Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Cant Charge Mavic Pro 2 Batteries in Car
1688 3 2020-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
robgallo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 556493 ft
Canada

Anyone else having problems charging ANY DJI batteries in the car? They don't want to charge unless the engine is RUNNING.

Tried multiple car chargers, over 2 cars, one with a brand new car battery. Even tried a 12v/120v power inverter.

Tried Mavic Air Batteries and now my new Mavic Pro 2. No dice.

The only way my batteries charge is if I keep the engine running which is not practical.
2020-4-2
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

First, get a DJI car charger, many of the after-market ones do not work properly, the reason is because the car charger is not actually a charger. The DJI one is simply a power supply because the charge circuitry is built into the battery.

Secondly, you will flatten the car battery in no time if the engine is not running. Car chargers for DJI batteries draw a lot of current.  And cheap power inverters do not work either, you need one with a modified sine wave output.

2020-4-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have two cars,  one has the sockets on all the time and they will charge with the engine off, the other the ignition has to be on to turn the socket on.  On some VW's they have a fuse you can move to control this behaviour.
2020-4-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You’ve got all the advice you need by two posters above .
2020-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules