Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Preflight check: Remove before flight helper
1739 7 2015-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
venturedrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I transport my Phantom 3 with the gimbal guard, the foam gimbal cushin, and a lens cap. While I've never forgotten to remove the lens cap before flight, I have forgotten to remove the gimbal guard or the foam gimbal cushin during my pre-flight check.

In order to prevent that from happening again, I drilled small hole through the gimbal guard and foam cushin. Then connected them all to one of those "remove before flight" keychains.

2015-6-14
Use props
Jack57
lvl.4

Canada

Nice! Where did you get your "Remove b4 flight keychain" keychain?
2015-6-14
Use props
PhantomHelp.com
Captain
Flight distance : 183694 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find those keychains on Amazon and eBay.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product ... Id=GF4YRCBIIN4QWTUW

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-14
Use props
mitch
lvl.1

United States

I actually have 4 of these and each is attached to a small Shelf End Cap. I take my props off when the ship goes into the case and then these fit onto the motors! Needed... probably not but it does make me think of other pre-flight steps!

2015-6-14
Use props
venturedrone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 326693 ft
United States

I did see them on amazon, but actually picked up mine on the U.S.S. Midway in San Diego, Ca.
2015-6-14
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

mitch@mjoyphoto Posted at 2015-6-15 07:56
I actually have 4 of these and each is attached to a small Shelf End Cap. I take my props off when t ...

I need some kind of reminder also:

HEY STUPID - DID YOU START THE CAMERA?

If I had a dime for every time I flew and upon landing hit the shutter button only to discover later the camera wasn't on until I landed!!! DRAT!!
2015-6-15
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-6-15 23:20
I need some kind of reminder also:

HEY STUPID - DID YOU START THE CAMERA?

This is brilliant. Would also love some way of reminding myself to check and double check the packing list before leaving the house -- showing up 45 minutes away for a shoot only to find that all my SD cards are sitting on my desk at home is no way to be productive... ;-(
2015-6-18
Use props
aburkefl
First Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

llll Posted at 2015-6-19 10:09
This is brilliant. Would also love some way of reminding myself to check and double check the pack ...

Ha ha ha! Isn't it the truth?! I have several different controllers - DX4, DX5e, DX8 and the RC for my Phantom 3. At least it's difficult to not recognize that solid white controller for the P3!

Currently, I have a 1995 Dodge RAM pickup truck. Everything I have in the way of planes, quads, spare parts, etc., will all fit into my truck. We're shopping for a new vehicle and we're trying to stay away from gas hogs - that includes big trucks. But I've gotta have something to hold my toys!!!
2015-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules