12Next >
6199 57 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

as per the title, on Android 9 with Samsung Note 8 when using the DJI Fly app  disabling the bluetooth causes strange issues with the app - buttons for photo/video on RC stop working and the flight mode cannot be changed or displays N/A. Initially i thought it was related to airplane mode, but it is actually bluetooth, when triggering airplane mode it switches bluetooth off, hence the issue. I have been able to replicate it every single time! it really does not make any sense.
2020-4-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I've been flying in airplane mode since November,  no issues with photos because Bluetooth is disabled on android
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-2 01:24
I've been flying in airplane mode since November,  no issues with photos because Bluetooth is disabled on android

well, it is device specific, most probably samsung...so poor coding/testing on part of dev team definitely
2020-4-2
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-2 01:50
well, it is device specific, most probably samsung...so poor coding/testing on part of dev team definitely

Interesting, I have an S6 and S7 and will test this out later, NB Bluetooth isnt disabled by default on Android devices.
2020-4-2
Use props
fans13de2c89
lvl.4
Flight distance : 230 ft
Canada

crash1sttime Posted at 4-2 02:18
Interesting, I have an S6 and S7 and will test this out later, NB Bluetooth isnt disabled by default on Android devices.

S6 here and airplane mode always...no problems.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi sbonev, could you please provide the DJI Fly version info and a video of the issue to me? I will forward your feedback to our engineers to check.
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 03:06
Hi sbonev, could you please provide the DJI Fly version info and a video of the issue to me? I will forward your feedback to our engineers to check.

this is with the latest version 1.0.8, it was present in previous version 1.0.6 also. I will make a video next time i fly, unfortunately i cannot make a video of how the RC buttons don´t work.
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

fans13de2c89 Posted at 4-2 02:48
S6 here and airplane mode always...no problems.

probably it is in the newer models after s8, it could be hardware specific also.
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-2 03:06

here is the video of the issue with both the app and RC. Switching to airplane mode results in the same behaviour, that is how usually try to fly. The only way to avoid it is to switch off bluetooth prior opening the DJI Fly, nevertheless this is an annoying bug.

2020-4-2
Use props
ABeardedItalian
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1063107 ft
United States

My s9 a10 still starts non-responsive sometimes, you have to kill the app and restart it for all function to return. When I get connection to the mini I press the camera button first, if it switches to camera then I know my buttons are working. If the mini doesn't respond I know I need to restart the app again, sometimes it's bad enough that I have to restart the phone.

I'll check later to see if it's related to Bluetooth or not but these have been my experiences with the app.
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

ABeardedItalian Posted at 4-2 04:08
My s9 a10 still starts non-responsive sometimes, you have to kill the app and restart it for all function to return. When I get connection to the mini I press the camera button first, if it switches to camera then I know my buttons are working. If the mini doesn't respond I know I need to restart the app again, sometimes it's bad enough that I have to restart the phone.

I'll check later to see if it's related to Bluetooth or not but these have been my experiences with the app.

first i thought it was the airplane mode, than somebody pointed out it might be wifi, bluetooth issue, so  i was hoping dji would fix it with the new 1.0.8 version of dji fly app. Apparently that did not happen, so i tried to identify the culprit and it only happens with bluetooth.
2020-4-2
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

sbonev Posted at 4-2 06:22
first i thought it was the airplane mode, than somebody pointed out it might be wifi, bluetooth issue, so  i was hoping dji would fix it with the new 1.0.8 version of dji fly app. Apparently that did not happen, so i tried to identify the culprit and it only happens with bluetooth.

It's good you isolated this to bluetooth. I'll try it out on Sat and see if this can be replicated.
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Definitely checked and CONFIRMED, Bluetooth is causing the app the stop responding to Flying mode changes: P, S, C. In my case with all sort of other problems including when re-launching the app an MD not connected to RC, which I'll gloss that... and again RC not connected to AC, which HAS NEVER BEEN the case.

So... DJY Fly app throwing random errors but I know mine should be an isolated case since I am still in for an USB OTG cable replacement.

Now... is anybody having problems with Flight Data Center history ? Not only today my flights weren't logged (I never took off though, just started the motors) and have never shown the thumbnail, something that AFAIK has never worked in my case, but I suspect for the whole Android OS enabled devices.
REPORT: reported directly to DJI w/ Fly app, I suggest you all do the same.
2020-4-2
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 4-2 01:50
well, it is device specific, most probably samsung...so poor coding/testing on part of dev team definitely

Mine's an ancient galaxy s6
2020-4-2
Use props
fans23214ef8
lvl.4
Canada

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-2 09:17
Mine's an ancient galaxy s6

...yep, me too...no probs...and 1.08 fixed the aircraft positioning versus my position on the bottom center...did you have that issue?
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 4-2 09:10
Definitely checked and CONFIRMED, Bluetooth is causing the app the stop responding to Flying mode changes: P, S, C. In my case with all sort of other problems including when re-launching the app an MD not connected to RC, which I'll gloss that... and again RC not connected to AC, which HAS NEVER BEEN the case.

So... DJY Fly app throwing random errors but I know mine should be an isolated case since I am still in for an USB OTG cable replacement.

yeah flight center is buggy as hell...uploading works on occasions, usually after many tries and i guess only with the proper alignment of the stars

not sure about the thumbnail, you mean the maps icon on the right side of each flight ?
2020-4-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Canada

sbonev Posted at 4-2 09:39
yeah flight center is buggy as hell...uploading works on occasions, usually after many tries and i guess only with the proper alignment of the stars  

not sure about the thumbnail, you mean the maps icon on the right side of each flight ?

I mean your position versus aircraft bottom center...you know...half circle with arrow...
2020-4-2
Use props
captqbec
lvl.4
Canada

aircraft versus user icon

aircraft versus user icon
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

captqbec Posted at 4-2 09:43
I mean your position versus aircraft bottom center...you know...half circle with arrow...

most of the time i don´t use this as it is not accurate at all, i usually rely on the map...haven´t checked in the updated app, it might be better working, but on the few occasions i flew it was not working. Though i didn´t specifically tried it out so i cannot be certain.
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

sbonev Posted at 4-2 09:39
yeah flight center is buggy as hell...uploading works on occasions, usually after many tries and i guess only with the proper alignment of the stars  

not sure about the thumbnail, you mean the maps icon on the right side of each flight ?

Yes. The greyed map icon should be populated with a picture of your flights, supposedly taken from cache or a snap you took while flying. While I've seen a couple of screenshots of the iOS Fly app having this, I've never seen a working one from an Android device.
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

sbonev Posted at 4-2 09:53
most of the time i don´t use this as it is not accurate at all, i usually rely on the map...haven´t checked in the updated app, it might be better working, but on the few occasions i flew it was not working. Though i didn´t specifically tried it out so i cannot be certain.

It's usually pretty accurate after you calibrate your MD while attched to RC.

Wave the assembly in a figure of 8 infront of you or rotate the assembly in every direction including a complete pitch over, roll over and yaw over.
2020-4-2
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

m80116 Posted at 4-2 11:26
It's usually pretty accurate after you calibrate your MD while attched to RC.

Wave the assembly in a figure of 8 infront of you or rotate the assembly in every direction including a complete pitch over, roll over and yaw over.

did it several times, somehow my figure 8s are not that good and the first time it was way off, afterwards i think it was more accurate, but in between the app restarts it disappeared...

as for the thumbnails, i would rather get the upload working, can live without the thumbnails, but it is true- if it works on ios, it is an android issue...
2020-4-2
Use props
Bomberp
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2644672 ft
Poland

I have got the same problem. I use Samsung S9 with Android 10, but in Android 9 was the same problem.
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Since today I started the motors twice but didn't fly at all (took off) I don't notice anything new in the Flight Data Center history. I suspect this might be an improvement where motor start ups aren't recorded anymore.

What I've noticed with flight uploads I grant the app its time and my logs always end up being synched with the cloud (fully aware I am losing the .dat files).
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

sbonev Posted at 4-2 04:02
here is the video of the issue with both the app and RC. Switching to airplane mode results in the same behaviour, that is how usually try to fly. The only way to avoid it is to switch off bluetooth prior opening the DJI Fly, nevertheless this is an annoying bug.

Thank you for getting back with the info, I really appreciate it. The issue has been forwarded to our engineers to investigate. If there is an update about the case, I will let you know.
2020-4-3
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I like this kind of feedback from DJI... we'll see if they actually manage to address the problem in a future update. Thank You.
2020-4-3
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

Im glad I jumped into this thread before I made a post. Using S9 - Wait until SAT are 12+ / takeoff / and then I usually will switch into airplane mode. I have noticed that , and I can't confirm 100% but I think it might be also, that once I go into airplane mode - I am unable to use the photo button to take pictures. I want to go test this out today again now, so are we saying that: If we fly and don't go into Airplane mode, then the buttons should work correct?
2020-4-3
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

jperkmr954 Posted at 4-3 09:59
Im glad I jumped into this thread before I made a post. Using S9 - Wait until SAT are 12+ / takeoff / and then I usually will switch into airplane mode. I have noticed that , and I can't confirm 100% but I think it might be also, that once I go into airplane mode - I am unable to use the photo button to take pictures. I want to go test this out today again now, so are we saying that: If we fly and don't go into Airplane mode, then the buttons should work correct?

you still can activate airplane mode, just make sure you disable bluetooth prior opening dji fly app....
2020-4-3
Use props
jperkmr954
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1228609 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 4-3 10:08
you still can activate airplane mode, just make sure you disable bluetooth prior opening dji fly app....

I'm going to test it out shortly, now that that is mentioned I am not positive that my Bluetooth is on, but I am usually getting out of the car, so it is likely usually on. Thank you for the input - I'm going to test it.
2020-4-3
Use props
fill212
lvl.4
Flight distance : 346076 ft
Slovakia

The same happened about 2 times on my Samsung s8, even haven't realized that it can be connected with Bluetooth.
2020-4-4
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

Hi,

That's strange. For me airplane mode on phone is the best way to avoid RC/aircraft disconnection. I use a Samsung S7 ( android 8 i think) and most of the time i take off without touching anything on the phone, then often after some distance i can face disconnection, so i said " Damned, i forget again to put the phone on airplane mode !", i switch to aiplaine mode and no more disconnection. I do not notice any problem with this mode but i will do deeper test next time.
I remember that sometime the RC photo button didn't work, only button on app works (never had problem with video button on RC), may be it's related to bluetooth and airplane mode.
2020-4-5
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

Repeated test today. sbonev is right, if you had bluetooth on when you are connected to the drone, turning off bluetooth will make you lose the ability to change flight mode between P/S/C.

In previous test, I had bluetooth off when connecting to the drone. Switched it on and off didn't affect ability to change flight modes.

Phone: Samsung Note 10+
2020-4-12
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 4-12 00:01
Repeated test today. sbonev is right, if you had bluetooth on when you are connected to the drone, turning off bluetooth will make you lose the ability to change flight mode between P/S/C.

In previous test, I had bluetooth off when connecting to the drone. Switched it on and off didn't affect ability to change flight modes.

next level is to identify what is the connection of the bluetooth to the flight modes and RC buttons...i don't see any logical explanation so far
2020-4-12
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

Tested today after new FW update, problem with switching off bluetooth disables ability to change flight mode still persists. Can someone else test this and confirm?
2020-4-24
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

Bloodied_Mini Posted at 4-24 21:20
Tested today after new FW update, problem with switching off bluetooth disables ability to change flight mode still persists. Can someone else test this and confirm?

but the problem is clearly an app specific issue on android, there is no way a firmware would fix this, only app update...
2020-4-25
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

There's a hope that it'll be fixed
2020-4-26
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Thor Posted at 4-3 00:20
Thank you for getting back with the info, I really appreciate it. The issue has been forwarded to our engineers to investigate. If there is an update about the case, I will let you know.

just updated to DJI Fly app 1.1.2 and this issue is still existing. Do your developers plan to fix it anytime or they don't know how? it is 4 updates later and still no sign of any fixes for any  bugs or inconveniences of the app, only app crashes fixes according to the updates description, which sounds kind of not very concrete...
2020-5-19
Use props
NatureDigital
First Officer
Flight distance : 373002 ft
United States

Maybe there are some connection errors when you disable bluetooth
2020-5-19
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

NatureDigital Posted at 5-19 11:39
Maybe there are some connection errors when you disable bluetooth

connection errors to what? how is the bluetooth related to the RC video and photo buttons...or the onscreen button to change the flight mode? In any case it is a serious bug and DJI are not doing anything...for months...
2020-5-19
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Malaysia

Devs are probably working on a solution around the Autel patent lawsuit. Give them a bit of time, afterall, we have a work around for this.
2020-5-19
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules