Sorry but is drone related
729 9 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nmac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 256 ft
United States

After hearing many bad things about drones its about time they show there worth.  This is one of two that so many will love and laugh at and at this time many do need cheering up some.  this is one of two and the other is priceless but hard to put on hear.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/video/viral/florida-resident-delivers-toilet-paper-using-drone-during-covid-19-lockdown/vi-BB120tWh?ocid=spartandhp

I put it hear as looks like a p3 or 4 but with the shortage it done its job on helping out one in need.

To all be safe and wish all well and know there will be more of drones helping out to come.
2020-4-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I like it!  Dang good idea.
2020-4-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 4-1 16:47
I like it!  Dang good idea.

Aloha BAMA,

Agreed, you could also lower the Phantom and the receiving person could release the load with a slip-knot or other low-tech solution.  This guy used a servo but how many of us go that far?  Cool demo though!  Great scenario!  Creative times and lots of time to think.

Remember the guys using a paperclip hook to fly a baited hook out off of the beach to surf fish back in the P3 days?  The guys on the Big Island fly bait out off the cliffs to the Ulua with P3s.  There are some simple systems and some have no moving parts.

Stay safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-2
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Its a shame we cant hang stuff off of drones over here in the UK, would certainly add more fun to it, oh and cant do built up areas either and no less than 50m from property, really kills some of the fun
2020-4-2
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-2 17:52
Its a shame we cant hang stuff off of drones over here in the UK, would certainly add more fun to it, oh and cant do built up areas either and no less than 50m from property, really kills some of the fun

Aloha Bashy,

They are really killing the fun over there!  What if you have a neighbor's approval?

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Tough call, if there is only 1 neighbour, ie 2 houses and thats all, then prob no issues , but most have other neighbours and therefore a built up area of which is a no go
2020-4-3
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-3 18:08
Tough call, if there is only 1 neighbour, ie 2 houses and thats all, then prob no issues , but most have other neighbours and therefore a built up area of which is a no go

Yes so true as the rules go but the reason I posted this is that a drone can be used for some good as many hear know. He did not  on video he did not fly over anyone or any homes but helped one in need. I seen many videos that showed that they have helped many as the police in Phoenix used theres a few days ago when three officers were shot and sadly one that was soon to retire did so too early. I always think of the good and hate hearing ones that do bad.
2020-4-3
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
Luxembourg

Thats fine chap, i was just referring to what we cant do here in the UK, we are much more restricted, i supposed the 50m distance can be waived for us as the homeowner would be classed as under our control, but then the issue lies with it being a built up area, we over here are not allowed within 150m of a built up area, as for dropping anything, nope, that too is a big no, see what i mean? we are very restricted, you guys are luck is many respects over there
2020-4-8
Use props
nmac
lvl.4
United States

Bashy Posted at 4-8 17:57
Thats fine chap, i was just referring to what we cant do here in the UK, we are much more restricted, i supposed the 50m distance can be waived for us as the homeowner would be classed as under our control, but then the issue lies with it being a built up area, we over here are not allowed within 150m of a built up area, as for dropping anything, nope, that too is a big no, see what i mean? we are very restricted, you guys are luck is many respects over there

its also not legal hear but hope all of you are safe and well.
2020-4-8
Use props
Manxmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1178793 ft
Australia

Good to see a bit of positive news anyway !
2020-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules