Mavic Mini video bit rate
7111 11 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
coco60
lvl.4
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

Would it be possible for DJI to increase video bitrate to maybe 80Mb like doubled through inventual firmware update for even better video quality ?  I know they wont do 4K because of Mavic mini price or even of its circuitry limitations !?
2020-4-2
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Don't know about 2.7K but 1080p is pixel sharp like an exacto knife. They've done a wonderful job w/ encoder for the low bitrate they're using.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

The max video Bitrate of Mavic Mini camera is 40 Mbps, we don't think it will be increased at the moment because it is a entry-level drone, it supports up to 2.7 K but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.
2020-4-2
Use props
Skrajnik
lvl.3
Flight distance : 764623 ft
Slovenia

Yes, please !
2020-4-3
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

I have difficulty understanding why you want that when there are more pressing issues around the mini, like being able to read the top of screen?
2020-4-3
Use props
Pashi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4862598 ft
  • >>>
Russia

DJI Mindy Posted at 4-2 23:45
The max video Bitrate of Mavic Mini camera is 40 Mbps, we don't think it will be increased at the moment because it is a entry-level drone, it supports up to 2.7 K but your need will be forwarded to our engineers for attention.

40 mBits is enough for 2.7K. There is a problem with excessive digital sharpness of the video image. In professional world we usually kill digital sharpening to 0 and add it in post-production. Digital sharpening adds a lot of fake details and 40mBit can be not enough in this situation. I hope one day DJI will add control over sharpness as well as manual video controls. I love quality of DJI Spark's image it's was very plausible, no fake details and halos at the edges.
2020-4-3
Use props
coco60
lvl.4
Flight distance : 632096 ft
Canada

Pashi Posted at 4-3 13:28
40 mBits is enough for 2.7K. There is a problem with excessive digital sharpness of the video image. In professional world we usually kill digital sharpening to 0 and add it in post-production. Digital sharpening adds a lot of fake details and 40mBit can be not enough in this situation. I hope one day DJI will add control over sharpness as well as manual video controls. I love quality of DJI Spark's image it's was very plausible, no fake details and halos at the edges.

Ok, i'am just trying to get BEST image quality with my mini with maximum firmware updates that the mavic mini can possibly get !!
2020-4-4
Use props
fificap
lvl.2
Flight distance : 55531 ft
France

I do not understand how SD bitrate will increase video quality as it is already enought for the 2.7K max resolution of the mini ?
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Pashi Posted at 4-3 13:28
40 mBits is enough for 2.7K. There is a problem with excessive digital sharpness of the video image. In professional world we usually kill digital sharpening to 0 and add it in post-production. Digital sharpening adds a lot of fake details and 40mBit can be not enough in this situation. I hope one day DJI will add control over sharpness as well as manual video controls. I love quality of DJI Spark's image it's was very plausible, no fake details and halos at the edges.

We understand your concern, we will also keep improving our products according to customers' feedback, please note the future possible update.
2020-4-5
Use props
djiuser_vkAQRzmQcAGw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24137 ft
Portugal

Ingo Sundowner Posted at 4-3 00:16
I have difficulty understanding why you want that when there are more pressing issues around the mini, like being able to read the top of screen?

Because the existence of other issues does not invalidate this one. Also, the best thing to do is inform DJI of all the errors and bad stuff we find, no matter how small or insignificant, so that they can make it better and better overtime  with software updates, and also fix other stuff in the possibly upcoming 2nd generation
2020-7-1
Use props
djiuser_vkAQRzmQcAGw
lvl.1
Flight distance : 24137 ft
Portugal

fificap Posted at 4-5 01:19
I do not understand how SD bitrate will increase video quality as it is already enought for the 2.7K max resolution of the mini ?

I'd say you can clearly see some weird stuff in the image when moving a lot using 2.7k. Things like the video being way too blurry
2020-7-1
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The Ambarella processor used in the mini is capable of 4k. They didn't add it as it had overheating issues. There is no fan in the mini, it uses the grills underneath it to cool itself.
2020-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules