Mavic mini fly away lost
6177 13 2020-3-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ligJHAXOjhx3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 610988 ft
Brazil

I fly with Mavic Mini and the first Mavic.

Today I was flying with the Mini when suddenly it became unresponsive to the controls and even the return home did not work.

The magic flew away in a totally wrong oath and disappeared. I lost my magic.

I'd like to know if it is possible to get a refund from DJI due this terrible incident and the consequent lossit caused.

How can I upload my flight data to this forum? You will be able to see that  even pushing the controls forward the magic was going backwards.

Many thanks
2020-3-26
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'd like to know if it is possible to get a refund from DJI due this terrible incident and the consequent lossit caused.
First thing to look at is what was the cause of the incident.

How can I upload my flight data to this forum? You will be able to see that  even pushing the controls forward the magic was going backwards.

You'l find directions here:  https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
After doing that post a link here.
2020-3-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear about the loss of your drone. Please contact our support to start a ticket, we will help to proceed with data analysis as the drone is under warranty period, if it's a warranty case, we will compensate the drone according to After-Sales Policy.
Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support
2020-3-27
Use props
ligJHAXOjhx3
lvl.2
Brazil

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GKNHCEV2BWG6B3FTWT4L

Please find the flight log with the proper information, needless to say when I tried to return the drone was unresponsive to all my commands and if I lower it to  a certain level it was disconnecting from remote control.

I appreciate your help to verify what could cause it and how I have to proceed.

Many thanks
Marco Marques
2020-3-27
Use props
ligJHAXOjhx3
lvl.2
Brazil

https://app.airdata.com/share/thwiDX

I also upload to air data so it can be confronted with the other Log

Many Thanks

Marco Marques
2020-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

ligJHAXOjhx3 Posted at 3-27 06:22
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/GKNHCEV2BWG6B3FTWT4L

Please find the flight log with the proper information, needless to say when I tried to return the drone was unresponsive to all my commands and if I lower it to  a certain level it was disconnecting from remote control.

First .. you launched with the battery at 74%
Only launch with a fully charged battery.

From 6:37.9 You left the drone hovering at 95 metres.
It was not able to hold position and was slowly being blown away at 2-3 metres/sec because the wind up there was too strong for the Mini.

At 6:41.7 you initiated RTH with the Mini 227 metres from home.
But you left the Mini up at 95 metres where the wind was too strong for it to hold position.
RTH will only fly at 8 metres/sec in still air.
If it has to fight against a wind of >8 m/s, the drone will be blown backwards, and that's what happened.

At 7:30.1 (302 metres from home) you cancelled RTH but didn't make much effort to bring the drone back manually.
At 7:37.2 your Mini started to descend without corresponding joystick input and even continued descending when you pushed the left stick up.

You initiated RTH again at 7:57.4 (401 metres from home & altitude 60 metres)
Strangely, in RTH the drone was able to maintain altitude and the uncommanded descent stopped.
But the drone was still being blown slowly away.

You cancelled RTH at 8:42.2 but still made no proper effort to fly back manually and left the mini to be blown further away.
At 9:55.8 (58 metres up and 592 metres away) the uncommanded descent started again.
You initiated RTH again at 10:21.9 but this time it did not stop the uncommanded descent.
At 10:29.2 the Mini had descended to 47 metres and was finally starting to make headway (very slowly) against the headwind with full right stick to increase speed.
Distance was now 631 metres and reducing at approx 0.5 m/s.
With full left stick up, it was also slowly descending.
But the Mini's other fatal fault started showing up.
Although you had the right stick full forward for Max Speed, the pitch angle was not maintained and the Mini slowed down and was again being blown backwards.

Signal was lost with the drone, 680 metres from home, still being blown further backwards and losing altitude.

The loss of your Mini was due to two factors.
1.  You had no idea what you were doing.
You weren't aware of the wind up high and how it affected the drone.
You shouldn't have flown downwind in a strong wind situation.
But if you had descended to get the drone out of the strong wind early on, you still could have brought it home.

2.  The two fatal flaws of the Mavic Mini also helped.
It was descending without joystick input and kept descending even with full throttle.
The pitch angle with full right joystick input was not maintained which reduced teh speed.

The Mavic Mini is not safe to fly because of these faults that have affected too many Mavic Minis and continue to.

I'm not sure how DJI would handle your case because your poor flying probably would have lost the Mini even without the faults of the Mini.
2020-3-27
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

Sorry for your loss, but in this case I'm certain that DJI will refuse any kind of refunds ... this wasn't any FlyAway, it was a pure BlowAway.

Surely you now that the Mini's wind spec is max 8m/s ... and that the RTH mode is much weaker then Sport mode ... and that the wind speeds are stronger on higher altitudes ... because you have read the full user manual ... or ?

You pretty soon after take of ascended up to 60m & took off into a headwind ... all fine then. But then you ascended even higher, up to 92m & started to drift downwind. Later you initiated RTH twice & cancelled it twice ... & all the time still blowing away. You didn't during the whole flight descend at all ... just stayed up there until you lost connection and failsafe RTH was auto initiated, but in vain as the wind speeds were much faster then your Mini in RTH mode.

If you had switched to Sport mode, descended quickly & maneuvered it back you probably hadn't lost it.

In the end of the flight the Mini loses altitude uncommanded ... which is a well known phenomenion, but in this case DJI will just focus on the wind conditions & reject all other oddities in the end.

3D.jpg

The winds during your flight ...

2020-3-27
Use props
ligJHAXOjhx3
lvl.2
Brazil

Thank you for the replies, In fact I did not notice that the wind was so strong and in fact it was not that strong at least at ground level.

I believed that the Drone was not responding due some failure in the connection and remote control, not due wind issues.

Said that I loved the Mini but with this constraints I do not think it is a good product at all. I fly with the magic sine 2017 with no problem even when I get some wind messages in the screen.

I did not use the sport mode may if I had this idea I could had saved my drone but this is not something I use normally.

I'm surprised how weak this drone is , being able  to fly that high and that long ilI expected something more powerful. I can assure there was not windy at all. Thank you for the replies
2020-3-27
Use props
BSB
New
Flight distance : 36926 ft
United States

ligJHAXOjhx3 Posted at 3-27 18:05
Thank you for the replies, In fact I did not notice that the wind was so strong and in fact it was not that strong at least at ground level.

I believed that the Drone was not responding due some failure in the connection and remote control, not due wind issues.

I had an actual fly away.  The drone was barely 40 feet from me and in flight for 1 minute when it lost connection and just took off.  DJI will just make an excuse and blame you for the problem with their device.
2020-3-31
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

BSB Posted at 3-31 12:09
I had an actual fly away.  The drone was barely 40 feet from me and in flight for 1 minute when it lost connection and just took off.  DJI will just make an excuse and blame you for the problem with their device.

Hiya,

Best is to start a new thread and upload your flightlog.

link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB

2020-3-31
Use props
djiuser_FB5Goeat65XC
New

Croatia

ligJHAXOjhx3 Posted at 2020-3-27 18:05

Hy,

my DJI Mavic Mini drone did the same thing, can I ask what happened at the end, did you get it replaced or refunded by DJI?

I cannot believe they let such a faulty product out on the market. Incredibly dangerous.
2021-2-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_FB5Goeat65XC Posted at 2-27 09:42
Hy,

my DJI Mavic Mini drone did the same thing, can I ask what happened at the end, did you get it replaced or refunded by DJI?

I cannot believe they let such a faulty product out on the market. Incredibly dangerous.
I cannot believe they let such faulty drone operators out . Incredibly dangerous.
Flying machines are complex devices and there's a lot to learn before you can fly them proficiently.
What makes you so sure it was a problem with the drone?

If you want to find out what really happened to your drone, see the first reply in this thread.
2021-2-27
Use props
Teshijooz
New
Flight distance : 16706 ft
Australia

This look like it is happening to everyone. The same thing happened to me as soon as i turned the drone on and left on the floor to fly its, it took off not responding to the controller.

i had 20 second video recorder automatically but it is not enough to know where the drone gone.

i will not recomand this product if this is happening to everyone unless the system is fixed.

must call out all the drone to be fixed.

we worked hard for the money we spend to by this drone.
2021-11-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Teshijooz Posted at 11-12 16:57
This look like it is happening to everyone. The same thing happened to me as soon as i turned the drone on and left on the floor to fly its, it took off not responding to the controller.     i had 20 second video recorder automatically but it is not enough to know where the drone gone.

i will not recomand this product if this is happening to everyone unless the system is fixed.

It's not happening to everyone.
With no knowledge of how the drone works or how to fly it, you had an incident  but don't know what caused it.
But somehow you feel you have the knowledge to say that the drone was faulty.
Read the explanation for the incident earlier in this thread and it explains what caused the loss of that drone.
It wasn't faulty at all, the inexperience of person flying it was the issue.

must call out all the drone to be fixed.

If you are interested to find out what happened in your case, you'll find instructions earlier in this thread to help.
2021-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules