Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Step By Step Youtube Livestream
5430 17 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

This is the Step By Step Livestream for Youtube How to correctly get it to work
1. DJI Mimi App ver 1.2.2 required . DJI Osmo Action camera fw 108.00.10 required. you are not with the  both  firmwares then it wil not work.
Step 1
Open App  (IOS App shown)

Step 2
App is searching for the connection

Step 3
Press Connect of your OA, if you have two chose the right one.

Step 4
Press Join

Step 5    program is connecting

Step 6. finishing up

Step 7
Swipe left until  the Modes go  to Livestream, if photo is the last one then you are not with the latest firmware.

Step 8
Choose Facebook or youtube, if t he first time see steps 21 -23.  

Step 9 chosen youtube

Step 10
Pay close attention to your wifi and or  carrier  signal you must be connected or an error pops up as shown (sprints wifi is  off, causing the network error)

Step 11
Properly connected with LTE, Wifi etc

Step 12
Signed in to your  Router no spaces or special symbols. 2.4, 5G, Mobile hotspot

Step 13
Enter in your SSID,  and Password, example SSID 1234,   pasw12345

Step 14
If Mobile Hotspot is chosen  this is  locate your hotspot and enable it.

Step 15
Located on ISO swipe  to show up/down and   gray icon turns greem for hotspot

Step 16
Youtube you do not need but put a title to it

Step 17
Choose public, unlisted  private

Step 18
Choose HD or Smooth

Step 19
Chose a bitrate low or high

Step 20
Enable or disable save to copy only HD1080P is offered and after stream back to thevideo it defaults HD1080P30f

Step 21
if not signed in sign in and follow prompts  

Step 22

Step 23

Step 24
ready to stream

Step 25

Step 26
If stream fails this is a messege,  saying make sure your SSID is correct and the network on

Step 27
You are not streaming until you complete Youtubes manage page.

Step 28
Mobile smartphone Open in a web browser Youtube and chose desktop  Apps do not work and only the older platform "Classic" works.

Step 29

Step 30
Locate the Live and start looking for Livestreaming to the right side

Step 31
Also located to the left

Step 32
find the control room

Step 33
You can correct and eidit if like, follow the steps 1, 2, live

Step 34
Hit preview

Step 35

Step 36
Almost there. you'll see the start stream icon

Step 37

step 38
You are now Officially Streaming

Step 39
You may finish up by closing down and congratulate yourself  you  got to Livestream.

As this should help  you out.  Any questions Ask.

FISH

2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Here is what I wanted to show and get "you" started"  Any questions?  ASK!  you click the photo, you comment on youtube do ya? Lol.
2020-3-27
Use props
BIGDZ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10255860 ft
  • >>>
United States

Swipe Left??? little more detail, I swipe left and it swipes out of the app.
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

BIGDZ Posted at 3-27 10:08
Swipe Left??? little more detail, I swipe left and it swipes out of the app.

my advice is on the photo you have the issue will be Numbered. the 7th photo  you are on FW 1.08 and App ver 1.2.2. you will see Live stream as you swipe left.
2020-3-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wow, that is a lot of printscreens
2020-3-27
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-27 13:31
Wow, that is a lot of printscreens

Picphonics at its Best!
2020-3-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Fishycomics Posted at 3-27 13:41
Picphonics at its Best!

Oh yes, most def.
2020-3-28
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2020-3-28
Use props
peiter
lvl.4
Denmark

Thats a lot of work for mediocre video, i think i will prefer to record in 4K and then upload to whatever at my convenience.
I am not watching anything 720 p, and i would not ask others to do so either, to me its like " so you want the news,,,,, here is a newspaper"

I am not filming anything "breaking" news / whatever, never have, never will.

And if anyone of the 10 people that have my phone number have misunderstood something, and try to initiate a video call with me, they will just have to sit there looking at their phone for a while and then give up.
I have also learned that many stream them self playing some video game, but with a stream of them self in the picture too,,,,,,, now why the hell would you do something stupid like that ( yes i know that some kids make a ton of money doing just that )

Some things in the world / tech i just do not get at all.
2020-3-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

peiter Posted at 3-29 01:29
Thats a lot of work for mediocre video, i think i will prefer to record in 4K and then upload to whatever at my convenience.
I am not watching anything 720 p, and i would not ask others to do so either, to me its like " so you want the news,,,,, here is a newspaper"

Excellent pointer.  and a Excellent Opinion.   Mustek DV 3000 camera 320x240 res, 8mb card .  Made  the first page of Youtube when  they were starting out.   back then this was Quality for me, today it is 8K cameras'  People have to have the Best, want the best, can not afford the best.  They do with what they got.  DJI is behind, not the best, offers what they  cando, and that we can not simply say.

Thanks DJI we appreciate the  Livestream feature.   or please anyone  at all.

I never Disagreed, I totally agree   it's the Lifetime moments, a priceless moment, for me , that said.

Thanks

FISH

2020-3-29
Use props
Kyyberi
New
Finland

Thanks, I almost made it...
I can start the livestream, Osmo says it's live. On my Youtube channel it shows the stream as "waiting to start". If I go to youtube.com with my mobile (using computer version) and go to live streaming, it wants to start a new live stream with my mobile phone camera. I can't find an event that is going on, and therefore find any preview stuff.

Example, I start a livestream with name Kyyberi on my Osmo. It starts the livestream, and when I go to youtube it says that stream Kyyberi is waiting to start. When I click that event, it says no data incoming. At the same time Osmo says livestreaming and the counter goes on.

Android Note 9 mobile. Can anyone help?
Edit: I can go to Youtube Studio on my mobile browser, and get the stream going. It shows the preview on Youtube Studio, guess that is enough to stream. Can't get the preview to show in DJI app.
2020-6-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

on the Mobile   I go to a browser   then on there it must be desktop version   other then that. its complex and waste of my time to sit there to do it.
2020-6-14
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

a very helpful if not thread
2020-6-20
Use props
Manguz
lvl.2
United States

Step 12
Signed in to your  Router no spaces or special symbols. 2.4, 5G, Mobile hotspot
This was the issue for me.  Could not get my SSID to show up.

The key was DJI seems to have a very narrow view of what a legal  network/SSID name is. They do not like spaces in the name.  Once i created a guest network with a very simple numbers only name, it all worked.

Thanks again........Fishycomics for the win!
2020-6-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

t oall again doing it live at 8:30 how to
2020-6-21
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

BUMp to the top again
2021-4-10
Use props
fansf56c2360
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

What to do if you can't connect a Mi9 Android phone to Osmo Action at all. The camera shows up, try to connect, 'Failed to connect'.
Factory reset, Wi-Fi reset, 5.8Ghz, 2.4Ghz. Last firmware, last App update.
NOTHING WORKS! Is it so difficult for DJI to make something at least close to what competitors does?
2022-7-5
Use props
djiuser_hfoHIfL4fjWm
New

United States

I have two remarks:

1) on 2023-Sep-11 virtually none of the steps (screen shots) synchronize with youtube in it's current web version (desktop)

2) anything that requires that much explanation might be better suited for rocket science, not retail use. Surely this can be made more intuitive and simple.
2023-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules