Nice comparison!
2020-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Are you saying rocksteady is acceptable or saying like many of us that it is not fit for purpose.

2020-4-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 4-1 02:56
Are you saying rocksteady is acceptable or saying like many of us that it is not fit for purpose.

many of us do not show footage. and never said  its acceptable or not.

one day its  looking good, the next it is not.  never going to get  everyone to agree its an issue or if it is perfect.
2020-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-1 04:14
many of us do not show footage. and never said  its acceptable or not.

one day its  looking good, the next it is not.  never going to get  everyone to agree its an issue or if it is perfect.

My OA's rocksteady is complete garbage. However that said the timelapse function alone keeps me entertained and produces excellent results. The photos are sharp and crisp so it still has its benefits.

If i want need stable footage I will use the ronin's
2020-4-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 4-1 05:23
My OA's rocksteady is complete garbage. However that said the timelapse function alone keeps me entertained and produces excellent results. The photos are sharp and crisp so it still has its benefits.

If i want need stable footage I will use the ronin's

thank you.   Picture  says a thousand words. I must be OLD!
2020-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-1 05:36
thank you.   Picture  says a thousand words. I must be OLD!

If you are referring to footage, you'll have to take my word on it, it is complete garbage. Sadly, we are on lockdown here and not permitted to venture out unless it is essential, so I shall remain in house arrest until this hideous nightmare virus has passed us by.

This is the first DJI product that has proven problematic for me, and I do own quite a few, so i am more than used to DJI products and am well versed on how they work.
2020-4-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 4-1 06:17
If you are referring to footage, you'll have to take my word on it, it is complete garbage. Sadly, we are on lockdown here and not permitted to venture out unless it is essential, so I shall remain in house arrest until this hideous nightmare virus has passed us by.

This is the first DJI product that has proven problematic for me, and I do own quite a few, so i am more than used to DJI products and am well versed on how they work.

Understood:  

My thoughts outloud, well imagine the drone  dropping out of the sky ;  Recall.    I can not see DJI taking our word serious enough to get  it corrected (SMILES)  no pun intended.  did I leave anything out so we can pick on it, yeah Panning issue that is next maybe that is where I do not see the issue?   video is crap does not cut it for me , sorry.
2020-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-1 06:28
Understood:  

My thoughts outloud, well imagine the drone  dropping out of the sky ;  Recall.    I can not see DJI taking our word serious enough to get  it corrected (SMILES)  no pun intended.  did I leave anything out so we can pick on it, yeah Panning issue that is next maybe that is where I do not see the issue?   video is crap does not cut it for me , sorry.

Yeah I get your point, DJI will need verification of issues with Rocksteady, however I'm more than sure they are already aware and I'm also more than sure they are working on a fix. I am also aware China are still recovering from this virus, so giving them time to get back up to speed.

I have to say video isnt anywhere as good as for example the osmo pocket, not even close. But there was a slight improvement made in the last FW update. Its not great, but it is an improvement.

God willing this virus will pass us by and we can again venture out and I fully intend to test out what the issue is. Watch this space, but dont hold your breath.... the peak is anticipated this or next week.

Stay safe everybody
2020-4-1
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

Gimbal, this is not. OIS this is not, EIS & DES this is that.   Just like the Tortoise to the Hair.
2020-4-1
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-1 10:20
Gimbal, this is not. OIS this is not, EIS & DES this is that.   Just like the Tortoise to the Hair.

I have no idea what that means, its gobbledygook

But to clarify the issue, look at you own footage above and tell me if its acceptable stable footage. I could do better on a pogostick after drinking a bottle of scotch.

Rocksteady is garbage, you know it, I know it, many others know it, DJI know it and given the circumstances will provide a fix after the world regains some sort of normality.

I'm out.
2020-4-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 4-2 01:47
I have no idea what that means, its gobbledygook

But to clarify the issue, look at you own footage above and tell me if its acceptable stable footage. I could do better on a pogostick after drinking a bottle of scotch.

"Appreciate the reply.  You offer no info of or in the video at any point to back up what you're saying, just giving excuses  to   things.  Please go hop on your Pogo stick and while you're drunk.....

To say this at your level:

this is the Osmo Action camera, not a Pocket camera.  I watched back my video and comparing it to the GoPro Hypersmooth, I will also compare t othe Hero 7 and you  need to tell me in what part of the video, say at 3:24-4:00 the vid wasso bad the pan from left to the right showing the suck.
Yes the video  I make and show are  with minimal issues. FW 1.08.00.10 (****) is acceptable , Improved.   I shall be filmingand wil lchange my mind, Just like thatwhen I see "A issue".

FIsh
2020-4-2
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
  • >>>
Ireland

Fishycomics Posted at 4-2 03:31
"Appreciate the reply.  You offer no info of or in the video at any point to back up what you're saying, just giving excuses  to   things.  Please go hop on your Pogo stick and while you're drunk.....

To say this at your level:

You're just an idiot who has nothing better to do than spamming the forum with complete and utter gibberish.

Why anybody would inundate the forums with your inane drivel is beyond me.... do what every rational individual would do and open up a ticket with DJI.
2020-4-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

M2Wair Posted at 4-2 07:37
You're just an idiot who has nothing better to do than spamming the forum with complete and utter gibberish.

Why anybody would inundate the forums with your inane drivel is beyond me.... do what every rational individual would do and open up a ticket with DJI.

BYE BYE
2020-4-2
Use props
Fishycomics
Second Officer
United States

2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules