Osmo water proof cage from DJI wesite
1035 8 2020-3-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

just got this in a few weeks ago, what are the coardboard looking inserts for? lil white things it comes with?
2020-3-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, are you referring to the white cotton? It is Anti-flog Inserts whcih can be placed between the OSMO Action and the Waterproof Case.
2020-3-25
Use props
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-25 20:21
Hi there, are you referring to the white cotton? It is Anti-flog Inserts whcih can be placed between the OSMO Action and the Waterproof Case.

Yes those.
2020-3-26
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

I have a small question about these too. Just ordered the Water-Proof Case and some additional inserts for the Pocket 2.

While I do understand that these inserts are quite useful underwater, I would like to ask if I need to use those also when using the case just as a weather protection when filming on a rainy day but not underwater. Or will I be okay if I just put the Pocket 2 without an insert inside the case when filming on rainy days?

Thanks in advance for your reply!
2022-10-21
Use props
djiuser_kp9XLxoftjct
lvl.1
United States

HGDC84 Posted at 10-21 00:39
I have a small question about these too. Just ordered the Water-Proof Case and some additional inserts for the Pocket 2.

While I do understand that these inserts are quite useful underwater, I would like to ask if I need to use those also when using the case just as a weather protection when filming on a rainy day but not underwater. Or will I be okay if I just put the Pocket 2 without an insert inside the case when filming on rainy days?

It depends on the temp difference. They prevent condensation and the case/lens to get fogged up. I would use at least one. Better safe than sorry.
2022-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

djiuser_kp9XLxoftjct Posted at 10-22 05:53
It depends on the temp difference. They prevent condensation and the case/lens to get fogged up. I would use at least one. Better safe than sorry.

Thanks for your insights, guess I'll have to consider that seriously then. Probably was a good idea to order those extra insets. :-)
2022-10-22
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

One question regarding the inserts: They seem to have plastic covers on them (ones with the printed warnings about not eating them). Should those be removed before using the insert or not?
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Did a small test run with the Waterproof Case, and decided to share some of my experiences.

The case feels sturdy, and it was easy to close so no water got in.

It took a while to find out how to switch the Pocket 2 to Waterproof Case mode, but did eventually figure it out after checking in the forums.

At least with the Pocket 2, it has to be said that the space inside the case is very tight when considering that there should be space for both the Pocket 2 and the insert. I had serious trouble inserting, fitting properly and removing both from the case.

I also noticed I will need to think about getting some solid mount options, as it was okay being handheld but would be more useful if there was some weight etc. to position it in a more static way.

The footage was stable, looked sharp and the gimbal worked well in the case. The only thing about it I didn't like was that on some occasions, the borders of the camera lens window could be seen in the footage.

What is quite clear, but still possibly good to mention, is that the microphones, while surprisingly not completely disabled, did not record terribly useful sound. Was to be expected though as they are pretty much covered by the case. So be prepared to add your own audio in the post-processing.

Overall, it is a solid case. While not perfect for all usercases, it will be useful for many scenarios. It fared quite well in the pool test, and I am certain that it will serve me well on other occasions
2022-10-29
Use props
HGDC84
Captain
Finland

Also, one question if somebody happens to know: can I use the ND filters or wide angle lenses and the waterproof case at the same time? Or is it that there is not enough space for both?
2022-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules