DJI Fly 1.0.8 for IOS now available in US
1471 18 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

Just updated the app.  I'm at work so can't test it.
DJI Fly  Screen Shot.jpg
2020-3-27
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Yeah same in Europe .
2020-3-27
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

updated. cannot wait to fly
2020-3-27
Use props
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

1. manual white balance in Video-mode +
2. different options for behaviour due to loss of signal (RTH - decend - hovering) +
3. vibration alert when wind is too strong +

still no manual shutter speed and ISO in video -
top line of screen still hard to read -

just wait for new FW...
2020-3-27
Use props
Occams Razor
Second Officer
Flight distance : 423497 ft
United States

UweE Posted at 3-27 07:41
1. manual white balance in Video-mode +
2. different options for behaviour due to loss of signal (RTH - decend - hovering) +
3. vibration alert when wind is too strong +

The update states that it "Fixes crashing issues" so maybe they have addressed the uncontrolled descents.
2020-3-27
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

Occams Razor Posted at 3-27 07:48
The update states that it "Fixes crashing issues" so maybe they have addressed the uncontrolled descents.

I think that the crashing issue is for the DJI app not the drone.

People were experienced unexpected crash in the app while flying their drone.
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_Mteg4dn1uffb
lvl.2

United States

Still using 1.0.6 I tried to update via dji fly app said it currently up to date I got no idea why
2020-3-27
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

Finally got it. Just clicked update in play store and it downloaded. Went into the fly app and it unzipped and updated the app. Checked white balance and it's working. Have to see if it makes for even better flying
2020-3-27
Use props
BobWinNV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_Mteg4dn1uffb Posted at 3-27 09:21
Still using 1.0.6 I tried to update via dji fly app said it currently up to date I got no idea why

It wasn't the firmware that updated in the past several days it was the app itself that went to 1.0.8

Hopefully we will have a firmware update coming soon as we haven't seen one since the end of last year (12/31/19).
2020-3-27
Use props
djiuser_Mteg4dn1uffb
lvl.2

United States

BobWinNV Posted at 3-27 09:36
It wasn't the firmware that updated in the past several days it was the app itself that went to 1.0.8

Hopefully we will have a firmware update coming soon as we haven't seen one since the end of last year (12/31/19).

Got it to work i have to uninstall and reinstall again. What is 1.0.8 for not see any different any idea?? BTW thanks
2020-3-27
Use props
Harpermike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11447 ft
United States

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 3-27 09:28
Finally got it. Just clicked update in play store and it downloaded. Went into the fly app and it unzipped and updated the app. Checked white balance and it's working. Have to see if it makes for even better flying

Yep, me too.  Loving manual white balance.  I didn’t experience the infamous loss of power crashes so I can’t comment on that.  
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Glad to know it is available for you, please test it at your most convenience and keep us updated if there is any problem.
2020-3-28
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 02:12
Glad to know it is available for you, please test it at your most convenience and keep us updated if there is any problem.

Hi Mindy, can you please report that the WB function in manual mode is not switching to camera view when interacting with the slider adjustment on iOS.  It would appear that on Android, when the slider is held the screen switches to camera view temporarily to allow visualisation of changes, this is not happening on iOS.
2020-3-28
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-28 02:12

+1 on what TDZHDTV said.... it's very cumbersome to manually adjust the WB on iOS without seeing the image.......
2020-3-28
Use props
snoopkakapo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106020 ft
Czechia

I'm disappointed with this update. Manual white balance is good, but I expected manual shutter speed, manual ISO and flat profile as well.

The outline of the icons looks ugly, the readability doesn't improve, the subtle shadows looked much better.
2020-3-28
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

TDZHDTV Posted at 3-28 02:57
Hi Mindy, can you please report that the WB function in manual mode is not switching to camera view when interacting with the slider adjustment on iOS.  It would appear that on Android, when the slider is held the screen switches to camera view temporarily to allow visualisation of changes, this is not happening on iOS.

Thanks for your feedback, we will forward it to our engineers for attention and keep you updated.
2020-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Ice_2k Posted at 3-28 03:17
+1 on what TDZHDTV said.... it's very cumbersome to manually adjust the WB on iOS without seeing the image.......

No worries, we have reported it to our engineers for attention.
2020-3-29
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I have 60 hours of flights on MM and never had a problem at all.  Updated to the new app on iPhone7+ and iPad Mini4 to DJI Fly 1.08 as well a new IOS 13.4 and had no issue with 3 hours of flying yesterday.
2020-3-29
Use props
AE1M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1862884 ft
United States

I have 60 hours of flights on MM and never had a problem at all.  Updated to the new app on iPhone7+ and iPad Mini4 to DJI Fly 1.08 as well a new IOS 13.4 and had no issue with 3 hours of flying yesterday.
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules