteinPC Posted at 5-6 11:42
I am guessing by this time a moderator isn't coming in to answer this question. Just saying...

Aloha Frank,

You are probably right.  DJI often does put ports into products for contingency purposes.  The P3 Series has a CAN port that is unused and there are Micro USB ports that do not work on some products.  So, it would not be unusual for DJI to have a non-functional HDMI port on a battery multi-charger.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-6
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

i think its a micro usb port and no micro hdmi port ? correct me if im wrong...

2020-5-6
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mini User Posted at 5-6 23:45
i think its a micro usb port and no micro hdmi port ? correct me if im wrong...

[view_image]

Aloha MU,

Wow!  You are 100% correct.  Mahalo for the observation!  I just tested my Micro USB cable and my Micro HDMI cable and of course, the Micro HDMI cable would not fit.  Mystery solved.

This makes a lot more sense now.  The Micro USB port could have charging functions.  In fact, I have a power bank that outputs to Micro USB.  I just charged all my Mavic Air batteries for the video I shot today of my friend felling a tree.  Next time I run them down I will test to see if the power bank will charge my batteries.  Mahalo again!

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrankNSteinPC Posted at 5-6 11:42

Aloha Frank,

Check Posts #s 13 &14.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djiuser_IWgo,

Check Posts #s 13 &14.

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

Cetacean Posted at 5-7 01:53
Aloha djiuser_IWgo,

Check Posts #s 13 &14.

Being the "Connector guy" I am I should have been more diligent in observation on the correct port type - nice correction. I am "that guy" who shows up at the meeting that has every conceivable adapter, gender converter, cable, and all means of connectivity and data transfer needed, including legacy options, so the mis-take on the connector type is certainly not something I typically am called out on - lol, first time for everything I suppose.

Okay this makes sense now and yes, micro USB would make more sense if it were to be used for power.

Thank you everyone for the answers and replies. All the best - Drone on, just dont bore them. '-)
2020-5-7
Use props
Mini User
lvl.4
Flight distance : 416854 ft
Germany

FrankNSteinPC Posted at 5-7 04:45
Being the "Connector guy" I am I should have been more diligent in observation on the correct port type - nice correction. I am "that guy" who shows up at the meeting that has every conceivable adapter, gender converter, cable, and all means of connectivity and data transfer needed, including legacy options, so the mis-take on the connector type is certainly not something I typically am called out on - lol, first time for everything I suppose.

Okay this makes sense now and yes, micro USB would make more sense if it were to be used for power.

i dont think its for charging either. maybe there is some type of logic board in it, to control voltage levels and current. maybe the port is for some sort of "firmware" on that board.

cause the 5V coming from your Micro USB with i believe 3A max. (depends on charger)  would take an eternity to charge your batterys. I think the M2P batterys have 11.xx V ( i'm not quite sure), it would mean that there has to be some sort of step up converter to reach a suitable charging voltage wich would be veryyyyy ineffective. but im curious, so please tell us if it works.

sorry for my bad english, im from germany and not used to write in english
2020-5-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mini User Posted at 5-7 07:42
i dont think its for charging either. maybe there is some type of logic board in it, to control voltage levels and current. maybe the port is for some sort of "firmware" on that board.

cause the 5V coming from your Micro USB with i believe 3A max. (depends on charger)  would take an eternity to charge your batterys. I think the M2P batterys have 11.xx V ( i'm not quite sure), it would mean that there has to be some sort of step up converter to reach a suitable charging voltage wich would be veryyyyy ineffective. but im curious, so please tell us if it works.

Aloha MU,

My charging hub is for my Mavic Air (3 batteries).  Same hub for a few types of Mavic apparently.  Still yet, it looks like a mystery solved for me.  I am going to look and see if there is a manual for the hub and later test my hub with my power bank.

Mahalo again!  Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

FrankNSteinPC Posted at 5-7 04:45
Being the "Connector guy" I am I should have been more diligent in observation on the correct port type - nice correction. I am "that guy" who shows up at the meeting that has every conceivable adapter, gender converter, cable, and all means of connectivity and data transfer needed, including legacy options, so the mis-take on the connector type is certainly not something I typically am called out on - lol, first time for everything I suppose.

Aloha Frank,

Well, at least you revived the thread.  If not for that, MU might not have solved the mystery.  Mahalo!  I also have all kinds of connectors and feel the same way (but not as competent as you).  Apparently, I was squirreled by the reference to HDMI (and confused).

Be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-5-7
Use props
FrankNSteinPC
lvl.1

United States

Mini User Posted at 5-7 07:42
i dont think its for charging either. maybe there is some type of logic board in it, to control voltage levels and current. maybe the port is for some sort of "firmware" on that board.

cause the 5V coming from your Micro USB with i believe 3A max. (depends on charger)  would take an eternity to charge your batterys. I think the M2P batterys have 11.xx V ( i'm not quite sure), it would mean that there has to be some sort of step up converter to reach a suitable charging voltage wich would be veryyyyy ineffective. but im curious, so please tell us if it works.

I agree, charging doesn't make sense when you consider USB voltages and the power it takes to charge these cells. I am leaning towards the alignment of it being for future use or firmware potential. That makes more logical sense for the use of that port.

Thanks for the input and thanks to all who replied to this thread. All the best. May you always achieve that which you strive to reach and earnestly desire.
2020-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules