A trip to the mountains goes horribly wrong
702 5 2020-3-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ray_Dunakin
Second Officer
United States

On March 19th I had the rare (for me) opportunity to go to Mt. Laguna during a significant snow storm. It had already been snowing during the previous two days, so there was 6-8 inches of snow on the ground when I arrived, and more coming down.

The trees were decorated with a heavy blanket of snow that turned stately pines into fanciful Christmas trees:

Oaks and other deciduous trees were transformed as well:

Winds were light, and I was able to make numerous flights with my drone. I flew it over, around, under, and between the snow-draped trees, often while snow was still falling, and captured some truly epic video footage and stills:

I went home satisfied with the both the experience, and the amount of great video I had shot.

Then...DISASTER!!

I couldn't find the microSD card that had all of my best footage from the drone! Somehow I had lost it after putting in a new card. All I had were the last two, brief flights that were on the new card.

Two days later after most of the snow had melted I went back to the place where I had removed the full card from the drone. This was on a little-used driveway to a private observatory. I searched through the remaining snow and ice that still covered portions of the asphalt, but no luck.     

2020-3-27
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

I feel your loss!   Amazing pics!  Thanks for sharing with us!
2020-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh boy.
That really sucks.
Hope you will recover it someday.
2020-3-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Still some nice shots though!
2020-3-28
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Cool shots, but oh, the pain!
2020-3-28
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

That really sucks. You did capture some nice shots.
2020-3-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules