Why Autoland in this Flight?
1003 5 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Havent flown this unit for 8 months and did a LItchi waypoint flight. At the end, after I ordered rth I thought I was landing the drone manually, but it was rather an awkward but succefull landing. The attached is the flight record and I would appreciate some input so I can figure out what I did wrong. More specifically why it was in autolanding mode whcih may explain the awkward final touchdown.https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/SH7WOAGINS1MN0098PO1

Thanks

2020-3-27
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

check your settings for low battery
2020-3-27
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

When AC is in manual or auto RTH the AC will autoland after reaching Home Point unless the operator cancels either RTH or autoland.
2020-3-27
Use props
Mark The Droner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

If you have RTH set to fly home and land, it will fly home and land.  You can steer it down with the controller but you can't stop it from landing unless you cancel the RTH.  So your ability to steer it down might have misled you into thinking you had full control.  
2020-3-27
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I would appreciate some input so I can figure out what I did wrong. More specifically why it was in autolanding mode whcih may explain the awkward final touchdown.
The autolanding started when the drone had returned to above the home point.
That's how it is programmed and what it does.
It would have landed smoothly, close to the launch point if you hadn't fought against it.
That's what caused the awkward touchdown.

You can cancel RTH and land for yourself or you can let it do what it's programmed to.
But fighting against the automated landing is never a good idea.

2020-3-27
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

Thanks all. I thought I had cancelled rth, must must not have.
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules