Does anyone have an Inspire 1 that flies and transmit videos with no glitches?
2270 36 2015-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kenlow69
lvl.2

Singapore

I come on this forum to try to find solutions to my issues with my Inspire 1. But in the course of going through the threads here, I have not read of one praising the perfect flight experience.

So I am curious, does anyone on this forum have an Inspire 1 that does not fly away and transmit video with no issues?

My Ispire 1 flies with no issues, but I keep losing video even when the Inspire is just hovering 50m away. I am on the latest firmware.

My cousin who also have an Inspire also experience the same problem. And we are flying in an open field by the sea.
So for those that have perfectly working Inspire 1s, please post your experience here so that those of us with issues can have some hope.

2015-6-14
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

No problems. Many flights.
2015-6-14
Use props
houston
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21241217 ft
  • >>>
United States

I get very very few glitches but I am also always in line of sight, open area, usually no electrical lines and metal structures.
2015-6-14
Use props
mtnred
lvl.4
Flight distance : 91811 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have not done the latest update but did do the one before .She flies like a dream and video is great but not 4k .
2015-6-14
Use props
FictitiousPerso
lvl.4
Flight distance : 303356 ft
Austria

No problem here as Houston always line of site.
2015-6-14
Use props
doctrrf
lvl.3

United States

A few minor glitches on previous firmware versions. The current firmware has been rock-solid so far. Video works as advertised: good to about 2 kilometers at most locations I've flown at.
You say you are flying at an open field. (You probably already know this) but, good performance requires not only clear line-of-sight to your bird but good clearance 360 around you to prevent multi-path reflections.
2015-6-14
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

I used to have this problem but after latest updates I have perfect video feed.
(I Always fly "in sight" but it works a couple of hundred meters any ways.)  

I turn off the wifi and bluetooth on the device (iPhone 5) but leave the GSM on.

Antennas are "up and out" (as a V-shape) ...   
2015-6-14
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

No issues here!
2015-6-14
Use props
Yapstrapper
lvl.2

United States

houston Posted at 2015-6-15 00:07
I get very very few glitches but I am also always in line of sight, open area, usually no electrical ...

Same here just a few glitches on charging batteries
2015-6-14
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

No issues here flown upto 7000 feet los at 600 ft alt no video breaks at all...
2015-6-14
Use props
Wildcat Willie
lvl.3

Canada

No issues since they fixed the GPS/ATTI drop out issue...
2015-6-14
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Hi Kenlow,

Actually there are many positive posts but the unfortunate reality is these will always be drowned out by negative ones simply because people aren't as motivated to talk about things working perfectly.

Believe me, if thousands and thousands of owners were all having the problems described on the forum we would know about it.   

I posted this'll positive experience just yesterday and you'll find plenty of others like it:

http://forum.dji.com/thread-21098-1-1.html

Jim
2015-6-14
Use props
cziakas
lvl.3

United States

No problems with my Inspire 1. Video is crystal clear.
2015-6-14
Use props
SimplePanda
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1719062 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Same, no issues here.

It's the way it goes - the people with problems are the most vocal.

DJI has sold way more Phantoms and Inspire 1's than there are complaints.. and the reality is that most of the time you can see exactly what caused the problem when someone has a crash they are claiming is the manufacturers fault. There have certainly been bugs and issues but honestly most of these problems aren't crash inducing and the ones that are DJI has actually been fairly good about replacing the aircraft under warranty once they have logs to confirm.

The biggest problem I see with the I1 is that it's very much NOT an entry level quad and yet people are buying this thing as their "first" aircraft. That is pretty terrifying. The I1 has way too much power to be anyones first flying blender and people are putting these things in the air with no flight experience and just hoping to goodness that P-GPS mode will basically fly the thing for them (or worse, not understanding how little control they actually have in this mode).

I saw one Inspire 1 crash video in which the operator angrily declared this was obviously DJI's fault and that he's not inexperienced and has "dozens" of previous flights under his belt. Dozens! Unless it's twenty dozen I wouldn't let anyone with "dozens" of flights touch any of my aircraft, let alone anything near as potentially lethal as my I1.

But I digress...

For your particular issue (video drop) are you manually selecting a clean channel for RC or are you allowing it to do auto?
2015-6-14
Use props
EdgyMedia
lvl.4

Japan

I haven't had any problems at all.
2015-6-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Many flights, no issues except some video problems with the slave controller.  Never a problem with the master, never a problem with flight controls and never had the battery drop (where it drops from 50% remaining to 7% remaining).  No flyaways, no loss of control, nothing like that.
2015-6-14
Use props
jimhare
lvl.4
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-15 14:10
Many flights, no issues except some video problems with the slave controller.  Never a problem with  ...

Hey Pete,   

Had a friend who had trouble with the second remote.   He did some research and learned they communicate via wifi and was susceptible to near field interference.   

As soon as he turned wifi OFF on his phone the second controller went from horrible to perfect instantly.

Anything like that going on or have you already experimented with that?

Jim
2015-6-14
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

jimhare Posted at 2015-6-15 14:16
Hey Pete,   

Had a friend who had trouble with the second remote.   He did some research and lear ...

I will double check on the next flight.  Thanks for the tip.  The device gets set to airplane mode but I believe that allows wifi to continue to operate.
2015-6-15
Use props
kenlow69
lvl.2

Singapore

Thanks for all the great posts.

Gives me hope that there is hope.

I owned a Phantom Vision 2+ for a year before getting the Inspire 1. With the Phantom, I have had no issues at all. Video transmission had no interruption in the same field that I fly my Inspire 1.

Only thing I have not tried is turning off wifi on my tablets. I will try that on both my iPad and android tablet the next time I fly.

As mentioned before, I get the "No Signal" message even when the Inspire is just hovering 50m away from me with direct line of sight and nothing between the craft and the RC. I bought the Inspire 1 with the extra remote, so I tried switching the slave to master, but I still get the same issue losing the video signal  very often. I tried going fro auto to manual, but I still lose the signal. Craft and both RCs are updated with latest firmware.

The craft flies well otherwise. Stable as a rock. So I suspect it may be an issue with the video transmitter.

I am glad to hear of owners with no issues with their Inspire. I just hope that I can get mine to that level soon. The "No Signal" issue seems to be hitting quite a few owners, I hope DJI will be able to isolate what is causing this issue.
2015-6-15
Use props
kenlow69
lvl.2

Singapore

Just wanted to update that I have been flying my I1 almost daily now, and I have noticed that the "Signal Lost" message occurs less often now. Maybe 3-4 times in a 13 minute flight.

I am using the advanced FPVLR kit for the I1 and was confident enough to make a few long range flights up to 2.2km distance. Flight controls were not an issue at all, full signal all the way out and back.

Video signal was rock solid out to about 1.8km. The signal bars started dropping then, at 2.2km, Video signal was down to 2 bars. But video clarity was still good except for some pixel defects at that distance. When the "Signal Lost" message came on, it took about 5 seconds for the video to come back, enough time for the "Video signal lost, return to home?" message to pop up on my tablet.

I am getting up to 20 satellite locks, so the RTH function was not an issue at all.

Overall I am pretty please with the I1's performance. Only the video signal loss issue is a minus for me now.

2015-6-24
Use props
peter.psilver
lvl.3

United Kingdom

After I crashed my I1 (my fault) I noticed the ribbon cable had come out,  after pushing it back in the camera worked again, although on further testing I kept getting the no signal message. DJI repaired my Inspire and replaced the ribbon cable - all ok now. What I'm thinking is the ribbon connections aren't as good as they should be. Perhaps they work loose, it may be worth checking them out.
2015-6-24
Use props
snowyowl1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646024 ft
Canada

Had small crash with mine on 3rd flight took off, on me .sent to DJI. It was covered under warranty,have had it back for about 2 months and have 38  14min to 10min flights and have had no issues,it's been Solid.
I fly a lot of pipeline ROWs for oil companies and its sometimes pretty tight  perimeters between trees plus 10knts plus wind and she has been very very stable.but I haven't updated firmware yet Don't think I will why mess with a good thing unless you have to.
2015-7-1
Use props
Fred D
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56184 ft
Canada

arunmehta Posted at 2015-6-15 03:31

You have GREAT eyes, to be able to see your I1 at over a mile (6680 feet) away and 600 feet up
2015-7-2
Use props
stclassic01
lvl.1

United States

Flew my I1 6 times with no issues. Then I updated the FW all was good on the I1 but the controller would not take the FW update. called DJI support and they said send it to them. "Now DJI California has had my Inspire 1 longer than I have!"  But when I flew it, it performed perfectly. ( always line of sight)
After the FW update everything on the I1 worked, I had complete control of the camera and gimbal but no video feed to my Samsung Tab4 10.1. (it worked the 6 flights I did get to fly it.)
SO still waiting to here from DJI. (did get 1 message that it is in Queie, but haven't heard anything since.)
Your not going to believe this!!! I went to my email to find out how to spell Queue correctly and I received an email just now from DJI!!! they found the controller was bad, they replaced it and are sending me a tracking number! WAAHHHOOOO!!!!!
2015-7-2
Use props
markaguille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Perfect here. Touch wood.
2015-7-3
Use props
Grimtheviking
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11796312 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Solid up until latest app update, now I am getting latency and signal loss message, have reverted back to previous android app and all looks good again, Samsung TabS,
2015-7-4
Use props
PaoloMelini
New

Guatemala

No problem here, had some glitches when the inspire is at maximun flying distance which i think are normal
2015-7-4
Use props
JKT
lvl.4

United States

You can lower the quality on the image on the app and that will help you....Spcially those who are using iPhones and mini Ipads
2015-7-4
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

PeteGould Posted at 2015-6-15 21:42
I will double check on the next flight.  Thanks for the tip.  The device gets set to airplane mode ...

Pete
I believe wifi will not work if you're device is put into airplane mode. I don't use a two controller setup, but I'm wondering if you'd get better/proper performance if you left wifi on between the two tablets being used with your controllers, but also making sure you've put your smartphone's wifi off.
BTW: I was having loss of video signal so much on older FW that I thought that was normal or good as it gets. But with the latest Firmware, I've had ZERO video loss or other glitches. It's been perfect!
2015-7-4
Use props
shawnpete76
lvl.2

United States

No problems here,  over 200 miles of flight.
2015-7-4
Use props
rjs21989
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2858701 ft
  • >>>
United States

No problems here either...
2015-7-6
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47674 ft
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-6-15 03:31

Dude 7000 feet 600 feet alt. first I lose visual at 1000 feet out 400 feet alt is max ceiling how are you Visual at this distance I am not bashing your statement just curious how you can see that well. And how did you get it over 400 feet I thought this was max for both the inspre and the P3. I have never attempted to fly higher just thought the fence was programmed to a max 400 feet alt.
2015-7-7
Use props
PeteGould
lvl.4

United States

Inspire1flyer Posted at 2015-7-5 05:49
Pete
I believe wifi will not work if you're device is put into airplane mode. I don't use a two con ...

Actually turning wifi off was part of the idea, the theory being that wifi between the mobile devices was interfering with the communications between the two controllers.  Several people have reported that turning wifi OFF on the mobile devices used in a dual controller configuration was key to glitch-free operation.
2015-7-7
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Kenrwi Posted at 2015-7-7 20:53
Dude 7000 feet 600 feet alt. first I lose visual at 1000 feet out 400 feet alt is max ceiling how  ...

max programmed height into the app is 1600 feet or 500 meters..i carry a 7x50 marine bino ..los is the only way to keep wifi connection even if you can not visually see...7000 nfeet was like i was testing the limits normaly i fly 100-200 feet for pictures and video
2015-7-9
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

arunmehta Posted at 2015-7-10 06:57
max programmed height into the app is 1600 feet or 500 meters..i carry a 7x50 marine bino ..los is  ...

Well I didnt know you could go over 400 feet in the app. I am suprised that DJI allows that concidering the geo fence they program for airports etc. Thanks for the info though.
2015-7-10
Use props
Kenrwi
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

So far it has worked perfectly for me. No video drop outs at all or connection loss. I have always updated to the latest firmwear as well. I use an ipad air and have ios 8.4 on it.
2015-7-10
Use props
DJI-Dave
lvl.4

United States

I know my vote will not count as much in some peoples eyes. But I do have an Inspire and I fly all the time. I have never had any trouble or issues with it. None at all.
2015-7-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules