14254 74 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is it possible to record ALL the OSD data using the Goggle SD Card.

I have GPS data I'd like to preserve for obvious reasons!

Perhaps a question for the tech engineers.
2020-3-25
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

No, the system cannot currently do this, but hopefully this issue will be addressed on the next update.  Obviously GPS coordinates that cant be recorded are pretty useless!  It would be nice to have the option to choose to record with or without OSD data, or maybe have the Google's record OSD and the air unit not.  
2020-3-25
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mc54 Posted at 3-25 16:27
No, the system cannot currently do this, but hopefully this issue will be addressed on the next update.  Obviously GPS coordinates that cant be recorded are pretty useless!  It would be nice to have the option to choose to record with or without OSD data, or maybe have the Google's record OSD and the air unit not.

Agreed!  

Yes, I was afraid of that might be the case.

Perhaps DJI can respond to this and push it up to the engineers!

Hint Hint!

2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for your suggestion. This request had actually been recorded and forwarded to our engineers to notice, transfer the request again. Hopefully, they will consider it.
2020-3-26
Use props
itsyaboijake
lvl.1

United States

Yes, please add this feature. I believe a few people on social media said that this was a feature. Really hopeful for osd and every other osd data point to be recorded in the future!
2020-4-19
Use props
itsyaboijake
lvl.1

United States

Also very hopeful and excited for home direction and distance to be added to osd
2020-4-19
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

itsyaboijake Posted at 4-19 19:08
Also very hopeful and excited for home direction and distance to be added to osd

Say for example you loose signal completely and the quad falls directly down.

If you've recorded the last LAT/LONG coordinates (in the goggles) input the data into google earth and get close enough to hear the beeper!
2020-4-19
Use props
KiwiQuads
lvl.1

New Zealand

If its on the OSD, is this info not recorded if you use the recording in the goggles?
2020-4-20
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

KiwiQuads Posted at 4-20 00:27
If its on the OSD, is this info not recorded if you use the recording in the goggles?

At this time, not recorded.
2020-4-20
Use props
fans14253033
lvl.2

Switzerland

... in my opinion it should be possible to record AND DISPLAY all the betaflight OSD.
I do not really understand why this is still not possible in the firmware 05.00.

please add this in the next update, thank you very much.
2020-4-25
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

Agree with that! I´d like to change to the DJI Transmitter. It is sold with mid- or long range capabilities.. but..

With my old Frsky Transmitter it was possible to get all the Telemetry info, in particular the LAT/LONG Coordinates of the GPS. In Case of a crash, even with a torn Lipo in about 1,5 km icould always see the last send GPS Coordinates on my transmitter to find my 600 € Quad.

The best case would be to get access to the last sent Telemetry data in the goggles even if the lipo has disconnected. In this way you can have access, even if you did not rec any video.

The second way is to watch the recorded video on the goggles, but that requires on the one hand that you dont forget to record it, and on the other hand that you overload your OSD with these long coordinates, even though they are pretty unuseless during flight...

Both cases are currently not possible with the system. This is a big disadvantage, compared to the usual Transmitters for me, cause i´m afraid of sending my expensive quad for long range. If a motor throws up, or i just hit a tree 2km far away.. its hard to find my 600 € again. With the usual transmitter i just need to look on the small display and read the GPS-Coordinates.. the DJI Transmitter got no display, which would not be a problem to me, if i could read these last sent telemetry data, especially the GPS LAT/LONG, in the goggles...

2020-4-26
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ruhr Posted at 4-26 03:12
Agree with that! I´d like to change to the DJI Transmitter. It is sold with mid- or long range capabilities.. but..

With my old Frsky Transmitter it was possible to get all the Telemetry info, in particular the LAT/LONG Coordinates of the GPS. In Case of a crash, even with a torn Lipo in about 1,5 km icould always see the last send GPS Coordinates on my transmitter to find my 600 € Quad.

agreed.  

All the more reason, those of us with the DJI transmitters need to have the ability to record the OSD data using the goggle SD card.

You can then input the LAT/LONG data into google earth or other GPS apps to retrieve you expense quad.
2020-4-26
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

Yep. We build our Quads on our own, we choose the components, solder them.. we use open source-Flight controller firmwares like BF or INAV which are gettin better and better but are also buggy in some cases. Its not an closed system like the Mavic where all components, including the Firmware, are build and coordinated from one Company. The possibility of an system failure is much more higher... let alone in a crash, which is much more likely when flying fpv compared to Mavic etc. But an FPV-Quad is also very expensive...

Finding the FPV-Quad via the GPS-Telemetry helped me a lot in the past.
2020-4-26
Use props
fansb6de180d
New

United States

eight months after 05 there is 06 and still no recording of GPS data....
2020-7-10
Use props
telemetry_lost
New
Flight distance : 225600 ft
Australia

Bumping this thread because the latest firmware released last week (50mbps bit rate) whilst great, does not include the ability to record custom OSD data on the goggle DVR.
Please can this be prioritised? It is a vital feature.

Thanks
2020-7-12
Use props
Arkky
New

United States

I'm using the DJI system for my Long Range system and just realized that the recording doesn't include the GPS data in the DVR.   Please add his feature in the next update I won't be able to find my quad if I crash.
2020-7-13
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

pleeease add this features!!  
and betaflight warnings
2020-7-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

The 50mbs upgrade was great! Now this is an issue that should go to the top of the list as pilots are in very real danger of losing their quads without a recorded record of the last GPS coordinates.  And YES, adding the WARNINGS flag in the OSD is a no-brainer.  And while we are at it, a end of flight SUMMARY PAGE with total stats (like in Betaflight) would be AWESOME.
2020-7-14
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

yes pelase DO put coords log in file on sd that would be a big help, and then possible option in googles when watch this movie - to put all this info on screen (like subtitles)
2020-7-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

This seriously needs to be addressed in the next update.  
2020-7-17
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

fansb6de180d Posted at 7-10 19:14
eight months after 05 there is 06 and still no recording of GPS data....

Interesting time calculation, how do you do that?
Date: 2020.04.13 Firmware: v01.00.05.00 >>>>>>>>> Date: 2020.07.08 Firmware: v01.00.06.00
2020-7-18
Use props
fichek
lvl.4
Flight distance : 915233 ft
Croatia

I agree it would be nice to have entire OSD recorded. Might be challenging as an .srt file, but at least give us an option to burn it into the video file.

However, when you crash and your quad disconnects, the goggles will still show the last OSD info sent as long as you don't power them down or connect to another quad, I've found that to be pretty consistent and I was always able to read the coordinates and type them into maps on my phone. Is this not how it works for you guys?
2020-7-21
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

fichek Posted at 7-21 11:47
I agree it would be nice to have entire OSD recorded. Might be challenging as an .srt file, but at least give us an option to burn it into the video file.

However, when you crash and your quad disconnects, the goggles will still show the last OSD info sent as long as you don't power them down or connect to another quad, I've found that to be pretty consistent and I was always able to read the coordinates and type them into maps on my phone. Is this not how it works for you guys?

I have my iPhone 'voice memo' app...always at the ready when I fly!

Still it would be good to have access to the recorded LAT/LONG data post flight.
2020-7-21
Use props
theperfectline
lvl.1

New Zealand

Another vote for Betaflight OSD being saved!
2020-8-11
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

theperfectline Posted at 8-11 15:40
Another vote for Betaflight OSD being saved!

Agreed!

My main OSD data point would be the LAT/LONG readings so if I were to loose signal and go down, it would help me to locate and position the lost quad!
2020-8-11
Use props
neilfpv
lvl.4

United States

I just bought a DJI FPV Goggles and it arrived yesterday. Today, I was able to test it! It was awesome! I see all the OSD stuff(including gps LAT/LON) I selected in Betaflight while I'm flying. When I got home, I don't see the OSD data in the recording. What is wrong? I fly in huge open corn field. If I crash, there is no way for me to pin point where my quad landed since LAT/LON data is missing no the recording. Is DJI working on this feature?
2020-8-13
Use props
djiuser_zM6oSZWX0I4p
New

Israel

I join all those who ask to record osd data in the google vcr. Priority one is the GPS coordinate.
2020-8-22
Use props
djiuser_CbcxGRFUiUKv
New

Australia

Add me to the list. Love the goggles they are great. If possible having access to the OSD values especially GPS coords would complete the picture. I'm not using betaflight, but happily using the msp versions of firmware on a quad with a KISS V2 fc and a plane with a Matek F765 running Arduplane. Was DJI expecting these versions to appear? Just shows how eager we are to use the goggles!
Please DJI tech team, can you help??????
2020-8-24
Use props
MMaksym
lvl.1

Ukraine

+1 for the OSD with GPS coordinates video overlay or a rolling log file.
2020-8-31
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

I ended up installing R9 receiver modules and have switched to using an X-Lite Pro transmitter that I already had for analog quads. It’s configured to log telemetry data to the card in the transmitter. I also have battery level warnings set to trigger a voice alert announcing the current voltage.
2020-8-31
Use props
wpfreund
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14767 ft

United States

Please please please add ability to record GPS Data or at the very least preserve lat and long on screen so that if we turn goggles off and on again we can see last known GPS location. This wouldn’t require osd saving. I just Upgraded to a new FC for inav just to get GPS and now I cant Have it in a crash.
2020-8-31
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

wpfreund Posted at 8-31 20:10
Please please please add ability to record GPS Data or at the very least preserve lat and long on screen so that if we turn goggles off and on again we can see last known GPS location. This wouldn’t require osd saving. I just Upgraded to a new FC for inav just to get GPS and now I cant Have it in a crash.

Every time before I fly I open my cell phone memo app and have it standing by in case the quad goes down and I can bark the LAT/LONG coordinates into the app before shutting down the goggles.
2020-9-3
Use props
djiuser_tmml506brVJp
lvl.1

Germany

+1 this feature is absolutely essential! please make it work DJI
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_GC9uKAkjaTVK
lvl.1

United States

+1,000,000

I just lost my quad in a canyon after "testing" return home function of GPS.  As soon as I toggled the quad pointed down and video transmission was lost.  SCARY!  Went to canyon and heard beeper from afar.  So I have a very general area, but last GPS coordinates might make it actually findable. Didn't have the daylight to search last night, and beeper was dead this morning.  Guess it was an expensive lesson.  

Idk why engaging return home would cause the quad to freak out and cut transmission.  This was after successfully testing the function on a previous flight.  No changes to BF or FC since then.  

DJI Please add GPS Coordinates to goggle recording.
2020-9-14
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_GC9uKAkjaTVK Posted at 9-14 08:07
+1,000,000

I just lost my quad in a canyon after "testing" return home function of GPS.  As soon as I toggled the quad pointed down and video transmission was lost.  SCARY!  Went to canyon and heard beeper from afar.  So I have a very general area, but last GPS coordinates might make it actually findable. Didn't have the daylight to search last night, and beeper was dead this morning.  Guess it was an expensive lesson.  

I've had GPS RTH rescue fail when testing.  Usually I didn't have enough SAT hook-up or was not far enough away for it to engage properly.  I even had it fail to engage when I was flying out and the signal was lost completely.  Fortunately, I found the quad after looking for 3 days.

Lesson learned:  Until DJI get the OSD LAT/LONG record implemented, I keep my cell phone handy with the memo app engaged so if it goes down...I can verbally voice the LAT/LONG coordinates on the phone before I switch the goggles off.

The other issue is some of these quads don't immediately hook-up to SATS...especially when you fly a totally new location.  I wait to take off until I see the LAT/LONG spinning up at the SAT indicator registering.

2020-9-14
Use props
Ruhr
lvl.2

Germany

Simply add all Parameters which are given from BF  to the subtitle recording. The BF-Parameters are in a different font than the DJI-Parameters. join these two OSD types. And make also the DJI-Parameters configurable.

Maybe add an option in the settings-menu to configure the OSD. Let us change the size and color of the DJI-OSD and choose which BF-Parameters are additional recorded in the subtitles.

I love the idea that the video is recorded clean and the OSD is recorded as subtitles. i generally like to keep it that way
2020-9-14
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Ruhr Posted at 9-14 11:57
Simply add all Parameters which are given from BF  to the subtitle recording. The BF-Parameters are in a different font than the DJI-Parameters. join these two OSD types. And make also the DJI-Parameters configurable.

Maybe add an option in the settings-menu to configure the OSD. Let us change the size and color of the DJI-OSD and choose which BF-Parameters are additional recorded in the subtitles.

Yeah, I get your point.

Frankly I like the DJI goggles screen to be cluttered with the OSD data of my choosing.

I can ignore it and see past it to the image but have it right there, at my fingertips, to refer if needed.
2020-9-14
Use props
Avronaut
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53996 ft
Germany

Another 6 months are gone. Is it really so difficult to implement Betaflight OSD in the recording?
2020-9-14
Use props
manc01
lvl.3
Flight distance : 96880 ft
Australia

This would be a great and necesssary feature to add. I am using a non DJI controller (Tango 2). I have set it up so that it will display the GPS co-ordinates on the screen. Even if the quad gets disconnected it will display the last known location. Doing it this way you can take a photo of the screen of the controller then input them into Google maps to recover your quad. Maybe this work around could help some people until the feature is hopefully implemented. It is not hard to set up, just do a search on Google or YouTube.
2020-9-15
Use props
KatieFPV
lvl.1
United States

Yes, all OSD data burned in please!!!! It would be nice if that was an option for recording, I want to see it all. I am kind of baffled as to why this isn't an option.
2020-9-16
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules