Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Crowd
lvl.1
Flight distance : 238107 ft
Switzerland

Hello,
I just got the Mavic mini and I already have few problems with it
1- quickshot doesn't work. It's loosing the Target (turning red or starts the countdown with nothing happening after) or doesn't even let me draw the box around me and the option with the + is not available at all (I've tried long and short press either way nothing happens)
For now I could do the dronie only once ! No plan why it worked that time though...
2-i was flying away out of sight suddenly it told me that the device is not supported???
I had no control for the next 5 seconds before it went back to the camera view.
3- it always asks me to calibrate new?
4. I am in P Mode, Gimbal has been calibrate, IMU RC all calibrate  and updated to latest version. Android is also up to date.

2020-4-2
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

For quickshots, try flying closer to yourself then draw the box. If that don't work, try changing into bright background-contrasting clothes.

Hope this helps!
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Question 1: try to tap and drag your finger.
Question 2: not sure what the message was and where it was coming from, seems unusual. If the app crashes or the Mobile Device gets disconnect you're still full in control but w/out video feedback and media/camera controls.
Question 3: probably asking for compass calibration. stay away from metal objects, railings, reinforced concrete structures especially at power up since they mess up the compass headings irrecoverably until you re-initialize them.
2020-4-2
Use props
Crowd
lvl.1
Switzerland

So we gave it another try today (5th day in a row so far)
First we calibrated the aircraft and the IMU 60feet from our bicycles away then started flying.
Unfortunately I can't upload a video but the screenshot might already be helpful.
The objects with the green box were never recognized (otherwise will be a little plus on the top left corner) after drawing the box it'd instantly disappear after releasing my fingers. Only in the last picture where we were together on the camera it would mark us for 2 seconds (green "+" left corner) before turning red. The message"Target lost" didn't show up at any time. Is there a problem with the surrounding? No antennas and no power lines and we were 60feet away from our bicycles. Thanks for your help!!!!!
sketch-1585902142180.jpg
sketch-1585902219302.jpg
sketch-1585902269064.jpg
2020-4-3
Use props
Crowd
lvl.1
Switzerland

Crowd Posted at 4-3 00:32
So we gave it another try today (5th day in a row so far)
First we calibrated the aircraft and the IMU 60feet from our bicycles away then started flying.
Unfortunately I can't upload a video but the screenshot might already be helpful.
[Image]

Doesn't even let me mark me here....
sketch-1586069059139.jpg
2020-4-4
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, I am sorry to know that you are experiencing issues with the drone. May I know the mobile device you are using? Please try to refresh the firmware for the drone, or try to reinstall the DJI Fly on your mobile device, note to back up the files and make sure that the flight records have uploaded to the cloud before removing the app. Please also try to test on a recommended mobile device if the device you are using is not the compatibility device.
Please keep us updated if the issue persists.
2020-4-5
Use props
Crowd
lvl.1
Switzerland

I'm using a wiko view.
I could do ONE rocket view couple days ago .just after it had returned to home point I wanted to do another one but it could not detect us again. And we were in the middle of a soccer field wearing a yellow shirt and a grey jumper... it doesn't want to let us mark or it counts down and then says target lost. If we try too many times unsuccessfully then I have to go back to video mode and select quickshot mode again.
It's a but annoying.... Especially for the circle view because it's difficult to do it without the quickshot mode.... I'm gonna try another phone from a friend. It's a Huawei P20 Lite. Also video editing doesn't offer me the rhythm option (where you can tap and mark to the rhythm)  seems like more than only quickshot doesn't work....

2020-4-6
Use props
Crowd
lvl.1
Switzerland

So the Huawei P20 LITE did it's job!

Only the thing with the video editing function is not the same as the one that is shown on the internet from other people... There are options missing.
And that's the only thing from what I know...
Maybe other things won't be working either yet I haven't discovered it.

But for quickshot it worked fine!!!
2020-4-8
Use props
djiuser_TpkYsL5HDF7O
lvl.1
Flight distance : 32408 ft
Ireland

I can’t get Quickshot to work at all have selected all of them and am able to get the count down working however nothing happens after count down. I get a yellow error message in top left screen saying max altitude reached but not sure why I’m only 2 metres off the ground. This could be user error as I’m new to drones and it’s only my second day having the Mavic mini.

Can anyone help here in what I might be doing wrong?
2020-4-29
Use props
djiuser_X6dETQuqBUib
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Got my mavick mini yesterday. My first drone. Very cool. However i have very quickly identified the QuickShots are not working. I draw box and disappears: sometimes a plus sign pops up and allows me to press it which creates a square next to me.

I have had for less than two days. Should I be returning it?
2020-5-7
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

Same thing, Quickshots refuses to work.  The exact warning message I get "Max flight distance reached.  Adjust aircraft distance and try again".  No amount of adjusting with either my relationship to the drone or the distance setting on the Quickshot makes a difference.

After getting the message, then I'm not able to draw a box or have a + sign available.

I'm trying this in a blue zone, if that makes a difference.  I've never tried a quickshot anywhere else.
2020-5-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I have a suspicion it might be a problem that's Mobile Device dependent.
2020-5-8
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

m80116 Posted at 5-8 12:35
I have a suspicion it might be a problem that's Mobile Device dependent.

Using a Google Pixel 2, Android version 10, everything up to date.
2020-5-8
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Just FYI, my S9+ was pretty happily working with earlier version of the Fly app on Android 9.

After the update to Android 10 the Fly app stability became much worse. I have no idea how it stands right now as there have been I think a couple of updates that (because of CV lockdown) I haven't tested yet.
2020-5-8
Use props
Flat Possum
New

New Zealand

Same problem here with Samsung Note 5.
In Quickshot mode my Mavic Mini does not recognize/find subjects to lock on.
No green (+) icon and green selected rectangle does not trigger the Start option (just disappears when lifting the finger off the screen).
I have latest firmware on Mini and Android 6.
I tried everything : Dronie, Rocket, Helix, 1 meter from me, 5 meters, 2m height and more, P mode, C mode, perfect weather and lightning conditions, no warning on aircraft, SD card ok, GPS, 1080p, 2.7k, etc.

Can someone confirm Quickshot mode is indeed device dependent?
Thanks for your help!
***Update***
I can now confirm that this issue is device dependent.
It is the device CPU that does the object locking and feedback data to the drone to perform the Quickshot.
Older devices (limited on RAM and CPU clock speed) or devices that may not have all of the Java libraries that the Fly App passes on will simply fail to perform the computations required.

I now use a controller phone that is in DJI's compatibility list and everything works like a charm.
2020-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Vh1o8g8o6P2Y
lvl.3
Flight distance : 811788 ft
United States

was able to do "circle" quickshot with brand new Mini 2 updated to latest firmware, using OnePlus 6T with latest OS, and latest DJI Fly app. .. once!  Now, none of the quickshots work. I am able to enter Quickshots, select a shot, select a target, and start the shot. The Mini 2 starts the shot but drops out after about five seconds. Reading online about dozens of issues with quickshots and complete lack of reliability.  And did I mention the dumb geofencing that DJI uses to prevent you from flying? Provably have to return this Mini 2 to Amazon while I can and get the more expensive Autel Evo as it lets you fly anywhere and does real tracking.
2020-11-22
Use props
The-Blue Mann
New

Nepal

Hello dear Dji fans, maybe you can help me.  My Dji mini 2 makes very bright quick shots.  The only problem is with quick shots.  With normal video recording I don't have the problem as soon as I select the quick shots menu, everything is extremely bright. Kind regards
2021-2-12
Use props
djiuser_gEYQkpt9ULW8
lvl.1
Canada

I have the mini 2 and every time my video gets converted to a quick shot, the picture quality is enhanced and it gets too bright… any idea how to prevent that?
2021-5-9
Use props
djiuser_MCXUJdGSTFfJ
New

United Kingdom

Hi DJI Fanatics, had my first flight today and sadly quickshots didn't work as it should've. Specifically Helix and Boomerang. It seems the gimbal have lost track of the target after couple of seconds. I've since updated the firmware for the drone and also recalibrated the gimbal. Is there anything I can do to fix the issue? Thank you all!

PS: I'm trying to share a link here, but don't have permission. Hopefully this works: youtu.be/cSXT907-u0Y
2021-7-18
Use props
djiuser_oeh1NRAV3qlZ
New
United States

Hi I just got my DJI MINI 2 drone and the quick shot won’t start. The camera follows me when i have the green box on but it won’t allow me to press start. I also have been putting it in normal mode. I also do not have a sim card
2022-3-19
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

djiuser_oeh1NRAV3qlZ Posted at 3-19 10:57
Hi I just got my DJI MINI 2 drone and the quick shot won’t start. The camera follows me when i have the green box on but it won’t allow me to press start. I also have been putting it in normal mode. I also do not have a sim card

I think you mean you don't have a uSD card.  You MUST have a uSD card in service for QuickShots.
2022-3-19
Use props
djiuser_YIxpAnL0hf4F
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9797 ft
Germany

I have DJI Mini2 operate with Samsung S20  and S20+. All Calibrated and Updated. QuickShots dont work. Defenetly problem with App.
2022-5-31
Use props
yk mini2
lvl.1

Malaysia

Issues:
All quickshot modes do not work since update to firmware 1.6.1
Could not draw box on target.
One instance with successful draw box, error message: Target lost.
+sign Unavailable.

Steps taken:
Launch quickshot close to target.
Uninstalled and reinstalled firmware 1.6.1.
MicroSD card inside the Mini 2.

Mobile device: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Android: version 12.
One UI version: 4.1.
Firmware: 1.6.1 , no issue with quickshots on previous firmware.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2022-6-1
Use props
BarnesBoy
New

United Kingdom

yk mini2 Posted at 6-1 04:24
Issues:
All quickshot modes do not work since update to firmware 1.6.1
Could not draw box on target.

I am having this exact issue too - quickshot has worked for the previous six months and now no green crosses appear and cannot lock on using green box. Also on a Samsung Galaxy s21.
2022-6-2
Use props
djiuser_DWEXrjJCmXJr
New

United Kingdom

I also have this problem. New mini2 delivered on Tuesday last week, flown about five times and tried all the quickshot modes multiple times. Out of around twenty attempts, only two worked. Phone is Samsung s10+ which is on the approved phone list. When I get back from my short break on Monday I'm probably going to send it back to Amazon for a refund.
2022-6-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules