Phantom 3 battery: self discharging, bad product, worst experience
2326 5 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
capitanharlockmsn.com
lvl.1

Italy

As many of you already know, the Phantom 3, 4 and many other Dji drones "intelligent" batteries, die very quickly, if you do not constantly check them or don't use them even for a relatively short period of time.
Mine two Phantom 3 batteries died because they self discharged quickly, due to the "intelligent" circuit that DJI connected to the cells.

I have many Lipo batteries, and none of them self discharges that way.

That is an example of a VERY bad project, and forces many customer to buy new batteries, if you don't know (and nobody knows it, DJI doesn't warn you) that you need to constantly check the charge of those stupid and expensive batteries.

When a Lipo cell reaches a low voltage it becomes unusable, and that's what happend to mine.

Well done DJi, you lost a customer.

2020-4-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Sorry, but if you allowed the battery to drop below 30% and then let it continue to drop so low that it dies, the fault is yours.  
2020-4-1
Use props
Goldenseal
lvl.4
Flight distance : 487034 ft
United States

It may have went into a sleep mode. Google and see how you can get it out of sleep mode. There are posts about it. Good luck.
2020-4-1
Use props
capitanharlockmsn.com
lvl.1

Italy

Unfortunately I tried everything.
I even disassembled them and tried to directly charge them skipping the infamous dei circuit.
They’re dead.
And no, it’s not my fault.
I own more than ten different other Lipos and none of them are discharging like the dji ones.
Dji should re project them or put a yellow label on them clearly specify that those batteries are different.
2020-4-1
Use props
WD9EON
Second Officer
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

capitanharlockmsn.com Posted at 4-1 23:29
Unfortunately I tried everything.
I even disassembled them and tried to directly charge them skipping the infamous dei circuit.
They’re dead.

My batteries are 4 years old, never a problem.  Either I'm lucky or you're not.
2020-4-4
Use props
capitanharlockmsn.com
lvl.1

Italy

WD9EON Posted at 4-4 10:12
My batteries are 4 years old, never a problem.  Either I'm lucky or you're not.

It's not a problem of age.
It's a problem of quick self discharge, due to the "intelligent" circuit that DJI invented.
A normal Lipo, put in storage mode, can keep its charge for years.
The Dji ones quickly self discharges them until they die, I guess in a few months, if you don't charge them.
The forum is full of people who has problems with that.
2020-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules