FW release rate?: Three months since last FW update
699 5 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
No Original Thought
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

I received my OP in November last year (2019) and immediately received a Firmware update.

The following month I received the December update.

Maybe I was lulled into a false sense of the release schedule because the first update I received was probably a few months old when I released it (was it?), but things have been quiet for 2020 so far.

I realise that the whole CoViD-19 / nCoV19 situation is probably hitting development schedules, but what is the usual FW release rate for the OP based on it having been available for a couple of years now.

Is three months without an update normal or unusual?

There are lots of feature requests in these forums and it would be fantastic to see even a few of them implemented so that we know that the camera is stil considered current and still being developed.

(I know I'm probably being impatient, but this thing sjust has soooo much potential!)

-FM

2020-3-27
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No sure about timing on the next firmware.
Keep in mind that since the device came out over a year ago, I would only expect the device to have FW updates for product fixes if needed and not so much more for product enhancements. When the device first came out they have added a lot of features, but am not expecting too much more in the current version of the OSMO Pocket.
If they ever come out with a version 2 of the device, I think then you would see feature enhancements to a newer device.
2020-3-27
Use props
RobCass
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

No sure about timing on the next firmware.
Keep in mind that since the device came out over a year ago, I would only expect the device to have FW updates for product fixes if needed and not so much more for product enhancements. When the device first came out they have added a lot of features, but am not expecting too much more in the current version of the OSMO Pocket.
If they ever come out with a version 2 of the device, I think then you would see feature enhancements to a newer device.
2020-3-27
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The firmware release frequency is not fixed, it depends on customers' feedback of the product, customers' need and the develop degree from our R&D team and so on. Once the new firmware is released, DJI Mimo will pop-up notification when connecting to the network, we will also post Release Notes in Forum. Thanks for your understanding.
2020-3-27
Use props
sincabeza
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2508911 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

DJI Mindy,
alot of users asked DJI about DNG for Time/Hyperlapse in next FW update.
Please, its a realy important and urgent thing. Can it be done ?
2020-3-27
Use props
Bons
lvl.3
Italy

I got in touch with DJI technical support several times because Osmo Pocket has an issue. When you take a vertical photo and import the dng file on Lightroom the rendered photo is displayed with a strange discolored band.
After careful analysis I got a feedback from your engineers. They have located the issue successfully and told me that it would be fixed with the next firmware update. I got the feedback on January 4th. I have been waiting for 3 months and the firmware is still not updated.
I enclose the DJI technical support response by email. Other users have asked several times to make changes with a new firmware. I hope they are working on a big update.
Come on DJI !!! Hurry up!!

2020-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules