DJI Charging Hub for P4 batteries
529 3 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

So...I'm currently staring at 3 expensive paperweights called P4 batteries.  I don't know if it was user error or product/manufacturer error.  Put my 3 regular capacity (of my 4 batts) on it in storage mode and left it as usual.  Standard procedure when I get home from flying.  Not sure how but all 3 batteries are now drained and won't take a charge of any kind.  Has anyone else experienced a similar problem with the DJI charging hub?   DJI support was absolutely useless on this one.  All batteries were in excellent working order when I put them on the charger in STORAGE mode.  Support gives me the impression of "Oh..it's out of warranty, you're fucked and we don't give a ...."
Has onyone recovered a battery in this condition? I know 2 of the 3 are done.  Visually puffed inside the casing and to the touch sooooo....not going back in my aircraft even if they work again.

2 of the 3 have approx 90 cycles each and the other has approx 50 cycles.  Glad my high capacity battery wasn't on there.

Searched this topic extensively with zero results for my issue.

Thanks for the help!

B.
2020-4-2
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear about the issue, Bear5oh. For the 2 swollen batteries, please don't continue using, please dispose of the batteries properly. For the last battery, you may try to keep charging it for about 2 hours, if it is still not charged, you may also need to replace the battery.
At the same time, could you please provide your batteries' serial number to me as well? Look forward to hearing back from you.
2020-4-3
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

The DJI charging hub has always worked fine for me. Last week I used it to fully charge 3 batteries, then I set it to storage mode, and the batteries discharged one by one to around 50%, then stopped. I don't know why your batteries are swollen, but I would be surprised if it is because of the charging hub.
2020-4-3
Use props
Bear5oh
lvl.2
United States

Well...I came home with all 4 packs.  I put my 3 regular capacity ones on the hub and verified it was in storage mode. Watched it check all 3.  Watched it begin to discharge the first one.  Left it to do its job as usual (using the hub like this for almost 18 months).  Left the packs on the hub for the last few weeks (drone is down too) as I try to figure out how to get my P4A repaired (ugh virus shut down).  Went to the hub to get a pack to do calibration on my drone, found all 3 in the present state they're now in.  Batts are out of warranty, obviously, but were in excellent UNSWOLLEN condition.  I'm baffled.

I typically leave em in the hub when i'm not using my drone.  I flip it to charge the morning of or the night before a mission/flight so I have all 4 ready to go when it's flight time.  Put 'em all back in and flip it to storage when I'm home.  Rinse and repeat.  

Is there a way to do diagnostics on the hub from the usb port or is that for updating only?
2020-4-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules