re: Recording OSD Data
14295 74 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stingert
lvl.1

Moldova

Please add this option. For airplain/wing flyers it is a musthave.
2020-11-15
Use props
djiuser_pnhNP8ITIbQ5
lvl.1

Belgium

I lost a drone a year ago, hard to swallow but I finally bought a new one, and I'm not doing the same mistakes again, so I added a GPS chipset. I'm glad I found this topic before flying because I assumed that OSD data would be on video recorded by the DJI FPV Goggles.

Please add this feature, by recording OSD data on video or in a separate file, I don't care but I want the data if my drone crashes again.
Or even better, make the Goggles firmware open source.
2020-11-17
Use props
djiuser_IMoOvi7UlpFI
New

Italy

Per favore inserisci la registrazione di tutti i dati del osd  nel DVR.... Non è possibile spendere 800€ tra occhiali e air unit e poi non avere queste funzioni basilari
2020-12-5
Use props
Tina007
New

Australia

Just registered with DJI to be able to post here and add a vote for the OSD to be recorded. Apart from the obvious advantage of having GPS for recovery of a lost drone, I´d love to have all stats on the video, even hardcoded if it´s an issue to put them into a separate .srt!
Please fix this DJI!
Cheers,
Tina^^
2020-12-27
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Please add this as an option.  It would be ideal to record all OSD info to the .srt file (or allow us to select what is recorded).  GPS lat/lon coordinates are necessary to efficiently find aircraft!  If I crash and the OSD goes away, I'm not in a good situation because I can't enter the coordinates into my phone.
2020-12-27
Use props
pitchlynn
lvl.1

United States

Yes, please add the option to record gps coordinates in the .srt file.  Even better to see all betaflight osd in the .srt as well.  I just converted from analog to this DJI system and love image quality but not being able to review betaflight OSD is a big let down.
2020-12-29
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

relax man )). GPS data is on screen of goggles after signal lost. And goggles keep it.
2020-12-30
Use props
pitchlynn
lvl.1

United States

Anton R59 Posted at 12-30 00:56
relax man )). GPS data is on screen of goggles after signal lost. And goggles keep it.

I'm so glad you responded with this comment.  It dawned on me that I really don't know what happens when you loose the video feed so I just tested by unplugging the battery on my quad and the video just freezes with the gps coordinates still displayed.  This is great!  The last coordinates are still available to be copied to a phone so you can track down the lost quad.  I'm guessing they are lost for good when the googles are powered down.  Is there anyway to see them again?

I would still love to see the custom OSD recorded in the SRT file but know I don't need a photo graphic memory to get the GPS coordinates after a crash is excellent!
2020-12-30
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Anton R59 Posted at 2020-12-30 00:56
relax man )). GPS data is on screen of goggles after signal lost. And goggles keep it.

Thanks for sharing this.  It gives me a bit more peace of mind.  I suppose I could take my phone out and take a quick snapshot through one of the goggle lenses in the event of a crash.  It would still be much better if DJI can record all OSD info to the .srt file, though (or at least the critical info we want).
2021-1-15
Use props
pitchlynn
lvl.1

United States

pitchlynn Posted at 2020-12-30 16:12
I'm so glad you responded with this comment.  It dawned on me that I really don't know what happens when you loose the video feed so I just tested by unplugging the battery on my quad and the video just freezes with the gps coordinates still displayed.  This is great!  The last coordinates are still available to be copied to a phone so you can track down the lost quad.  I'm guessing they are lost for good when the googles are powered down.  Is there anyway to see them again?

I would still love to see the custom OSD recorded in the SRT file but know I don't need a photo graphic memory to get the GPS coordinates after a crash is excellent!

Real world test on this today and this did not work out as I'd hoped.  I had video down to crash site.  Not sure when I lost it exactly but someone unplugged the battery at one point.  I had a weak or frozen image for maybe 30 seconds before the screen saver came on and I hadn't captured the gps coordinates. Got lucky and found it but we really need custom OSD recorded in SRT file so it can be reviewed.  GPS onboard was not help today.  Hopefully those firmware updates start rolling again soon.
2021-2-4
Use props
Tom_A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 899951 ft
  • >>>
United States

pitchlynn Posted at 2-4 15:30
Real world test on this today and this did not work out as I'd hoped.  I had video down to crash site.  Not sure when I lost it exactly but someone unplugged the battery at one point.  I had a weak or frozen image for maybe 30 seconds before the screen saver came on and I hadn't captured the gps coordinates. Got lucky and found it but we really need custom OSD recorded in SRT file so it can be reviewed.  GPS onboard was not help today.  Hopefully those firmware updates start rolling again soon.

Agreed that the goggles really should record all OSD elements and some important ones that are missing should be added, but I ended up switching to an OpenTX based transmitter so I could record GPS information. Recording to SD card on the transmitter but there is no easy way to view the recording on the transmitter. The transmitter does save the coordinates on screen if you have telemetry screens set up. I have heard that if the goggles go into screen saver mode, you can hit a button to dismiss the screensaver and the coordinates will still be there.
2021-2-5
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Hello DJI - any updates on this request?
2021-2-6
Use props
Pukkaras
lvl.1

Russia

I support the request and the need for this function! In addition to the ability to view the latest GPS coordinates on the record from the glasses, it will also be possible to use the gyroscope data to stabilize the video through the reelsteady.
2021-2-8
Use props
djiuser_wshix19MUT8m
New

United States

Any updates. This is ridiculous that it hasn't been done
2021-3-6
Use props
fans9981a4c5
lvl.1

Slovakia

DJI, please add custom osd recording in next firmware release. It is very helpful feature in case of crash. Also after flight I would like to see HD video with osd data Thank you so much.
2021-3-11
Use props
SkyWalker27K
lvl.1
Canada

+1
This feature is a must have. It has been requested for a very long time.
DJI is big company, there's no way they are slow like this... We don't even know if they are working on it.
Some communication with public would be great... I mean what is the point of working if it is not for customer satisfaction?
2021-3-13
Use props
pitchlynn
lvl.1

United States

Tom_A Posted at 2-5 00:09
Agreed that the goggles really should record all OSD elements and some important ones that are missing should be added, but I ended up switching to an OpenTX based transmitter so I could record GPS information. Recording to SD card on the transmitter but there is no easy way to view the recording on the transmitter. The transmitter does save the coordinates on screen if you have telemetry screens set up. I have heard that if the goggles go into screen saver mode, you can hit a button to dismiss the screensaver and the coordinates will still be there.

I just learned about hitting a button if it goes to screen saver.  I tried it and it works.  Your last frame and osd with coordinates will be visible again.  I wish I had know that when I was looking for my quad that day but very happy to know about it know.  Just don't unplug the power!

I didn't think about using telemetry as a work around.  I'd have to upgrade my radio but good to know.  Now that I know how to get out of the screensaver I'll live with that for now and hope DJI keeps the firmware updates comming.
2021-3-19
Use props
m4nu_fpv
New

Austria

+1
Count me in, just got the v2 goggles and actually i thought this would be a standard feature to log both OSD (dji and custom betaflight), but while trying it out I learned that only dji osd will be recorded.
2021-3-20
Use props
fans1d3bfcf7
New

Hungary

Please add osd recording function to the firmware in csse of custom osd on v1 goggles too! Its a must have feauture for dji fpv users
2021-3-26
Use props
djiuser_j0tcmqQ6wRQU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 744715 ft
United Kingdom

I really hope DJI roll this out in a firmware update.  To record the telemetry as an option would be amazing.  To overlay it with the drone camera footage would be even better.  I hope also to get a sport+ mode to have a little more power in sports mode but have the confidence of the DJI GPS system keeping you safe.
2021-4-6
Use props
djiuser_uVvZ3h7pukH6
lvl.1

United States

2 requests for the dji developers: 1 - video out, 2 - the choice to record osd info onto air unit or goggles...
2021-4-25
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Hello DJI, users could really use this feature.  It has been a while since a firmware update has been provided.  Will this be included in the next one?
2021-5-4
Use props
Bosq
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Along with everyone else here, please can we have GPS coordinates recorded and available for review to assist in post crash recovery. No brainer
2021-5-23
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 420646 ft
United Kingdom

my guess is its never coming, the air units are discontinued along with the v1 FPV system
2021-5-23
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Hello DJI, any status on this reasonable request?
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_RiKAxA7pKcSv
New
Germany

Hello DJI,
It would be extremely helpful if the GPS position is recorded to the srt file. Please kindly help us!
2021-5-27
Use props
Nandox7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 15722 ft
Ireland

Hey +1 to this.

Can you please add.
1. recording of video with OSD (as it is seen by the pilot)
2. record all received telemetry data (GPS, Alt, Voltages,..)

Thanks
2021-6-9
Use props
Anton_s
New

Germany

DJI can you please add this feature
2021-6-9
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

I'm really glad that you can press the joystick down to get the GPS coordinates. My FPV feed dropped completely while flying far away. If it weren't for the GPS coordinates I would have never found the plane. It would be even better to have this information in either the video or a .srt file though.
2021-8-3
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

i think caddx have implied that canvas mode is being worked on, would this then be recordable on the goggles DVR or just we will see more of the betaflight OSD but still not be able to record it?
2021-8-4
Use props
niio
New

Slovakia

The last frozen frame does not always work. Once I lost video, just flying 50m near me in open space. The bitrate starts to dropping down, until I got just a black screen. After seconds later, it goes back, but at that time, the drone was already down on the ground....
2021-9-2
Use props
Gigahurtz
lvl.2

United States

Bezik Posted at 8-4 11:35
i think caddx have implied that canvas mode is being worked on, would this then be recordable on the goggles DVR or just we will see more of the betaflight OSD but still not be able to record it?

This would be fantastic. Source?
2021-9-7
Use props
Bezik
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gigahurtz Posted at 9-7 21:39
This would be fantastic. Source?

2021-9-8
Use props
LucaShoFpv
lvl.1
Italy

Good morning, i think that the osd  is very important for the pilot fpv, I now use telemetry and gps on Lua Script on Display radio
a valide metode for fto find quad after crash or signal lost
2022-5-7
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

great views!
2022-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now