59386 30 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Samoth
lvl.3
Flight distance : 95640 ft
Belgium

Hello,

I don't understand why the Mavic Mini doesn't have this fly mode. It should be capable, since it can turn around a point of interest, it is then capable of following an object.
So why not adding this flight mode in DJI Fly app?
2020-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I believe active track was just added the other day.
2020-3-30
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Samoth, thanks for your suggestion, we'll forward your request to the related team.
2020-3-31
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

Montfrooij Posted at 3-30 23:18
I believe active track was just added the other day.

Yeah, I saw the pictures after I posted this. But I'm not sure if it's real or not, most people on forums think it's fake. And there is still no video
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Samoth Posted at 3-31 04:36
Yeah, I saw the pictures after I posted this. But I'm not sure if it's real or not, most people on forums think it's fake. And there is still no video

I can't confirm.
I don't own one.
2020-3-31
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

So the follow me mode (or active track) was added to DJI Fly... For the Mavic Air 2 only!

It's not that it would require much more work to make it available for the Mini as well. They deliberately excluded the Mini. They worked more just to exclude the Mini!

I'd like to know the reason of this. If it's just to promote the mavic air 2 for the people who own a mavic mini, it's a ... move from DJI and I'll certainly think about other brands next time I want to buy a drone...
2020-4-30
Use props
vkmaynard
lvl.1

United States

Same question. If it can fly circle mode then why not add active track to include point of interest? Super compact great drone. Flew indoors at an event captured all the folks. Near but not over anyone. Nobody fretted. Why I would like to keep this drone. This upgrade will not canibalize the Air 2 at double the price with fly more. Considering a return to B&H Photo within my 30 day window to buy a Mavic Air 2.
2020-5-25
Use props
vkmaynard
lvl.1

United States

Also include Panno.
2020-5-25
Use props
djiuser_Uomazhz4zlon
New

Chile

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-31 00:44
Hi Samoth, thanks for your suggestion, we'll forward your request to the related team.

Still  waiting Natalia  
2020-6-26
Use props
Cormac O
New
Flight distance : 132247 ft
United States

Same, The drone and camera seen perfectly capable, so maybe active track is a possibility. It would be really cool to see active track on the Mavic Mini as well as the Mavic air 2.
2020-6-27
Use props
New

Germany

Would love that feature as well, hope it is added in the near future.
2020-7-30
Use props
djiuser_qLzgKqPEXPr6
New

Guatemala

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-31 00:44

Its onli upgrade follow, way not?
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_qLzgKqPEXPr6
New

Guatemala

djiuser_Uomazhz4zlon Posted at 6-26 17:45
Still  waiting Natalia

I do not want everything in the mini mavic but it is silly not to have that function.  I have 12 drones and it is not because I have everything in this little boy
2020-8-23
Use props
djiuser_35fxmr3WZKWh
New

Spain

I don't understand why active track / follow me function isn't still able in Mavic Mini app. It's a basic mode for drones and cheaper ones got it. Please, go for it. I don't want to use other apps. Mavic mini is perfectly capable to fly in follow me mode.
2020-9-5
Use props
BUMWAH
New
Flight distance : 22592 ft
United States

I dont want to pay a third party app developer just to get a function that DJI already has figured out, but that may be the only option.  "Hey DJI! People would pay you extra money for you to unlock all the features"

Or, you could just do it because we have already spent top dollar for your products.

Thanks
2020-9-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

BUMWAH Posted at 9-7 14:43
I dont want to pay a third party app developer just to get a function that DJI already has figured out, but that may be the only option.  "Hey DJI! People would pay you extra money for you to unlock all the features"

Or, you could just do it because we have already spent top dollar for your products.

No, you have not paid top dollar for the Mini, it is the cheapest drone in the lineup. You want more features? Buy a better drone.
2020-9-7
Use props
Samoth
lvl.3
Belgium

BUMWAH Posted at 9-7 14:43
I dont want to pay a third party app developer just to get a function that DJI already has figured out, but that may be the only option.  "Hey DJI! People would pay you extra money for you to unlock all the features"

Don't give them the idea of us to pay for something others had for free...

Anyway, it would be a shame for DJI, imagine: after they said the mini is not capable, it's impossible to implement active track, a 3rd party app would successfully do it? That would be shameful for them...
2020-9-7
Use props
djiuser_KKLdUrJFFDwP
New

United States

I just bought a Mavic mini and the first thing i was hopping this drone would have was the follow me functionality. I may actually choose to return if this is not going to be added. Why would you not include it?
2020-9-16
Use props
kpwoxel
New

Germany

It's a shame.
I thought, that I saw a promo video for the mini where was shown the follow me mode as people are driving bicycles.
Now I bought the mini and realized that this functions is missing.

On the other hand, there is a Litchi App which supports this function. Why DJI can't support this.

I wonder if I will send the mini back and buy an other one of a different producer.
2020-9-24
Use props
djiuser_ElF6TPDJObui
lvl.1

United States

Samoth Posted at 4-30 20:35
So the follow me mode (or active track) was added to DJI Fly... For the Mavic Air 2 only!

It's not that it would require much more work to make it available for the Mini as well. They deliberately excluded the Mini. They worked more just to exclude the Mini!

I agree with you if they did this just to get me to buy a more expensive drone i will buy a Skydio
2020-10-5
Use props
djiuser_ElF6TPDJObui
lvl.1

United States

Geebax Posted at 9-7 15:14
No, you have not paid top dollar for the Mini, it is the cheapest drone in the lineup. You want more features? Buy a better drone.

No ill buy an app instead
2020-10-5
Use props
djiuser_sWvNWOMPqmE2
New

United States

Sure hope they add this before my 90 day return policy is close or I’m returning. Hate when companies digitally limit features that are available to ensure their other products remain relevant.

Please add to the mini, the tech is there. It’s in the software already too.
2020-10-12
Use props
Bobbobbo
New

Australia

Was looking at buying one of these and came here to confirm follow me functionality. Looks like I will be buying something else
2020-10-21
Use props
Woodpkr1
New
United States

I agree. It should have this program added.  I love to take photos and videos of my UTV on the road and trails . Kind  of hard to drive and take at the same time. Flying drone.
2021-1-14
Use props
Jsh0t
lvl.1

United States

I was considering a Mavic Mini (2) , but for that high price, that lacks Obstacle Avoidance and Follow Me, I will skip DJI.

The weight <249 Grams was one reason I wanted the Mini, but I'll  consider bigger, cheaper, more feature sand  pay the $5US FAA fee and Register
2021-3-2
Use props
djiuser_6umdMUvLQb2q
New

Canada

Update on this??? I just bought one so.. didn’t realize I needed to buy the mini 2 with very few new features for the price just to get a feature that should have been included automatically why else would someone get one of these tiny rigs LOL. Am I returning this for a different brand? Got 30 days
2021-4-14
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I am doing research into buying my first drone. I was considering the mini/mini 2.  They came highly recommended and was supposed to have all the “features “ I was looking for.

Follow Me is definitely one of my desired features. When looking at other brands, even in the sub-$300 range, many seem to have this capability. I could opt for the larger Air 2S which has Advance Track 4, not to mention OcuSync 3.  But I don’t want to spend $1300 on a beginners combo kit.

Since it’s been so long still without the feature on the mini 2, but present on the Air 2S, I expect the feature will never be added to the mini 2.

I am going to have to reconsider how important this feature will be and possibly consider other brands.  Although I’m a newbie, I do understand it has GPS and if it can do circles around an object, common sense tells me it’s programmable to follow an object.
2021-6-28
Use props
fans9cd21bd1
New
United Kingdom

I find it absolutely shocking why the mavic mini 2 doesn't have a simple feature like follow me. This mode should have been the first mode available and the fact it isn't an option is infuriating.
Please add it DJI and listen to your customer base before they start going to your competitors over such a simple feature to add!
2021-7-2
Use props
cfoote7
New

United States

So, this is an opinion and I don't speak for dji but I understand they're very safety minded to cover their butts but the mini's are the only models without active track and they're also the only models without object collision avoidance to keep the weight down. It's not that its programmatically impossible for the to follow objects but it is programmatically impossible to have object avoidance. that said the anti-collision system is terrible.

https://techcrunch.com/2020/05/19/dji-mavic-air-2-review-fantastic-drone-despite-obstacle-avoidance-blindspots/?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACtp9ZPmhUspIA-D2NGudPXiTjfvCpraWICqwqZXEQRsg9dFYwK62blESwP5MRO686mM3Mg97QJ_F5m5oO3AKOp5fZjeKgULtv716sDP2Q8iUQHnu9Q-lh3hBZMQ-DMvMxXF3nKelju21jouYW91GhirPugQDcW3_8RcgaCsurLU
2021-8-11
Use props
djiuser_n4XSp6qCuZA3
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2166047 ft
United States

I had follow me/active  working on my Rainbow pro app dose well
2021-9-14
Use props
djiuser_Mw6OjWyEFShL
New
Flight distance : 5997 ft
Portugal

Samoth Posted at 2020-3-31 04:36
Yeah, I saw the pictures after I posted this. But I'm not sure if it's real or not, most people on forums think it's fake. And there is still no video
Mavic mini still does not have the follow mode.
Cant understand why.
If we buy the litchi app it works but not with Dji fly
2022-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules