Unable to post?
2265 20 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

I've twice tried to post in the "Works - Nature" section, but don't get the submit button, only "Save Draft" and my post doesn't show.

Have I been (appropriately) tagged as a troublemaker or something?

2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Tentoes, you are not in any trouble, there is a chance the Submit button which is actually a picture could not be loaded because of the network, please try again. If it happens frequently, please let us know.
2020-3-26
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-26 18:37
Hi Tentoes, you are not in any trouble, there is a chance the Submit button which is actually a picture could not be loaded because of the network, please try again. If it happens frequently, please let us know.

I'm not in any trouble?

hehe You don't know me very well, do you
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Tentoes Posted at 3-27 08:23
I'm not in any trouble?

hehe You don't know me very well, do you[view_image]

Are you referring to you posted a lot of pictures/videos in Forum? If that is the thing, of course not, we will not tag our customer as a troublemaker as long as he/she follows the Forum rules.
2020-3-31
Use props
wllmsnamy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5515 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-31 05:13
Are you referring to you posted a lot of pictures/videos in Forum? If that is the thing, of course not, we will not tag our customer as a troublemaker as long as he/she follows the Forum rules.

I can not post a new thread, new to forum.   Am I doing something wrong?
2020-4-6
Use props
juliabeyers
lvl.1

Ukraine

wllmsnamy Posted at 4-6 09:49
I can not post a new thread, new to forum.   Am I doing something wrong?

i think newbie can't do it)
2020-4-6
Use props
wllmsnamy
lvl.1
United States

juliabeyers Posted at 4-6 10:07
i think newbie can't do it)

Only lets me save as draft!!!
2020-4-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wllmsnamy Posted at 4-6 10:08

You are able to start your own thread, it is the SUBMIT button failed to be loaded, that could be related to your network, please refresh the page and try again. Thank you.
2020-4-6
Use props
juliabeyers
lvl.1

Ukraine

wllmsnamy Posted at 4-6 10:08

I have same situation, i want to share link with my city video and can just make this youtube.com/watch?v=Nc259UlvRlk and can't make new thread
2020-4-7
Use props
wllmsnamy
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-6 19:54
You are able to start your own thread, it is the SUBMIT button failed to be loaded, that could be related to your network, please refresh the page and try again. Thank you.

Refresh does not work, powered down computer as well, not a network issue as I can post on other forums no problem as well as download and upload to youtube or other sites.  Something wrong with the page after I click on "New Thread" after I select topic and model then compose message only option is "save as draft" or other options which does not include post.   
2020-4-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

wllmsnamy Posted at 4-8 06:42
Refresh does not work, powered down computer as well, not a network issue as I can post on other forums no problem as well as download and upload to youtube or other sites.  Something wrong with the page after I click on "New Thread" after I select topic and model then compose message only option is "save as draft" or other options which does not include post.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry to know it doesn't work, we have forwarded to our technicians to optimize in priority, at this moment, please try several times until the SUBMIT button displays. Sorry again for the inconvenience caused.
2020-4-8
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.1

United States

I was hoping to ask a question about the starting map on the RC2 always beginning in China. It appears that because I do not have enough points, I am unable to create a new thread.

While I understand WHY this may be the case (e.g. spammers, abuse, etc.), it is entirely inconvenient that I cannot ask a question regarding the operation of my new Mini 4 Pro.

I have tried a factory reset of the controller but that appears to have also set my time zone to China Standard Time. I have network-provided time zone selected and it insists that GMT+08:00 is the time zone. It appears I have to force the time zone, but I have currently not been able to figure out why it insists I am located in China.

Thanks!
4-9 14:15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BigDave110 Posted at 4-9 14:15
I was hoping to ask a question about the starting map on the RC2 always beginning in China. It appears that because I do not have enough points, I am unable to create a new thread.

While I understand WHY this may be the case (e.g. spammers, abuse, etc.), it is entirely inconvenient that I cannot ask a question regarding the operation of my new Mini 4 Pro.

Hi there, may I ask if you've tried to connect the RC 2 to WiFi or hotspot and power on the drone for a check? Please also update the firmware to the latest version.
4-9 22:56
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.1

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-9 22:56
Hi there, may I ask if you've tried to connect the RC 2 to WiFi or hotspot and power on the drone for a check? Please also update the firmware to the latest version.

Yes, I am on the latest version.

It appears that if the drone and controller are connected and powered, the map of my local area appears. However, if I power the RC2 alone, it displays a location in Beijing and says it cannot obtain current location. I am indoors at the moment with no GPS lock.

I have not tried every possible combination of powering sequence, but after power cycling the controller I am now seeing the world map. This may be all expected behavior. However, I would think that given no GPS input, the last known location would be remembered until either GPS is obtained or a manual location was selected.

I just discovered a new firmware version is available, so I will reload and try again.

It seems that my location should be roughly determined by either my last known or WIFI network location.

4-12 05:42
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

BigDave110 Posted at 4-12 05:42
Yes, I am on the latest version.

It appears that if the drone and controller are connected and powered, the map of my local area appears. However, if I power the RC2 alone, it displays a location in Beijing and says it cannot obtain current location. I am indoors at the moment with no GPS lock.

May I confirm if the map shows the location correctly now? Please make sure there is enough GPS signal.
4-12 23:24
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.1

United States

As long as I am connected to the drone and have GPS lock, it shows my correct location. If I turn on the RC2 alone, the map points to Beijing. Perhaps this is expected behavior, but I'm not sure why it would not cache the last known location rather than Beijing.
4-16 13:16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BigDave110 Posted at 4-16 13:16
As long as I am connected to the drone and have GPS lock, it shows my correct location. If I turn on the RC2 alone, the map points to Beijing. Perhaps this is expected behavior, but I'm not sure why it would not cache the last known location rather than Beijing.

Hi, there. We will verify further with our engineers and update you as soon as possible.
4-17 02:00
Use props
HavocDante
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20883 ft
United States

I cant make new post either.
4-17 17:13
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

HavocDante Posted at 4-17 17:13
I cant make new post either.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. The threshold for members to create new posts is 40 points.
You may click here for more information:
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &extra=page%3D1
Should you have any questions, please let us know.
4-17 19:05
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

BigDave110 Posted at 4-16 13:16
As long as I am connected to the drone and have GPS lock, it shows my correct location. If I turn on the RC2 alone, the map points to Beijing. Perhaps this is expected behavior, but I'm not sure why it would not cache the last known location rather than Beijing.

Hello. We recommend that you connect DJI RC 2 to a mobile phone hotspot. While connected to the aircraft, position it outdoors in a place with good GPS. If the positioning is successful, the current position will be refreshed.
yesterday 23:17
Use props
BigDave110
lvl.1

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 4-18 23:17
Hello. We recommend that you connect DJI RC 2 to a mobile phone hotspot. While connected to the aircraft, position it outdoors in a place with good GPS. If the positioning is successful, the current position will be refreshed.

I'm still trying to understand why the RC2 points to Bejing instead of the last known position. I know that it requires a connection to load new maps.
12 hours ago
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules