751 7 2020-3-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cipri
lvl.1
Flight distance : 407001 ft
Italy

Hi all,
I'm trying to level up my time lapses and did some tests on the ronin s with the motion lapse function.
The sequence is really shaky even if it's everything balanced and tested. The setup is GH5 + 18-35 Sigma so I don't think that there isseus with the weight.
With the stabilizer of an NLE it gets really better but the subject is flat (just the sky and the sun), I'm worried that once there's movement in the footage, the stabilizer is going to make weird artefacts. Does anyone found a way to have a nice and smooth motion lapse? Thanks
2020-3-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Cipri, for more stable motion lapse, we recommend to enable the mute shutter of the camera, and avoid other external factors interfering when shooting. For the small jitter, it can be eliminated by the third-party software, and the effect will be greatly improved.
2020-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Were you outdoor with wind?
2020-3-30
Use props
Cipri
lvl.1
Italy

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-30 04:24
Hi Cipri, for more stable motion lapse, we recommend to enable the mute shutter of the camera, and avoid other external factors interfering when shooting. For the small jitter, it can be eliminated by the third-party software, and the effect will be greatly improved.

Hi, actually there were not external factors and the stabilizer, even if improved the footage, is still moving weird...the problem is that it moves in all directions so it take lot of work to have a fluid sequence...
2020-3-31
Use props
Cipri
lvl.1
Italy

Montfrooij Posted at 3-30 23:06
Were you outdoor with wind?

No, it was indoor
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Cipri Posted at 3-31 05:24
No, it was indoor

That is strange.
2020-3-31
Use props
kanapee
lvl.1
Austria

@Cipri I wouldn’t use the Ronin S for a Motion lapse. You have too much movement, as you experienced in the entire setup.
2020-4-20
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think Mindy's saying to try using 'silent shutter', as the shutter actuation may be vibrating the camera.  This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as the Ronin-S should be able to handle the small vibration of the shutter.  

My experience with the Ronin-S is that it does not stay stable during a static time-lapse.  So, a tripod is the way to go for that.  For a timelapse with an automated pan/tilt, I think the Ronin-S does best as it's constantly moving.  

For motion lapse, using After Effects to track and stabilize is the way to go.  I have a friend, Scott Herder, who made a course about it.  It's called Hyperflow Masterclass.
2020-4-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules