Live Stream Tutorial: Osmo Action RTMP Live Stream Settings
31640 66 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Fotopiggie Posted at 7-19 00:29
I have never succeeded in setting up the livestream. Tried a 1000 times as well. No matter how I change the SSID name of my wi-fi or the hotspot with my phone I keep receiving a message telling me that my Wi-Fi name is wrong.... I think it's a bug in the app (I'm using iOS version)

[view_image]

DJI made a perfect Topic, that will get you running:

Now lets try as a member to member, get you running.  

21 questions:  Yes leave out all the details and simply post  will not get you running.  if I do this again. it be an hour of my time for 5 minutes  from start to end to stream.  and I rather go with a GoPro, cut my time down to 2 minutes.  

Am here to help but DJI Team needs to Own up and get onboard, make a topic on it, help the customer out with a solution. you are left high and dry with them.
2020-7-20
Use props
SuperFly151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76135 ft
United States

this is lame i can not connect, DJI fix your problem very poor solution
2020-7-23
Use props
djiuser_eKbQcPEWwWFS
lvl.1
United States

Can't wait for all the bugs to be sorted out with this one
2020-8-31
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Excellent info
2020-9-9
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

It was of great assistance
2020-10-7
Use props
djiuser_UEUHvvf188UR
lvl.2

Pakistan

At first I was having difficulty using it now my all confusions are cleared
2020-10-10
Use props
Brauzeuge
lvl.1
Germany

not working for Twitch btw.
2020-10-24
Use props
Brauzeuge
lvl.1
Germany

As i see noone is willing and/or able to help me.

Returning the Camera now.

Thx for nothing
2020-11-17
Use props
Oleg_cam
New

Russia

Hello! Pleeeease make drivers to use Osmo Action as webcam on PC! Please!
2020-11-21
Use props
hehe2
lvl.3
France

We need that streaming feature on the Osmo Pocket as well, it's pure software so it should be enabled for Osmo Pocket owners as well.
2020-12-14
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2021-1-29
Use props
Cients
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

2021-1-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

DJI  is looking better and better, teakes me now longer and longer and less interested with these live features. just want a camera that is it .
2021-2-7
Use props
johansenfoto
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Yesterday I was planning to livestream on Youtube and after searching about it on youtube, I found out that you need 1000 subscribers to be able to livestream.
Did you people know that?
The only way you can livestream is with a webcam and your computer. So if would be great if OA could be used as a webcam.
2021-2-8
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Wish the issue was fixed

2021-3-1
Use props
sheikhambreen836
New

Pakistan

https://whatsappinstalling.com/gbwhatsapp-apk/
2021-3-5
Use props
SimonGhostRiley
New

Mexico

thanks for the information
2021-3-8
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Hello, Thanks for the tutorial! Was able to get setup streaming to RTMP right away with the Osmo Pocket 2!

However, I wasn't able to find how to control the camera settings either before or during streaming. The initial camera related settings are only resolution (720 or 1080), and bitrate (3000 or 6000). How do we set all the other wonderful settings for our Osmo Pocket 2 devices?

How do we set:
- FPS to 50 or 60
- Color profile to cinelike-d
- Auto exposure (eg. +0.7 or -1.3)
- Manual exposure (shutter speed fixed at 1/100 with auto iso (eg. max 1600)

Also, it's great that you can use the touch screen to zoom in and out while streaming, can we tilt the camera up and down using the touch screen? Is there a way to change the zoom touch function on the right hand side to control the tilt instead?

Thanks!
2021-3-15
Use props
virtualjapan.tv
lvl.2
  • >>>
Japan

Okay, after playing more with the live streaming feature, I'm starting to see why the 50 and 60 FPS options are not there. Even with the bitrate set at 6000kbps for 1080, the quality looks all blocky. This is not the case when using mobile streaming apps set at the same resolution and bitrate, so I'm wondering if there are still some encoding issues that DJI has to work out.

720 at 4000kbs looks a little less blocky, but still not at the same quality as the RTMP encodes coming from mobile devices at the same supposed bitrate.

I confirmed on the receiving end of the RTMP stream that it is in. fact receiving the full 6000kbps, so it's not that it's sending a lower adaptive bitrate.
2021-3-20
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D696%26typeid%3D696
2021-3-24
Use props
fansb5ad0346
lvl.1
Turkey

Hi, My osmo action disappeared after the last update (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.10.00.40.bin) live stream and hyperlapse function not working. does not reset to factory settings. I followed all the recommendations but it does not improve. I'm very sorry and angry. Help me! Please.
2021-3-29
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

fansb5ad0346 Posted at 3-29 13:57
Hi, My osmo action disappeared after the last update (OSMO_ACTION_FW_V01.10.00.40.bin) live stream and hyperlapse function not working. does not reset to factory settings. I followed all the recommendations but it does not improve. I'm very sorry and angry. Help me! Please.

reload  wit h the  topic in here how to it make you happy again
2021-4-5
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=211483

again try this a thorough step by step live stream for youtube
2021-4-10
Use props
mrok89
New

Poland

Hi All,

I got an issue with rtmp streaming. I want to stream on a Twitch using my osmo action. I was streaming already some time ago, and it worked perfectly. When I try to stream now, it says that I should check if livesttream was closed by the livestream plaftorm. I tried to create new twitch account to test with new one, and it is the same. What is interesting, I was able to start streaming on a twitch via restream.io on the same account that I was not able via dji mimo.
Anyone know what might be the issue?

2023-1-22
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

may want to  reinstall and try again. DJI app and streaming is not perfect at all
2023-1-23
Use props
mrok89
New

Poland

Fishycomics Posted at 1-23 04:14
may want to  reinstall and try again. DJI app and streaming is not perfect at all

I tried already, it didn't work.
2023-1-23
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

sorry to hear
2023-1-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules