Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
WiFi interference with GPS computers
206 3 3-30 03:32
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
K.R.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25623 ft

Germany

Dear DJI Developer Team,

This issue is known for several months and I hoped that this would be solved by a future firmware release. Now a new firmware was released and this issue hasn't been adressed again.

Issue:

The DJI Osmo action interferes at least with most if not all GPS bike computers (confirmed:  Garmin, Sigma, Wahoo) and cancels out the GPS signal of those devices.

If you switch on the Osmo Action the GPS computer looses the GPS fix. This means that you can't track and film at the same time for cases if you use a handle bar mount for both bike computer and camera.

Please add a feature to disable the WiFi of the Osmo Action ('airplane mode').

This is may be an hour of work but a large benefit since it also saves the battery.

Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQ7da9h0Xzw

3-30 03:32
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft

Hi K.R., we appreciate your feedback about Osmo Action and sorry for the inconvenience caused, the issue will be forwarded to our engineers for attention. We will keep improving our products, please note the future update.
3-30 23:59
Use props
K.R.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25623 ft

Germany

Still no solution to this issue. This make the Osmo Action worthless for all cyclists...
I think I will switch to Gopro now.
5-19 01:16
Use props
Interceptor_Alpha
lvl.2
United States

K.R. Posted at 5-19 01:16
Still no solution to this issue. This make the Osmo Action worthless for all cyclists...
I think I will switch to Gopro now.
My guy. I reported the inability to disable wifi connection and use bluetooth only, because it makes your phone a brick, last year now. No internet connection while connected.

If I am using my phone with my Osmos Action, it is to share things quick. Unfortubately I have to connect to wifi. Give locstion for some reason. Wait for it to connect then pull what I want off. Then turn off my wifi. Wait for my phone to switch back to cellular. Then I can do what I want.

I should be able to do this without ever having to disconnect my camera or losing internet. Even if it is at the cost of battery life, transfer speed, etc.
5-24 23:08
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules