Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
S1 firmware update available.
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BGA
lvl.4
Brazil

There is a new firmware available for the S1 (there has been no accompanying app release). The firmware mentions being able to send and detect it shots and talks about controlling multiple robots, but it does not talk about the SDK support at all.

I am still on vacations (and now quarantined). Can someone else check if the SDK was enabled or not and report back?

2020-3-26
Use props
gpvillamil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210226 ft
United States

The Scratch interface is now able to detect IR shots.

In Python, in theory you can now enable multi-robot communications and the custom UI features. I'm still getting to grips with it, but the auto-complete does bring up the UI elements. I am trying to get my hands on an example program that 1) sets  up a custom UI 2) for communication among robots on a team, basically you have on-screen buttons to broadcast messages to your teammates.

Don't see anything about the SDK, but I am not the best source for that!
2020-3-26
Use props
wqiu
lvl.2

China

I test plain text SDK  with S1 latest FW,  can not connect with S1.   Port 40923 is not accessible by default.
2020-3-26
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
Brazil

wqiu Posted at 3-26 09:38
I test plain text SDK  with S1 latest FW,  can not connect with S1.   Port 40923 is not accessible by default.

So, still no sdk for the s1.
2020-3-26
Use props
wqiu
lvl.2

China

I think SDK for both S1 and EP is already there,  on github.  But S1 FW do not enable server inside.  
2020-3-26
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
Brazil

wqiu Posted at 3-26 17:51
I think SDK for both S1 and EP is already there,  on github.  But S1 FW do not enable server inside.

This is what I meant by no sdk for the S1. What the GitHub repo has is just a set of simple example programs.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, SDK is not supported on RoboMaster S1. And for your reference, the accompanying app for the latest firmware is v1.1.1 on iOS and Android/Windows/Mac V1.1.0. It has been released. Thanks for your attention.
2020-3-27
Use props
wqiu
lvl.2

China

BGA Posted at 3-27 01:13
This is what I meant by no sdk for the S1. What the GitHub repo has is just a set of simple example programs.

After rooting the S1, then login. Enable the plain text SDK by modifying dji_scratch.py.
2020-3-27
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
Brazil

DJI Thor Posted at 3-27 02:40
Hi there, SDK is not supported on RoboMaster S1. And for your reference, the accompanying app for the latest firmware is v1.1.1 on iOS and Android/Windows/Mac V1.1.0. It has been released. Thanks for your attention.

Not enabled on the S1 or a more fair assertion. The SDK is there, it is just disabled.
2020-3-27
Use props
BGA
lvl.4
Brazil

wqiu Posted at 3-27 04:19
After rooting the S1, then login. Enable the plain text SDK by modifying dji_scratch.py.
You can not modify any of the scripts as this will trigger a factory reset. You do not need to do it to enable the SDK anyway.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

BGA Posted at 3-27 08:35
Not enabled on the S1 or a more fair assertion. The SDK is there, it is just disabled.

I am sorry for the inconvenience, currently, we don't have plan to add SDK support on RoboMaster S1, but I will forward your feedback to our engineers to notice. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-4-1
Use props
JB63
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-1 20:00
I am sorry for the inconvenience, currently, we don't have plan to add SDK support on RoboMaster S1, but I will forward your feedback to our engineers to notice. Thank you for your understanding.

Sorry DJ Thor ... I have made several requests and in ALL of them, the moderator NEVER gets back to answer specific questions. It seems you guys just use that generic answer! I would rather the admin not answer than say we'd get back and never comes back. Let's be honest a bit, and keep to our commitments!
2020-4-1
Use props
djiuser_Wcog0vZP7ErN
New

United States

I need help, my S1’s chassis turns slower than the gimbal now. This is new and I think it is software related. Any suggestions?
2020-4-9
Use props
djiuser_xMm1pLUUOo2x
New
Finland

eager to the SDK for S1.
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules