Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 4-2 06:00
Actually I have difficulty for other reasons.  When flying out-of-doors WITH a skyline horizon, the brightness, above ground, washes out the WHITE TEXT.  No sunshade improves the fact that the text is invisible because of the bright, above-horizon image.  

I want to be able to change the text to a dark color.

I think you will notice much of telemetry on your Mavic pro is in white, the problem here is it’s difficult to see all telemetry in harsh conditions so most pilots have been able to work around this by whatever means.
Last update tried to change this and I have never not being able to see or know how much battery I have or how many satellites I have. But I think I much prefer the telemetry and layout on my fly app than on Mavic pro , the major difference is fly app is not congested with dark boxes and clutter . I also have to say listening to the so called experts who just get updates and nothing in those updates is acceptable to them but yet they try telling us that all could be sorted in one hour, I’m all for improvements but totally against this attitude that nothing is ever right.

There are many times I cannot see everything on my iPad using P4 same on smart controller many times having to go to shade to get better picture, it’s part of photography in the open, many photographers will tell you it’s very difficult to see all information on their screens, it’s age old and if you want better screen you pay more money for them, and I’m certain dji are not designing without care of what users can or cannot see.

Improvements come but not always at once, so we make the best of what we have while we can .
2020-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

namloc Posted at 4-2 06:12
Hi - quick Q. On the Fly App when doing video editing i don't have the options for the music for rhythm and the music track isn't on the screen - I've seen it on youtube tutorials so not sure why I don't see it?

[view_image]

Y'all might want to post this elsewhere.  This is an off-topic subject.  Aside from highjacking the OP, you're less likely to find someone with the issue you convey.  :-)
2020-4-2
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 06:16
I think you will notice much of telemetry on your Mavic pro is in white, the problem here is it’s difficult to see all telemetry in harsh conditions so most pilots have been able to work around this by whatever means.
Last update tried to change this and I have never not being able to see or know how much battery I have or how many satellites I have. But I think I much prefer the telemetry and layout on my fly app than on Mavic pro , the major difference is fly app is not congested with dark boxes and clutter . I also have to say listening to the so called experts who just get updates and nothing in those updates is acceptable to them but yet they try telling us that all could be sorted in one hour, I’m all for improvements but totally against this attitude that nothing is ever right.

I want to be civil here....

The POINT is ... regardless of what bird you're flying, the text on a critical part of the on-screen monitor is unreadable the the brightness of the image interferes.

Changing text color/font density as a default setting would resolve 90% if the issue I have.  I have three of the DJI aircraft and with the Apps, none have such adjustments.  

A black background 'band' would be an acceptable as a compromise to "loosing" screen image (!) so that I could actually see those critical information tidbits.  

My comment wasn't a criticism to the off-topic commentary that was evolving.  If anything it was trying to get things back to a productive topic.  :-)
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

WebParrot Posted at 4-2 06:24
I want to be civil here....

The POINT is ... regardless of what bird you're flying, the text on a critical part of the on-screen monitor is unreadable the the brightness of the image interferes.

Again I’m not disagreeing, but I’m not agreeing that somehow it’s impossible to fly, I don’t have a problem with that, nobody is against improvements, but put it on a black background will make it clearer but so would making it bigger, you see everybody has an answer that suits themselves.

I like less clutter I think it has real advantage when both videoing and taking photos and particularly because I’m forced to use mobile phone only with Mavic mini, I don’t need clutter and regardless of what you say I have never run into a problem where I couldn’t make out what’s on my screen, I don’t need to be nursed and if something is difficult I can work around this, and I have done the same with go app and go 4 app which require users to be careful when using in direct sunlight .

What’s wrong here is you always get those who know everything and it can all be fixed in an hour .
2020-4-2
Use props
jonny007
Second Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 06:42
Again I’m not disagreeing, but I’m not agreeing that somehow it’s impossible to fly, I don’t have a problem with that, nobody is against improvements, but put it on a black background will make it clearer but so would making it bigger, you see everybody has an answer that suits themselves.

I like less clutter I think it has real advantage when both videoing and taking photos and particularly because I’m forced to use mobile phone only with Mavic mini, I don’t need clutter and regardless of what you say I have never run into a problem where I couldn’t make out what’s on my screen, I don’t need to be nursed and if something is difficult I can work around this, and I have done the same with go app and go 4 app which require users to be careful when using in direct sunlight .

but I’m not agreeing that somehow it’s impossible to fly, I don’t have a problem with that

Some just CAN'T read it, even if YOU can read it. Person A says "I want to learn to play tennis" Person B says "Why learning ? I can play tennis". Nonsense.

I am sure that will come soon. This thing has been criticized so often that DJI cannot ignore it.
As can be seen in Post # 31, there is the "overlay / transparent technique" in the Go app, so the code does not have to be reinvented, but only adjusted. This does not take 1 hour including the test, but also no longer than 1 day. This is what a trainee can do. I have been in a software company for 25 years and these are peanuts that we call "small GUI cosmetics".
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

jonny007 Posted at 4-2 07:20
but I’m not agreeing that somehow it’s impossible to fly, I don’t have a problem with that

Some just CAN'T read it, even if YOU can read it. Person A says "I want to learn to play tennis" Person B says "Why learning ? I can play tennis". Nonsense.

I spend much time around here reading how everything can be sorted with the swipe of a pen, they’re are threads on this forum where self professed tech experts swear they can sort every problem with a Mavic mini that it can almost be converted to a phantom 4prov, but time and time again they are proven to be armchair drone users, never flying always complaining.

I don’t know how long it takes and it’s not my field of expertise, but I can tell you that I have been flying mini since day one and the telemetry on the app has caused me no problems that would see me post on a forum until I’m blue in the face, I can see everything, can it be made better, yes and so can everything but these problems are pretty much insignificant and are easy to work around. This argument is not so much about how white looks on a black background, it’s much more about what needs to be done for those who continually whine no matter what, maybe time for the whiners to go out and fly their drone quit the whining.
2020-4-2
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

I think DJI produce Fantastic product, but I find it unbelievable that they offer white Balance on a sliding Kelvin scale when the Mavic Air and Pro have default Sunny, Cloudy... etc.  I thought this was aimed at beginner.
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 4-2 08:12
I spend much time around here reading how everything can be sorted with the swipe of a pen, they’re are threads on this forum where self professed tech experts swear they can sort every problem with a Mavic mini that it can almost be converted to a phantom 4prov, but time and time again they are proven to be armchair drone users, never flying always complaining.

I don’t know how long it takes and it’s not my field of expertise, but I can tell you that I have been flying mini since day one and the telemetry on the app has caused me no problems that would see me post on a forum until I’m blue in the face, I can see everything, can it be made better, yes and so can everything but these problems are pretty much insignificant and are easy to work around. This argument is not so much about how white looks on a black background, it’s much more about what needs to be done for those who continually whine no matter what, maybe time for the whiners to go out and fly their drone quit the whining.

Maybe you are the tough guy on duty and we are the whining brats, but we paid the drone as much as you and we have the right to express our thoughts.
In addition, we are awaiting the modification to the firmware or the recall of all the drones that work on the c.o.c.k. of a dog.
2020-4-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Renato61 Posted at 4-2 10:50
Maybe you are the tough guy on duty and we are the whining brats, but we paid the drone as much as you and we have the right to express our thoughts.
In addition, we are awaiting the modification to the firmware or the recall of all the drones that work on the c.o.c.k. of a dog.

If the cap fits. No tough guy on duty, just believe more fun flying than whining.
2020-4-2
Use props
deathsquad
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm glad they added some white balance controls. They're not adding raw or tracking to the mavic mini so stop dreaming about it.
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

If they did not want to insert the presets for brightness, it was enough to give the user the possibility to memorize various adjustments in order to have them ready.
It would be more intuitive, is it a drone for beginners or not?
2020-4-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules