Mavic Mini Prop Strike possible FIX/SOLUTION?
2864 21 2020-4-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Many are talking about the issue of the DJI Mavic Mini props hitting the body of the drone during flight although this only really affects operators that fly their drone in a certain 'volatile' way. It's not a problem for all users, but this video has a fix and solution which costs nothing and should stop it happening again.

It's worth noting however that this third-party suggestion may invalidate the waranty, it might also cause overheating of the motors - but for users that fly in a volatile way, this might be their only option to stop prop strikes on the drone body.

2020-4-1
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

Risk of engine overheating?
2020-4-1
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Probably void the warranty though.
2020-4-2
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

Interesting to see that the video, with its in depth analysis followed by product advertising, is done by someone who does not even own the Mavic Mini.

This is nothing more than an advertisement!
2020-4-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-2 03:01
Interesting to see that the video, with its in depth analysis followed by product advertising, is done by someone who does not even own the Mavic Mini.

This is nothing more than an advertisement!

Why would you need to own a Mavic Mini to report on an issue which is affecting lots of Mavic Mini owners? And the piece at the end of the video is merely to say that this issue shouldn't put people off buying it because it only affects a certain style of flying.
2020-4-2
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

GREAT video!

Thanks.

I love the dust caps.

Cheers!
=C=
2020-4-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

How much weight do they add?
2020-4-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

captqbec Posted at 4-2 03:45
How much weight do they add?

Not sure of the weight, but they look incredibly light, a few more grams won't affect flying performance, however they may take the drone over the 250g weight limit.
2020-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That would be too bad (if it would get over 250gr)
2020-4-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Canada

Montfrooij Posted at 4-2 04:56
That would be too bad (if it would get over 250gr)

...just for the front arms maybe?
2020-4-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

captqbec Posted at 4-2 04:57
...just for the front arms maybe?

Might be enough, but still it needs to be <250 to be interesting in the EU.
2020-4-2
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

sergeant Posted at 4-2 03:15
Why would you need to own a Mavic Mini to report on an issue which is affecting lots of Mavic Mini owners? And the piece at the end of the video is merely to say that this issue shouldn't put people off buying it because it only affects a certain style of flying.

I thought from the video title that it was about a "Simple Fix/Solution", as opposed to just reporting on an issue that has been reported on numerous times.

Personally I prefer to get fixes/solutions from someone who has actually experienced the problem and can confirm the fix/solution.

Nonetheless....... each to his own.

Stay safe!
2020-4-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-2 05:31
I thought from the video title that it was about a "Simple Fix/Solution", as opposed to just reporting on an issue that has been reported on numerous times.

Personally I prefer to get fixes/solutions from someone who has actually experienced the problem and can confirm the fix/solution.

It's pretty obvious that the prop strikes occur before of clearance between body and aircraft, therefore raising the height of the props will clearly solve this. You don't need to have had a car crash to know how to avoid having one...
2020-4-2
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

The proposed solution may be interesting, but do partially deformed propellers have the same performance?
2020-4-2
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
United States

sergeant Posted at 4-2 05:39
It's pretty obvious that the prop strikes occur before of clearance between body and aircraft, therefore raising the height of the props will clearly solve this. You don't need to have had a car crash to know how to avoid having one...

Lol........ you're a funny man.

You sound like your typical back seat driver.

2020-4-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

StubbornSwiss Posted at 4-2 05:48
Lol........ you're a funny man.

You sound like your typical back seat driver.

And your username absolutely suits your trolling.
2020-4-2
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

The caps add 4g which isn’t going to be an issue in Europe come July 2020 when we all will be required to register our Mini’s due to inclusion of a camera.  Don’t buy the Sunnylife covers they are garbage, there is a link in the video of alternative manufacturer.
2020-4-2
Use props
fans23214ef8
lvl.4
Canada

TDZHDTV Posted at 4-2 06:24
The caps add 4g which isn’t going to be an issue in Europe come July 2020 when we all will be required to register our Mini’s due to inclusion of a camera.  Don’t buy the Sunnylife covers they are garbage, there is a link in the video of alternative manufacturer.

Any motor overheating heard of?
2020-4-2
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

fans23214ef8 Posted at 4-2 06:50
Any motor overheating heard of?

Not that I’m aware of, but it’s still cold here in the UK.  Motors didn’t seem to run hot when I hovered indoors for 25 min.  I don’t have mine fitted at the moment as I’ve been experimenting with tape to stiffen arms... no joy yet.  I think I’ll ultimately make a warranty claim with DJI once they acknowledge the issue
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

There was a test w/ motors caps and IR thermometer pistol on YT and the motors temperature wasn't affected, perhaps if there was a delta deviation was negligible. The covers help the motors stay clean which I think is a big bonus.
My caps are SunnyLife, not the same ones of the video but I think they're still providing some additional spacing.

m80's MM back 3/4 L

m80's MM back 3/4 L

2020-4-2
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

m80116 Posted at 4-2 08:31
There was a test w/ motors cap and IR thermometer pistol and the motors temperature wasn't affected, perhaps if there was a delta deviation was negligible. The covers help the motors stay clean which I think is a big bonus.

Precisely and good point - this video did a good test and showed no change in temperature:
2020-4-2
Use props
djiuser_QuBvt5rL05Yz
New
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

I know this is an old thread but did you find a solution? Im having the same issue. Its not constant but i hear it maybe 1 to 3 times per flight when the drones close. Its only the front right
2020-12-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules